PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, no need to win out with the imminent AFC North/West divisional games coming in the final six weeks.

But beating Tennessee specifically with the Chargers\Browns games already in our pocket…increases the chances even more. If we get by Tennessee…which is no given as we likely will not win the turnover battle…we could split with the Bills and still take the #1 seed depending on the outcome of the Indy/Miami roadies.
Why won't we win the turnover battle?

Not that this is insightful but...

Pats are +6 with 21 takeaways and 15 turnovers
Titans are -3 with 14 takeaways and 17 turnovers

Not sure how anyone could say going into it that the Titans are more likely to win the turnover battle when it says NE is.
Right? Plus Trannyhill is going in all by himself with no skill position players. I'd say the deck is stacked in our favor.

Right here!

See you on Monday night in two weeks. You'll be a man, won't you? Show your face in here. Don't slink away after the game.

It depends which Bills team shows up.

They are advertised as the new Kings of the AFC, but it never seems to come to fruition.

Yep. They are more talented than the Patriots. But have been massively inconsistent. Particularly Allen. The AFC right now looks weak and incredibly inconsistent. 1 week I team looks like the favorite to represent, only to get blown out by some scrub bottom feeder team.
As it stands right now the AFC's record vs the NFC is 30-25-1 in head to head matchups, with TB@Indy, Atl@Jac and Car@Mia coming this week.

That combined with the fact that the NFC only has 5 winning teams while the AFC has 10 tells me that the AFC is once again the stronger conference.

Not that this is insightful but...

Even in the best case scenario like an MCL sprain I really doubt we'll be seeing him next Monday night and possibly not in the December game either. That's a big break for us.

Nope, no need to win out with the imminent AFC North/West divisional games coming in the final six weeks.

But beating Tennessee specifically with the Chargers\Browns games already in our pocket…increases the chances even more. If we get by Tennessee…which is no given as we likely will not win the turnover battle…we could split with the Bills and still take the #1 seed depending on the outcome of the Indy/Miami roadies.
Why do you say this? Tennessee is -3 in turnover ratio we are +6.
They have thrown the 5th most Ints and we lead the league in taking ints.
Turnover battle looks extremely likely to favor the Patriots.

Even in the best case scenario like an MCL sprain I really doubt we'll be seeing him next Monday night and possibly not in the December game either. That's a big break for us.

The Pats or the Bucs?

The Bills game in Buffalo will be the first time Mac plays in front of a really hostile NFL road crowd. Let's be real he hasn't really faced any yet and some of those "road" games like in LA were full of Pats fans and an indifferent home crowd.

Will be a great experience for him and if he can keep his cool in that environment maybe we really do have a special QB here.

Last edited:
Heard great things about their arena. Looking forward to visiting the next time I'm in the area.
A few co-workers have gone. Said it was a great time.

Reactions: sb1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back