PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The irony is they didn't need him last night, still could've won easily without his services.

worried about the Bills? Nah...just declare bankruptcy and throw bildos at the bill collectors...

As it stands right now the AFC's record vs the NFC is 30-25-1 in head to head matchups, with TB@Indy, Atl@Jac and Car@Mia coming this week.

That combined with the fact that the NFC only has 5 winning teams while the AFC has 10 tells me that the AFC is once again the stronger conference.
The AFC has more depth but the NFC has the top dogs. I was talking about playoffs vs playoffs. So that's more about the top teams, which is clearly the NFC right now.

worried about the Bills? Nah...just declare bankruptcy and throw bildos at the bill collectors...
0006.png

Sure, the Bills certainly look more beatable now than when they trounced the CHiefs in Kansas City.

I still think it's their division to lose.

The AFC has more depth but the NFC has the top dogs. I was talking about playoffs vs playoffs. So that's more about the top teams, which is clearly the NFC right now.
Baloney. AFC is tougher. The nfc is a false narrative that was pushed all year and is now proven false. There are 2 legit teams in the nfc zona and TB. Green Bay is borderline contender. Thats it. The rest suck. Rams suck. Cowboys suck.
And im not totally sold on zona yet.
If i was ranking em now,id go:
1 zona
2 tb
3 ne
4 kc
5 buff
6 gb
7 tenn
8 indy
9 balt
Thats 6 of the top 9 afc.
Rams and cowboys are mediocre soft teams that would have losing records in the afc

I don’t think you get turnovers out of your system. You turn the ball over when you are not making easy plays and succeeding on offense and have to press and do things you don’t do well.
Tannehill throwing 4 picks was about a mediocre QB with weapons depleted struggling to make decisions.
The fact that he is playing like crap without Henry has 12 picks in 12 games against us and 11 in 7 games in foxboro and that we lead thr nfl in Ints tells me it very more likely he throws up in his shoes than that throwing 4 picks last week means he won’t throw any because he emptied some mythical tank.
Your argument is almost akin to a bad team facing a good team should blow them out because they are “due”.

It isn’t meant to be a logical argument, I mean I am good at dem maths…but I still buy lotto tickets now and then just because….

By a similar nature, I’d expect Tanny to play it safe..check down passes to Hilliard…punting the ball more often than not. So,I feel turnovers will be few and far between UNLESS. We jump out to a two score lead and they have to open up the offense more… if our offense keeps stalling…it could be a low scoring game, IMO. Both coaches are content to wait for the other side to make a mistake, IMO.

Baloney. AFC is tougher. The nfc is a false narrative that was pushed all year and is now proven false. There are 2 legit teams in the nfc zona and TB. Green Bay is borderline contender. Thats it. The rest suck. Rams suck. Cowboys suck.
1 zona
2 tb
3 ne
4 kc
5 buff
6 gb
7 tenn
8 indy
9 balt
Rams and cowboys are mediocre soft teams that would have losing records in the afc
Not sure where BUF will be at year end after losing White.

Huge, huge blow to that defense.

There's no way they could hang with KC in the playoffs now. Even if they made it to the SB, they'll face a balanced offense and a veteran QB that will feast on them. They were flawed to begin with, now they're just F'd.

Last edited:

No question. He was their best defensive player. They still have s lot of talent on both sides of the ball BUT I see 2 fatal flaws: 1. Despite having a good defense they are NOT a physical team. Pats are. Titans are. 2. For all of Allen's talent, the one big weakness in his game is his decision-making. Its incredible to me that Rookie Mac Jones is clearly ahead of Allen in that dept.
I only ranked Buffalo that high not because theyre great but because most of the so-called contenders in both conferences are even more flawed than them.

There's no way they could hand with KC in the playoffs now. Even if they made it to the SB, they'll face a balanced offense and a veteran QB that will feast on them. They were flawed to begin with, now they're just F'd.
Exactly.

With us at least whomever White would have covered now has a better than puncher's chance to make a few plays in the passing game.

It'll be interesting to see how much Frazier becomes more conservative with his Cover 2 scheme.

Additionally they'll have to commit more resources at the LoS to stop the run.

