PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Inside the most dysfunctional Pats season under BB

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

@Triumph

I look at this as multi-layered. It's Bill's eff up that he went with JJ/FM to begin with. So now Bill has to take over in game decisions because JJ/FM are an abject failure? And, surprise, he himself fails at that? Meanwhile, specials suck at an all time non-Patriot level. Too much on Bill's plate, too much to ask of anyone, much less a 70 year old guy. Bill thought he could get good results with JJ/FM, and he was wrong. Thought he could do it himself, and that was wrong.

I guess I look at at it and think that the whole thing was a nightmare of his own doing, and he either got called on it by RKK or he freely admitted in the meeting with RKK that he needed more, better help. So, the help is here. The haters want to roll around on tweets like this like a dog rolling around on fresh cut grass. Meh. He screwed up, royally. 2022 is over. Yes, other coaches not named Bill Belichick might get fired for chit like this. He's got one more year to fix it, to quote @RobertWeathers, or he will be retired. I can't speak for everyone else, but I want to move on to '23 and getting better. We will see what happens.

Its breer with bb hater kleiman on top. Breer has zero sources , he just keeps guessing.
Is Kleiman a BB hater too? Seems to be a Mac hater at least...

Everything bad ever written about the Patriots is from a hater who is lying obviously.

Kim Jung Un has nothing on Bill Belichick as the perfect human

I did not elaborate . I was talking more about postseason wins. 21 to 31 postseason wins . And another 4 years of mahomes will bring it pretty close and Reid has done it with 2 separate teams which is remarkable .

With regards to rings breaking Bills 6 + 2 rings is going to be a challenge.

The thing about Reid is he can acquire top skill position talent.

He’s doing the same type of thing he did with Brady, not giving him credit or approval to get more out of him.
That's not going to work with a Gen Zer. Mac is a 1st Round entitled QB. Brady was a different breed. He had a chip on his shoulder from the get go. He needed or craved being questioned. People continue to ignore the obvious, Bill's methodology (and that of Patricia / Judge) doesn't work with these younger players. There's a bunch of ex-Patriots that have said how different this younger generation is.

That's not going to work with a Gen Zer. Mac is a 1st Round entitled QB. Brady was a different breed. He had a chip on his shoulder from the get go. He needed or craved being questioned. People continue to ignore the obvious, Bill's methodology (and that of Patricia / Judge) doesn't work with these younger players. There's a bunch of ex-Patriots that have said how different this younger generation is.

I was just taking a stab at explaining what was going on - it was not an endorsement.

That's the part people continue to ignore. Bill was heavily involved with the offense. We saw it throughout TC and in games. It was widely reported. It was Bill that enacted the changes to the offense. It was Bill that switched the tackles. It was Bill that created the QB controversy. Fat Matt is just a scapegoat.

That's the part people continue to ignore. Bill was heavily involved with the offense. We saw it throughout TC and in games. It was widely reported. It was Bill that enacted the changes to the offense. It was Bill that switched the tackles. It was Bill that created the QB controversy. Fat Matt is just a scapegoat.
You say that like FM operated in a vacuum. From my leather easy chair, FM was such a f*ck up that Bill had to take over.

The Sony pick in a vacuum without the benefit of hindsight was fine. But his injury history should have given the Patriots some pause. Including a grade 3(!) torn ACL.

View attachment 49531

He had a Torn ACL (all complete tears are Grade 3) when he was 15. He was 22 when he was drafted by the Pats.. So it was 6+ years of healing.

He had 2 ankle sprains almost 3 years apart.. And a knee sprain. I'd be more worried if he had the ankle sprains months apart and missed multiple games because of it.

If Sony had a torn ACL in college, that would have been a different story.

You say that like FM operated in a vacuum. From my leather easy chair, FM was such a f*ck up that Bill had to take over.
It was offense by committee. We heard it from Mac early on. Bill, FM, JJ were all in Mac's ear from the get go. Bill believed that w/ 3 good coaches: 2 defensive coaches (BB/FM) + 2 ST coaches (BB/JJ) = 1 good OC. What a disaster.

It was offense by committee. We heard it from Mac early on. Bill, FM, JJ were all in Mac's ear from the get go. Bill believed that w/ 3 good coaches: 2 defensive coaches (BB/FM) + 2 ST coaches (BB/JJ) = 1 good OC. What a disaster.
Yes, it was a disaster. This is known. It's beginning to feel like...
CxzRW9s.gif

The fact that I can't get over is how Bill let this happen. How do you essentially do nothing at the offensive coordinator with a second year QB and why was there so much meddling with the things that didn't need to be touched like the tackles? It was a disaster and now we are supposed to just shut up and be happy because he have an OC now. Bill seems to get a free pass from so many on here like "Oh well he tried and it didn't work" like that is supposed to be an excuse. Bill's lack of foresight over the last few years has been downright terrible and any of the other 31 coaches would have been fired for it.

Really? Really? We're still going to do this?
The homers are having a really tough time as of late. Karen Guregian and Andrew Callhan are great writers so they couldn't just write their article off as a couple of "haters" but Breer apparently is somehow a "hater".

The fact that I can't get over is how Bill let this happen. How do you essentially do nothing at the offensive coordinator with a second year QB and why was there so much meddling with the things that didn't need to be touched like the tackles? It was a disaster and now we are supposed to just shut up and be happy because he have an OC now. Bill seems to get a free pass from so many on here like "Oh well he tried and it didn't work" like that is supposed to be an excuse. Bill's lack of foresight over the last few years has been downright terrible and any of the other 31 coaches would have been fired for it.
I don't think a lot of people are giving Bill a free pass. It seems like most everyone says Bill ****ed it up, either by letting Patricia run it or by taking a direct hand in it himself. It's just that not everyone wants to go to the fansite of their team and air their grievances from the past season and beyond as much as some others do. Some people just want to move on to talking about fixing it.

I am not an anti-Mac guy compared to most but Mac isn't made of the same stuff Brady is mentally (almost no one is). Bill drafts a QB in the second round in 2014 and Brady gets pissed off and takes us to 4 more super bowls. Bill yanks Mac for Zappe 30 seconds into a MNF game and Mac goes in the tank and gets pissy. This is like the reverse Dazed and Confused. "The worst thing about young players is Bill keeps getting older and they stay the same age." I don’t think he relates to these Gen Z athletes and it is only going to get worse the further away we get from Super Bowl wins. These college kids now haven't seen us hoisting Lombardi's every other year and Bill's hard ass grumbling approach doesn't have the legs to stand on the way it used to.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back