PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm about 3 players short of a full roster. LFG!!

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Sure appears we are going qb at 1. Trade up and get your guy. First this year and next year. Add a WR at 46 and a T at 96.
Guessing we sign a cheap vet to go with what we have. Not sure who yet.

Defense looks practically set. Our DL is ok. Would always look to upgrade. Could go early in draft there. But, it's not
a great draft on DL. Back 8 is deep and talented

DL - Godchaux, Anderson, Wise, Adams, Cowart and Carl Davis

OLB - Judon, Van Noy, Winovich, Jennings

ILB - Hightower, McMillan, Hall and Uche

CB - Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, Williams and Bryant

S - McCourty, Dugger, Phillips, Mills

ST - Folk, Bailey and Cardona
Slater, Bethel, Brandon King and Cody Davis
I have Bolden with rb's and Gunner with wr's.

QB - Newton, Stidham

RB - Harris, Michel, Taylor, Bolden, ?

WR - Agholar, Bourne, Meyers, Harry, Gunner, Edelman ?

TE - Smith, Henry, Asiasi and Keane

C - Andrew, Karras

G - Owenu, Mason

T - Wynn, Brown, Herron, ?

Other than QB, which is a no kidding, WR and DL are the only positions where I wonder how good we are. I feel we're at least
average there. But, need to be a little better than that.

Last edited:
Sure appears we are going qb at 1. Trade up and get your guy. First this year and next year. Add a WR at 46 and a T at 96.

Defense looks practically set. Our DL is ok. Would always look to upgrade. Could go early in draft there. But, it's not

QB - Newton, Stidham

WR - Agholar, Bourne, Meyers, Harry, Gunner

C - Andrew, Karras

G - Owenu, Mason

Other than QB, which is a no kidding, WR and DL are the only positions where I wonder how good we are. I feel we're at least
1) The defense is set, but Bill might find another upgrade or someone for camp competition.
==========================
2) We aren't going into the season with only IOL's. I expect us to draft a couple of guards.

3) I agree with adding an OT.

4) We also will add a free agent RB.

5) We need a QB or two.

QB - Newton, Stidham

WR - Agholar, Bourne, Meyers, Harry, Gunner

C - Andrew, Karras

G - Owenu, Mason

You forgot Edelman

Honestly if you look that over who is in a role that you think they aren’t good enough for?
Defensively top to bottom is solid as hell. Great starters and string depth. Possibly both the best and deepest D BB has had at least in many years (providing Gilmore and hc aren’t going anywhere)
On offense we totally suck at the most important position but at all other spots we need a RB for depth, some OL for depth and maybe a WR for competition.

Just need to get that QB in the first then fill in a little depth.
2-53 roster that may be as good as any we have had, it’s just that GOAT to slug issue at the top.

Roster seems poised to surrender draft picks to move up for....something/someone.

WR - Edelman, Agholar, Bourne, Meyers, Harry, Gunner

I think there is a serious need for another WR2-3. I say that because of...

- Edelman: may not play in 2021 due to existing injuries, old, dropping to many passes
- Agholar/ Bourne: i got a hunch one of these guys will have a difficult time with the playbook / system...per usual
- Meyers: very good player, if an injury happens here with the above scenario...were f!cked
- Harry / Gunner: WR4 - WR6

Roster seems poised to surrender draft picks to move up for....something/someone.
Yeah, the way this roster is put together, I think the draft will be about "quality" rather than "quantity". How many positions do we have where a rookie will be able to come in and start, not many if any at all. Then we must ask, how many rookies can we expect to come in and even make the team? I think we'll be moving up in the draft for certain players and probably the qb position.

I wouldn't consider Uche an ILB, but we might not need 4 of them anyway considering how many of their duties are increasingly going to edge players and safeties. We could also use more interior OL depth.

Agree.

No way in hell they are using all 9 picks.
  • Round 1, No. 15 overall
  • Round 2, No. 46 overall
  • Round 3, No. 96 overall (compensatory)
  • Round 4, No. 120 overall
  • Round 4, No. 122 overall (via Houston)
  • Round 4, No. 139 overall (compensatory)
  • Round 6, No. 187 overall (via Houston)
  • Round 6, No. 196 overall
  • Round 7, No. 241 overall
Might as well start singing the theme song from the Jeffersons....."Movin' on up....."

If a QB isn't available, Bill needs to take the best front 7 player available. Judon is a nice start, but they still need a young game changer in the front 7. Whether it's rushing the passer or a sideline to sideline guy.

My worst nightmare is a DB with the 15th pick.

Agree.

