PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady played in a different era...

Younger Brady survived the big hits. Older Brady learned to avoid most of the big hits. So it's really the "middle aged" Brady that would have been more likely to be in trouble, and 2008 seemed to pretty much cure him of that.

Younger Brady survived the big hits. Older Brady learned to avoid most of the big hits. So it's really the "middle aged" Brady that would have been more likely to be in trouble, and 2008 seemed to pretty much cure him of that.
I think Brady's toughness was very underrated. A lot of QB's who play in the same era as Brady have a lot of injuries and a lot of them did not play through injuries that Brady has. The idea of picking up a player as they are and placing them in 1960 just doesnt work. Brady would be a freak of nature back then if that happened, same if you took a QB in 1970 and placed him today and he saw a 270 pound linebacker that can run a 4.6 coming at him he would piss down his leg. Its all releative.

I agree with an earlier poster, I think he wins 3 super bowls. I don't think Brady would have played as long as he has, no way. No question he is tough but how many times during earlier eras was a QB leveled well after the pass was thrown? Those hits add up and take a toll.

Here is a compilation of some of Brady's hits. The first two are massive by Buffalo and Oakland. The one by Oakland is very similar to the one Montana took vs the Giants. This video does not have the ones from the Atlanta SB but he took bone crushing hits in that SB all game and of course the Denver AFCCG in 2015.

God these hurt so much more now that I'm in my late 50s not my late 30s

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back