PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

I can't believe bullying is a real thing in the NFL... Wow. A league full of tough guys right?

Is anyone surprised by this?

Incognito's a scumbag.

I find it ridiculous that Incognito thinks people are dragging his name through the mud. He's done that all on his own with his on field and now alleged off field conduct.

For bullying? Unbelievable

I presume it's pretty bad, given the amounts of pranking, hazing and wisecracking that are generally welcomed or allowed.

There has to be more to this story than some simple rookie hazing. Everyone knows that Incognito is nuts. He had to have done something to make Martin and the rest be scared to say no to him.

Goooooood. Let the suspension flow through you.

Barry Jackson
‏@flasportsbuzz
Fox reports Incognito sent Martin voice mails& texts that are "threatening" and "racially charged."Fox says this is now "alleged hatecrime."

Link

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 27m
From @FOXSportsLive - Jonathan Martin's camp alleges threatening/racially charged messages from Richie Incognito: FOX Sports Live Videos | FOX Sports on MSN

Link

If true, Wow..

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 27m
From @FOXSportsLive - Jonathan Martin's camp alleges threatening/racially charged messages from Richie Incognito: FOX Sports Live Videos | FOX Sports on MSN …

Funny how Jason Whitlock seems to find things "racially charged" almost everywhere in the NFL . . .

except where it actually might be.

I mean, is this guy the living , breathing antithesis of his surname or what?

I obviously don't have all the details to this situation but it certainly was a red flag that Incognito tweeted a borderline threat to Adam Schefter with a hashtag of "bring it." That's not exactly how you defend bullying allegations.

It always cracks me up to hear of how much people from other areas (like where I live in Pittsburgh) "hate" Tom Brady, or think that he's such an "evil" player etc. They somehow act like he is the anti-christ or something, it's so bizarre to me...

I recently read a comment where someone had said, "Manning vs Brady is the ultimate challenge of 'good' vs 'evil.' " That's just an example of how ridiculous people are. Even worse, a high number of people actually agreed with the idiot.

They fail to realize that there are any number of actual douchebags around the NFL that include Incognito, Suh, Cromartie, Vick, Roethlisberger, etc...why any idiot would be dumb enough to include someone like Brady on that list is seriously and honestly beyond me.

It always cracks me up to hear of how much people from other areas (like where I live in Pittsburgh) "hate" Tom Brady, or think that he's such an "evil" player etc. They somehow act like he is the anti-christ or something, it's so bizarre to me...

I recently read a comment where someone had said, "Manning vs Brady is the ultimate challenge of 'good' vs 'evil.' " That's just an example of how ridiculous people are. Even worse, a high number of people actually agreed with the idiot.

They fail to realize that there are any number of actual douchebags around the NFL that include Incognito, Suh, Cromartie, Vick, Roethlisberger, etc...why any idiot would be dumb enough to include someone like Brady on that list is seriously and honestly beyond me.

They're like the kid in this video. I hate you Tom Brady - YouTube

Everyone loves the underdog
Everyone loves a winner
Everyone loves a (short-lived) dynasty

BUT.........

After the first couple of defenses, everyone hates a dynasty and wants to see it fall. They hate the greatness in that dynasty and want to see it crumble. They hate the pride of that dynasty and want to see it humbled.

THEN.......

When the dynasty crumbles and the team hits the skids, the cycle starts all over again.

Everyone loved the Patriots for the first few years, and Manning is forgiven because he's like the Atlanta Braves. He's always in contention, but he doesn't win enough when it matters, so he's not looked at as a threat and problem to overcome.

Race would do it.

Obviously, racial tensions on the worst pro sports team are much milder than in many other parts of society. Still, they're there. I recall some Patriot -- Fauria? -- expressing pleased surprise that there were NO racial separations on the Patriots, by way of contrast to his previous teams, where white guys typically ate with whites and blacks with blacks.

Everyone loves the underdog
Everyone loves a winner
Everyone loves a (short-lived) dynasty

BUT.........

After the first couple of defenses, everyone hates a dynasty and wants to see it fall. They hate the greatness in that dynasty and want to see it crumble. They hate the pride of that dynasty and want to see it humbled.

THEN.......

When the dynasty crumbles and the team hits the skids, the cycle starts all over again.

Everyone loved the Patriots for the first few years, and Manning is forgiven because he's like the Atlanta Braves. He's always in contention, but he doesn't win enough when it matters, so he's not looked at as a threat and problem to overcome.

That's a very astute view of how the hatred of sports dynasties work. It is weird, however, that compared to the Pats, I see very little collective hatred of the Giants or Steelers outside of fans of their respective divisional rivals. But then again, the Giants are a boom or bust team, and Pittsburgh hasn't been quite as consistent as the Pats.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back