PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm fine with our "skill" players on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sony has been crowned as Walter Payton for having a good three game stretch last postseason.

Sony has been crowned as Walter Payton for having a good three game stretch last postseason.

Your trolling would be more effective if it was subtle.

Lots of GREAT talent dropped to us

Calvin Ridley
Lamar Jackson
Nick Chubb
AJ Brown
DK Metcalf

Not to mention a plethora of much better tight ends than the JAGS we have

Instead we drafted players who aren’t that good, or who can’t find the field

Terry Mclaurin

If Blount has anything left I wouldnt mind him coming back at all.

This team is not a power running team like last season. I don't think they have an identity yet. They should after 9-weeks, but don't. Hopefully they figure out what works and what doesn't and don't run those plays where they know the players can't pull it off. Hopefully Harry has some impact. We shall see. Not expecting a SB this season with the offense but you never know.

If Blount has anything left I wouldnt mind him coming back at all.
He's 32 and averaged 2.7 YPA last year. I don't think he's really in the cards.

This team is not a power running team like last season. I don't think they have an identity yet. They should after 9-weeks, but don't. Hopefully they figure out what works and what doesn't and don't run those plays where they know the players can't pull it off. Hopefully Harry has some impact. We shall see. Not expecting a SB this season with the offense but you never know.

Was that your opinion this time last year, like after the Tennessee loss? Or even last week before the Ravens game?

My point is, we seem to rise like a Phoenix from the rubble of what many here see as a disillusioning loss. I see no reason why that won't happen this year.

Was that your opinion this time last year, like after the Tennessee loss? Or even last week before the Ravens game?

My point is, we seem to rise like a Phoenix from the rubble of what many here see as a disillusioning loss. I see no reason why that won't happen this year.

I don't see why people are taking this loss so hard. We weren't going undefeated. So what game did you think they would lose? On the road against a really good team with an unusual offense is a pretty good candidate. Seems like pretty standard stuff to me.

When we judge in a few years, I would think that Michel and Harris were reasonable at their draft spots. There will be many higher than are worse, and some lower that are better (from the same draft choice).

As I look at our WR's. I would note that Belichick secures WR's from many sources, sometimes including the draft. I think that we have done OK with Edelman, with trading for Dorsett and Sanu, and with drafting Harry, and picking up UDFA Meyers.

When we look after a couple of years, we will see who did better with their resources. We used a late 1st for Harry, a late 2nd for Sanu and nothing for Meyers. Some teams will have done better, and some worse.

But a little more success at WR and RB is not much to ask.

Your trolling would be more effective if it was subtle.
It’s not trolling. Sony is getting a pass for a three game stretch. He hasn’t looked good all year.

Obviously, 8-1 at this point is at least as good as most predicted. You are a newbie. Folks here whine that wins are not by enough. The reaction to this loss was minimal, compared to others in the past.

I expect us to lose 2 more and go 13-3, and have the 1st or 2nd seed.

I don't see why people are taking this loss so hard. We weren't going undefeated. So what game did you think they would lose? On the road against a really good team with an unusual offense is a pretty good candidate. Seems like pretty standard stuff to me.

Wow, just wow....one would think we were talking about a 2-6 team.

Our WR's as a group are better than last year by leaps and bounds...even with the losses of Brown, Thomas, and Gordon.

Yeah, the rushing offense isn't up to par YET....I don't think it is a problem of talent. No, we won't be a superior power rushing offense like last year..but we did not morph into that until late into the season. Remember the Chargers playoff game....we all were pleasantly surprised at the time.

Bottom line: Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Meyers, and Harry is hard to defend with your 3rd/4th DB..and we still have James White as well. If we can buy Brady half a second more on drop backs...we will see this offense move up/down the field with more consistency, IMO.

???

I think that it might very well be a problem of talent. Last year, our running backs ran behind

Brown, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon, Gronkowski, Allan, Develin, (with Waddle and Karras as backups).

Yes, we will improve at LT when Wynn comes back. Will Wynn 2019 be better than Brown 2018? Even if he is equal ( a lot to ask), it is difficult to see how our running game will morph into one that is as good as it was in the 2018-2019 playoffs.

The BOTTOM LINE is that our running game is much weaker. As a whole, our offense is weaker. However, our defense is much, much better. Are we as good as last year? Will we be as good as last year for the playoffs. I don't know. . We will likely be favored in every game, and we will likely win our first home game, putting us in the AFC championship game year again.

Yeah, the rushing offense isn't up to par YET....I don't think it is a problem of talent. No, we won't be a superior power rushing offense like last year..but we did not morph into that until late into the season. Remember the Chargers playoff game....we all were pleasantly surprised at the time.

To be fair, I don't think their identity as a power running team really took off until after the Pittsburgh loss in week 15. You're right in that, usually, we know what kind of offense they want to run by the half way point of the season, but that's not always the case. And with as much flux as there's been among the offensive personnel, it shouldn't be surprising that they don't quite know what they want to be yet.

Much depends on the OL, and their strengths and weakness going forward. Having Wynn and Mason at 100% would make a huge difference, especially as Karras continues to improve.

. And with as much flux as there's been among the offensive personnel, it shouldn't be surprising that they don't quite know what they want to be yet.

True. That was an ugly loss. More ugly than this past weeks loss. But they still had the personel last season. Healthy oline, GRONK and a FB. Now they have none of that. So it remains to be seen what develops.

True. That was an ugly loss. More ugly than this past weeks loss. But they still had the personel last season. Healthy oline, GRONK and a FB. Now they have none of that. So it remains to be seen what develops.

True too. But we had that and still got thumped by Tennessee. Coming out of that game who would have guessed that we would have become a power running team.

Coming out of the Baltimore game, my guess is we become a team that puts the ball in #12's hands, and throws it all over the yard, with a running play or 2 mixed in as a change of pace. Whatever works baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down