1 zona
2 tb
3 ne
4 kc
5 buff
6 gb
7 tenn
8 indy
9 balt

I love the optimism for the Pats, but we have exactly 1 win against a team above .500, and that was a 5-4 Chargers team. And our D hasn’t shut down any team with a legitimate offense yet… I hate the Cowboys, but I think if they have Amari and CeeDee healthy- and those guys will be back- they are a top 5 team. Also, think the Rams have been up and down- they have a ceiling of a top 3 team, but they are now learning the challenge of managing a half dozen all-star personalities… they aren’t jelled as a team right now.

to tie it back to the thread- I feel similarly about the Bills as the Rams… depending on which version you get, they are either elite O or middle of the pack, and the Bills rely on the big shot plays- they only have to hit a few of them to be elite. The x-factor for the Bills (and the one thing that worries me about them) is Josh Allen’s legs. Patriots haven’t played a good mobile quarterback to know if our defense can stop that. Herbert only attempted 2 rushes, so can’t really tell if it wasn’t there for him, or if it was something else- but Josh Allen will scramble on 3rd down.

Pats are more leaders of the middle of the pack (if that makes sense) - they have a lower ceiling/higher floor on both sides of the ball, our rise is more about consistency and depth while teams around us fall. I don’t think we’re a top 3 team (just yet), but we might not have to be if we get the middle of the pack version of the Bills

I love the optimism for the Pats, but we have exactly 1 win against a team above .500, and that was a 5-4 Chargers team. And our D hasn’t shut down any team with a legitimate offense yet… I hate the Cowboys, but I think if they have Amari and CeeDee healthy- and those guys will be back- they are a top 5 team. Also, think the Rams have been up and down- they have a ceiling of a top 3 team, but they are now learning the challenge of managing a half dozen all-star personalities… they aren’t jelled as a team right now.

to tie it back to the thread- I feel similarly about the Bills as the Rams… depending on which version you get, they are either elite O or middle of the pack, and the Bills rely on the big shot plays- they only have to hit a few of them to be elite. The x-factor for the Bills (and the one thing that worries me about them) is Josh Allen’s legs. Patriots haven’t played a good mobile quarterback to know if our defense can stop that. Herbert only attempted 2 rushes, so can’t really tell if it wasn’t there for him, or if it was something else- but Josh Allen will scramble on 3rd down.

Pats are more leaders of the middle of the pack (if that makes sense) - they have a lower ceiling/higher floor on both sides of the ball, our rise is more about consistency and depth while teams around us fall. I don’t think we’re a top 3 team (just yet), but we might not have to be if we get the middle of the pack version of the Bills

The Pats are 2-2 against teams over .500. And they should have beaten the Cowboys if not for the Pats calling a Cover 0 blitz on 3rd and 25 (which was blessing in disguise since Bill got involved in the defense after that play and the defense has been great since).

And I don't know you can say the Pats' defense has a lower ceiling. They lead the league in fewest points allowed (and this includes teams that have already had their bye and have played one less game than the Pats). Other than the Bills, the Pats lead all teams in allowing fewest points per games by at least two points per game (they lead the Bills by 0.4 PPG).

The Pats haven't lost a game in five games and they had to take time to gel with 13 new starters (if you count Hightower, Van Noy, and Trent Brown who have missed at least a year with this team) including a rookie QB and an o-line that was decimated by injuries early in the season. If the Rams still need time to gel, why don't you take that into effect all the new pieces with the Pats.

The Pats are 2-2 against teams over .500. And they should have beaten the Cowboys if not for the Pats calling a Cover 0 blitz on 3rd and 25 (which was blessing in disguise since Bill got involved in the defense after that play and the defense has been great since).

And I don't know you can say the Pats' defense has a lower ceiling. They lead the league in fewest points allowed (and this includes teams that have already had their bye and have played one less game than the Pats). Other than the Bills, the Pats lead all teams in allowing fewest points per games by at least two points per game (they lead the Bills by 0.4 PPG).

The Pats haven't lost a game in five games and they had to take time to gel with 13 new starters (if you count Hightower, Van Noy, and Trent Brown who have missed at least a year with this team) including a rookie QB and an o-line that was decimated by injuries early in the season. If the Rams still need time to gel, why don't you take that into effect all the new pieces with the Pats.
Sorry, I missed that the 5-7 saints were 2-1 when we played them. You’re correct we’re 2-2 against teams with a winning record.

