PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Starting Free Agency - Filling The Free Agent Holes - A Quick Review

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The following are not under contract for 2023. I think that we need to re-sign or add players at all of these positions.

For me, the focus is always in replacing players at positions vacated by UFA's and RFA's. I don't worry about who we should cut from a 90 man squad, creating further holes. And, no, I don't focus on the $15M-$25 AAV player that we might aacquired in the first week.

That being said, the key re-signs or acquisitions are at OT, WR and CB.

As always, many here will be disappointed that we don't sign, trade for, or draft top talent. I think that the reality is that we have limited resources with which to acquire the players needed (cap money and draft picks). Also, there are very few draft positions that I expect significant rookie contributions. One is certainly OL (1st 4 rounds). Another is 1st and 2nd round DL's.
=====================
WIDE RECEIVER
Meyers, Agholor

RUNNING BACK
Harris, Taylor

OT
Wynn, Cajuste, Cannon

DL
Davis, Ekuale

LB
Wilson, McMillan

CB
Jonathan Jones, Bryant, Williams

S
McCourty, Peppers, Cody

LS
Cardona

The following are not under contract for 2023. I think that we need to re-sign or add players at all of these positions.

For me, the focus is always in replacing players at positions vacated by UFA's and RFA's. I don't worry about who we should cut from a 90 man squad, creating further holes. And, no, I don't focus on the $15M-$25 AAV player that we might aacquired in the first week.

That being said, the key re-signs or acquisitions are at OT, WR and CB.

As always, many here will be disappointed that we don't sign, trade for, or draft top talent. I think that the reality is that we have limited resources with which to acquire the players needed (cap money and draft picks). Also, there are very few draft positions that I expect significant rookie contributions. One is certainly OL (1st 4 rounds). Another is 1st and 2nd round DL's.
=====================
WIDE RECEIVER
Meyers, Agholor

RUNNING BACK
Harris, Taylor

OT
Wynn, Cajuste, Cannon

DL
Davis, Ekuale

LB
Wilson, McMillan

CB
Jonathan Jones, Bryant, Williams

S
McCourty, Peppers, Cody

LS
Cardona
Prefer to keep Meyers, Harris, Ekuale, McMillan, JJ, Peppers, Cody, Cardona. Need to replace if lost--Meyers, JJ, Cardona.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back