PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Pats and Bills split and finish with the same record, we'll win the division cause of a better division record (unless Bills lose to the Jets). Bills do have a game at Tampa so that could be a loss, but we're at Indy and at Miami so we could have a loss too. Our mindset has to be to run the table from here on. If we can do that we not only win the division, but will be the #1 seed I believe due the best conference record if we end up tied with Tenn or KC for example.

Last edited:
I don't know. Vrable is a really good coach and the Titans have not lost 2 in a row all season. I don't think it is fair if we win by say 10 or 14 to discredit the win. Tenn has the top seed right now for a reason.
Well you never discredit wins, because I dont care who you play, wins are hard to get, but losing your best player and your two best receivers does make it a bit easier to beat them

If the Pats and Bills split and finish with the same record, they'll win the division cause of a better division record (unless they lose to the Jets). They do have a game at Tampa so that could be a loss, but we're at Indy and at Miami so we could have a loss too. Our mindset has to be to run the table from here on. If we can do that we not only win the division, but will be the #1 seed I believe due the best conference record if we end up tied with Tenn or KC for example.
The at Miami game scares me the most. The Fins always seem to mess up our playoff seeding.

The at Miami game scares me the most. The Fins always seem to mess up our playoff seeding.
Always. lol. Football is weird this year, so I am not sure the pats can run the table, there is going to be a weird game in there somewhere that everything goes wrong. But division games are weird anyway and always have been regardless of the record of the team the pats play.

I don't know. Vrable is a really good coach and the Titans have not lost 2 in a row all season. I don't think it is fair if we win by say 10 or 14 to discredit the win. Tenn has the top seed right now for a reason.

We have seen what the Titans can do without AJ Brown. They are awful. They just got their butts spanked by the Texans. The Pats slept walked in the first half against the Texans and still beat them.

If the Pats and Bills split and finish with the same record, we'll win the division cause of a better division record (unless Bills lose to the Jets). Bills do have a game at Tampa so that could be a loss, but we're at Indy and at Miami so we could have a loss too. Our mindset has to be to run the table from here on. If we can do that we not only win the division, but will be the #1 seed I believe due the best conference record if we end up tied with Tenn or KC for example.
No this is wrong. If the Pats/Bills split and they each win their other div. game, the Bills win the div. not the Pats. Bills would finish 5-1, Pats 4-2. Assuming a split with Buffalo, Pats would need Buff. to lose at Bucs which they will and Pats would need to run the table to finish with better overall record.

We have seen what the Titans can do without AJ Brown. They are awful. They just got their butts spanked by the Texans. The Pats slept walked in the first half against the Texans and still beat them.

I really don’t think any individual games translate to others unless it’s part of an ongoing trend where a team can’t stop the run, can’t stop the pass, can’t get pressure etc…There are 11 teams over .500 in the AFC, and pretty much every team has laid at least one egg. Each week simply comes down to who plays tougher and better. I like the Patriots chances any week because they are usually the more physical team, and it’s really hard to execute when you are losing the fistfight, but they can also drop any game if they aren’t playing their best.

No this is wrong. If the Pats/Bills split and they each win their other div. game, the Bills win the div. not the Pats. Bills would finish 5-1, Pats 4-2. Assuming a split with Buffalo, Pats would need Buff. to lose at Bucs which they will and Pats would need to run the table to finish with better overall record.

Exactly what I expect to happen, although I also wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots sweep the Bills. The Bills aren't just losing games by shooting themselves in the foot; they've been a flat out bad team for nearly half the season. I won't be shocked if the Bills finish 10-7. Time to stop pretending they're some perennial juggernaut.

If we can split vs the Bills, I’d be thrilled.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
If we can split vs the Bills, I’d be thrilled.

I'd be satisfied with a split, but can't say I'd be 'thrilled'. Maybe against the bills of 2020, but they've taken a clear step backward this year. And now are without White. From where they and we stand right now (deadlocked record wise), we theoretically should be expecting a split with them.

I know our season was long over but still hated how we just laid down for them in Foxboro last December. That's not going to happen this time.

If you take anybody for granted, they're a test you fail. So far this teem seems dialed in. But you discover that truth only one way, and it's not good.

So we have the luxury as fans to think the Titans has transformed into a gimme through the power of injuries. I have to admit, to steal and mangle a phrase, it's

"A game of chess,
where Tennessee is kingless"

And I really do think that they're badly mangled on offense. But if the D decides to take a game off, unconsciously, and O has its usual limited outing, I could see us losing in the vicinity of 24-17. (that wasn't my call for the game, but what if, yanno?)

As for the Bills, everytime I look at the bottom of the screen thinking about how great we are kicking butt, there they are doing exactly the same thing.

We're the hot pick right now... I'm on the bandwagon, but let's see how this 4 games go.

Last edited:
Correct - I had that wording the right way then changed it. Bills would win.

If you take anybody for granted, they're a test you fail. So far this teem seems dialed in. But you discover that truth only one way, and it's not good.

So we have the luxury as fans to think the Titans has transformed into a gimme through the power of injuries. I have to admit, to steal and mangle a phrase, it's

"A game of chess,
where Tennessee is kingless"

And I really do think that they're badly mangled on offense. But if the D decides to take a game off, unconsciously, and O has its usual limited outing, I could see us losing in the vicinity of 24-17. (that wasn't my call for the game, but what if, yanno?)

As for the Bills, everytime I look at the bottom of the screen thinking about how great we are kicking butt, there they are doing exactly the same thing.

We're the hot pick right now... I'm on the bandwagon, but let's see how this 4 games go.
Bandwagon fans always have a big but.

You are way more confident about this game than me. Vrabel will have his team ready coming in here. He loves to get the best of Bill. If we don't play our best game on both sides we will lose. Tenn is not going to lay down or suddenly forget how to play football because of injuries.

Baloney. AFC is tougher. The nfc is a false narrative that was pushed all year and is now proven false. There are 2 legit teams in the nfc zona and TB. Green Bay is borderline contender. Thats it. The rest suck. Rams suck. Cowboys suck.
And im not totally sold on zona yet.
If i was ranking em now,id go:
1 zona
2 tb
3 ne
4 kc
5 buff
6 gb
7 tenn
8 indy
9 balt
Thats 6 of the top 9 afc.
Rams and cowboys are mediocre soft teams that would have losing records in the afc
Cowboys are without their top 2 WR which make that offense go. One they are back the Boys will be a threat again. Arizona is winning without their starting QB. I mean, that's hard to do in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe