PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If OBJ is released by the Browns and is unclaimed, do you want him in NE on the cheap? (Update: Signed by Rams)

Rams implosion in a few years will truly be a sight to behold. Lack of draft picks and salary cap jail.

If anything this signing can add to their draft capital and does not affect cap significantly.

That is the value of mid season reclamation project pick-ups on low half year deals.

On a cursory glance, those two things would seem to contradict each other.
You are right. I was just thinking the same thing, actually.

I guess what I mean is he’s a risky diva, so I don’t want him on the Pats. But at the same time, he’s talented so I’m happy he’s not in the AFC. And IF he can help the Rams, I’m good with that, vs helping the Packers or another team I hate.

rams have zero excuses this year…
In a way I feel for Stafford if he does not get it done. Can’t be more loaded.

They are not getting rid of Kupp and the pats cant afford him.

Why not? Kupp is expendable because they have Beckham now. Makes perfect sense. And Kupp will take the veteran minimum to play for Belichick. I mean Belichick basically made the slot a marquee position. Kupp might finally have a chance to shine if he came to the Patriots.

In a way I feel for Stafford if he does not get it done. Can’t be more loaded.
I’d feel he can’t win the big one - which is what I already believe. It’ll be even tougher now, because O is a whacko.

Reid ran that short passing, run centric offense for years with Alex Smith. All those creative formations using fullbacks, running backs on wheel routes, etc. This is the quarterback unable to adapt.

Well I keep seeing deep routes and deep balls, so there's that.

Respect to the Rams for doing everything they can to get back and winning a Super Bowl. Almost every team plays the “future” card as if the Coach and GM arrogantly assume they will win a Super Bowl. When you are in the LA market, you have to win yesterday.

However, the pressure is on for McVay, Snead, Stafford, Donald and Ramsey to get it done.

I think we might circle back to OBJ in March. Obviously, Bill is interested. Not many options out there for WR1.

Why not? Kupp is expendable because they have Beckham now. Makes perfect sense. And Kupp will take the veteran minimum to play for Belichick. I mean Belichick basically made the slot a marquee position. Kupp might finally have a chance to shine if he came to the Patriots.

LOL, Kupp is way better than Beckham. Kupp is on pace for 2000 yards and 20 TDs, which likely won't happen, but he is among the top WRs in the league.

He leads the NFL in receiving yards.

LOL, Kupp is way better than Beckham. Kupp is on pace for 2000 yards and 20 TDs, which likely won't happen, but he is among the top WRs in the league.

If he was on the Patriots, he would easily be on track for 4,000 yards and 40 TDs. But that is why the Rams are likely to cut him now that they have OBJ.

Have you looked at Kupps stats this year,? He is on a historic pace. He's not going anywhere IMO.

If he was on the Patriots, he would easily be on track for 4,000 yards and 40 TDs. But that is why the Rams are likely to cut him now that they have OBJ.
What?!! I hope you’re joking cause this is ridiculous

Have you looked at Kupps stats this year,? He is on a historic pace. He's not going anywhere IMO.

Yeah, I am shocked the Rams didn't cut him already. He is holding the team back. If he was on the Pats, he might actually meet his true potential. But he is underachieving with the Rams. It is time to cut him loose.

It would be crazy if McVay won a Super Bowl this year as he was not a popular hire for the Rams. Local media pretty much laughed at him.

Wow. Rams will host the Super Bowl at home this season!

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back