No way in hell they are using all 9 picks.
  • Round 1, No. 15 overall
  • Round 2, No. 46 overall
  • Round 3, No. 96 overall (compensatory)
  • Round 4, No. 120 overall
  • Round 4, No. 122 overall (via Houston)
  • Round 4, No. 139 overall (compensatory)
  • Round 6, No. 187 overall (via Houston)
  • Round 6, No. 196 overall
  • Round 7, No. 241 overall
Might as well start singing the theme song from the Jeffersons....."Movin' on up....."
You really think they are going to move up? I see Bill trading back at 15 and picking up spot or spots in that 46-96 area.

Knowing Bill, he might just trade out of the 1st round and build up next year's picks, like those years he had two 1st, two 2nd, two 3rd..... All we can really be sure of is that he'll move somewhere and not pick 15th. Cool but frustrating when your watching it, especially when he trades down with good players on the board.

You really think they are going to move up? I see Bill trading back at 15 and picking up spot or spots in that 46-96 area.
I do.

If the rookie QB they like is sitting there at 7 or later they are pouncing. It'll take their 15 this year and maybe a couple more. BB might trade his 1 next year but I doubt it.

They are probably going to be 10-6ish next year and too far back to move that high up.

...or they are sandbagging how they feel about Stidham which I don't think they are.

Unless he restructures his deal I don't think they have the cap space anymore to trade for Jimmy.

Knowing Bill, he might just trade out of the 1st round and build up next year's picks, like those years he had two 1st, two 2nd, two 3rd..... All we can really be sure of is that he'll move somewhere and not pick 15th. Cool but frustrating when your watching it, especially when he trades down with good players on the board.
Nah, he'll be aggressive just like he was in FA. He'll be looking to get a QB early as you can't just roll with Newton.

I do.

If the rookie QB they like is sitting there at 7 or later they are pouncing. It'll take their 15 this year and maybe a couple more. BB might trade his 1 next year but I doubt it.

They are probably going to be 10-6ish next year and too far back to move that high up.

...or they are sandbagging how they feel about Stidham which I don't think they are.

Unless he restructures his deal I don't think they have the cap space anymore to trade for Jimmy.
I don't think Jimmy is the guy. I think if they could get him for (wait for it) value then maybe they would. I don't think Bill wants to pay that level of contract. He passed on paying Brady, and Brady is a schoch better than Garoppolo. I think it's Cam and a rookie.

I wouldn't consider Uche an ILB, but we might not need 4 of them anyway considering how many of their duties are increasingly going to edge players and safeties. We could also use more interior OL depth.
I mentioned this is in another thread that I suggested moving Uche to the ILB would be a brilliant move. He has the speed size and explosiveness to be that sideline to sideline LB that people are talking about when they are looking at picks like Michah Parsons. Uche has great closing speed. THe rub is that he'd have growing pains as he learns to see the game from the middle of the field rather than the edge. Improve his coverage skills as well. But Teddy Bruschi made the same kind of transition and it served the Pats very well for many years. Just an idle thought

1) The defense is set, but Bill might find another upgrade or someone for camp competition.
==========================
2) We aren't going into the season with only IOL's. I expect us to draft a couple of guards.

3) I agree with adding an OT.

4) We also will add a free agent RB.

5) We need a QB or two.
I mentioned this is in another thread that I suggested moving Uche to the ILB would be a brilliant move. He has the speed size and explosiveness to be that sideline to sideline LB that people are talking about when they are looking at picks like Michah Parsons. Uche has great closing speed. THe rub is that he'd have growing pains as he learns to see the game from the middle of the field rather than the edge. Improve his coverage skills as well. But Teddy Bruschi made the same kind of transition and it served the Pats very well for many years. Just an idle thought

If we're able to stop a teams run game and go with a 2-4-5, I'd go with Judon and Van Noy outside.
Hightower and Uche inside. Uche might get the deepest drops of any lb we have if he lines up inside.

Fixed the te and Jules. My bad.

Not sure who BB likes at qb. If he likes Mond, maybe we can move up a little and get Devonta in the first.
Move up a little in 2nd to make sure we get Mond. Nothing earth-shaking.

I don't think Jimmy is the guy. I think if they could get him for (wait for it) value then maybe they would. I don't think Bill wants to pay that level of contract. He passed on paying Brady, and Brady is a schoch better than Garoppolo. I think it's Cam and a rookie.
No way they are paying Jimmy $26m with his injury history. That I am certain of.

I dont think the patriots are done at receiver. Theres still alot of guys out there. might even bring back Byrd. he was solid last year.

Also, supposed to be a deep draft, so maybe will draft someone as well

I dont think the patriots are done at receiver. Theres still alot of guys out there. might even bring back Byrd. he was solid last year.

Also, supposed to be a deep draft, so maybe will draft someone as well
Byrd makes sense. If Juju can only get $8M and Cole gets $5M then Byrd is probably looking at $1M.

I think they are gonna trade up for a rookie QB and then go BPA the rest of the way with what picks remain.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back