My point is really just that we haven’t played an offense that has more than 1 way to beat us since the Chargers, and we didn’t really stop the Chargers, so much as they beat themselves . Our defense has looked dominant against some seriously flawed offenses - which they should if they are great, so I’m not taking that away from them- but until they can stop an above average offense, I can’t project them to have a high ceiling.

Falcons without Patterson and Ridley, injured Mayfield and no Chubb/Hunt, Panthers that didn’t use McCaffrey for half a game (then he chewed us up), Jets backup QB (plus it’s the Jets)… Chargers were a few wide-open dropped passes from a win there too… so if you want to say we shoulda beat the cowboys… that’s a wash.
Anyway, it’s fun to think that Belichick taking over the D coincides with this stretch of dominance, but playing bad offenses also coincides.

I hope you’re right and it’s not just the competition, but we won’t find out this week facing a Titans team without Henry, Julio, or Brown. And I’m hoping this isn’t like 2019 where we started 8-0 with gawd “elite D” stats beating up junior varsity teams.

Until I see they can do it against a decent offense, I’m tempering my expectations on their ceiling.

Sorry, I missed that the 5-7 saints were 2-1 when we played them. You’re correct we’re 2-2 against teams with a winning record.

My point is really just that we haven’t played an offense that has more than 1 way to beat us since the Chargers, and we didn’t really stop the Chargers, so much as they beat themselves . Our defense has looked dominant against some seriously flawed offenses - which they should if they are great, so I’m not taking that away from them- but until they can stop an above average offense, I can’t project them to have a high ceiling.

Falcons without Patterson and Ridley, injured Mayfield and no Chubb/Hunt, Panthers that didn’t use McCaffrey for half a game (then he chewed us up), Jets backup QB (plus it’s the Jets)… Chargers were a few wide-open dropped passes from a win there too… so if you want to say we shoulda beat the cowboys… that’s a wash.
Anyway, it’s fun to think that Belichick taking over the D coincides with this stretch of dominance, but playing bad offenses also coincides.

I hope you’re right and it’s not just the competition, but we won’t find out this week facing a Titans team without Henry, Julio, or Brown. And I’m hoping this isn’t like 2019 where we started 8-0 with gawd “elite D” stats beating up junior varsity teams.

Until I see they can do it against a decent offense, I’m tempering my expectations on their ceiling.

So the Pats’ defense didn’t shut down Herbert and the Chargerds, the Chargers beat themselves? And the Pats can only play the teams on their schedule.

And the Browns are 6-5. They have an over .500 record.

So the Pats’ defense didn’t shut down Herbert and the Chargerds, the Chargers beat themselves? And the Pats can only play the teams on their schedule.

Browns didnt when the pats played them. Browns are not a great team, Browns are a horrible team without a running game. Honestly though, I am not sure what the pats are yet. They are taking care of business and that is all you can ask, but can they beat a great team? I am not sure. Win the games you play, that is all you can ask.

I always view it from the standpoint on how did the team look vs whoever the competition is. The Pats turned the corner IMO vs the Chargers, especially defensively. They have been red hot every since. Mac has been up and down but that is to be expected. Tenn will be a good test as well as the Bills. I wish we played KC in the regular season this year or the Ravens but we will most likely face one or maybe both in the post-season.

Browns didnt when the pats played them. Browns are not a great team, Browns are a horrible team without a running game. Honestly though, I am not sure what the pats are yet. They are taking care of business and that is all you can ask, but can they beat a great team? I am not sure. Win the games you play, that is all you can ask.

You just posted an entire paragraph that doesn’t change the fact that they have an over .500 record. Thanks for wasting everyone’s time though.

I was responding to a post that said that the Pats have only one win against teams over .500. I pointed out there are two wins. But since we all agree I am right on that, can we move on?

I always view it from the standpoint on how did the team look vs whoever the competition is. The Pats turned the corner IMO vs the Chargers, especially defensively. They have been red hot every since. Mac has been up and down but that is to be expected. Tenn will be a good test as well as the Bills. I wish we played KC in the regular season this year or the Ravens but we will most likely face one or maybe both in the post-season.

With all the injuries on the Titans, I don’t think they will be a good test. The Colts will be a better test.

With all the injuries on the Titans, I don’t think they will be a good test. The Colts will be a better test.
I don't know. Vrable is a really good coach and the Titans have not lost 2 in a row all season. I don't think it is fair if we win by say 10 or 14 to discredit the win. Tenn has the top seed right now for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back