PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady leaves I hope we sign Rivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
h26gbcOg8N-2.png

I’ve unfortunately watched too many Rivers games living in LA and I’ve said more than enough on how he’s been trash throughout his career.

I’ll sum it for everybody. Chargers offense starts off slow until they start losing. During this time, you’ll see Rivers freaking out at the LOS kicking and stomping his feet trying to get the C to snap the ball because Rivers is not paying attention to the game clock as it’s running down. He’s always good for a couple angry spikes after after a penalty is called for delay of game or they take a time out. Once the game is getting out of hand, that’s when Rivers goes in garbage time mode and pads his stats. Chargers are somehow within reach now, but Rivers fools fans thinking they have a chance and throws the game sealing INT/incomplete pass. He usually yells at someone for his mistakes. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Pipe dream
But why not shoot for the stars
I’d much rather cough up a first if Luck was like I’ll only play for the Pats.
That could force a trade

I'd like to see it and watch Indy explode.

I’ve have unfortunately watched too many Rivers games living in LA and I’ve said more than enough on how he’s been trash throughout his career.

I’ll sum it for everybody. Chargers offense starts off slow until they start losing. During this time, you’ll see Rivers freaking out at the LOS kicking and stomping his feet trying to get the C to snap the ball because Rivers is not paying attention to the game clock as it’s running down. He’s always good for for a couple angry spikes after after a penalty is called for delay of game or they take a time out. Once the game is getting out of hand, that’s when Rivers goes in garbage time mode and pads his stats. Chargers are somehow within reach, but Rivers fools fans thinking they have a chance and throws the game sealing INT. He usually yells at someone for his mistakes. Rinse and repeat.

This is the Philip Rivers experience to a T.

For whatever reason, his laughably bad play is always attributed to “the Chargers” like there’s some supernatural force causing him to suck. The guy is a classic loser like Shooter McGavin going for a gold jacket. It was hilarious last year when he passive aggressively suggested to the media that you could flip him and Brady and he would win all the head to head games. That was in reference to being like 0-8 vs Brady and was quickly followed by another amateur hour playoff performance where he showed once again how much Charger suckage is the direct result of his suckage.

Last edited:
This is the Philip Rivers experience to a T.

For whatever reason, his laughably bad play is always attributed to “the Chargers” like there is some supernatural force causing him to suck. The guy is a classic loser like Shooter McGavin going for a gold jacket. It was hilarious last year when he passive aggressively suggested to the media that you could flip him and Brady and he would win all the head to head games. That was in reference to being like 0-8 vs Brady and was quickly followed by another amateur hour playoff performance where he showed once again how much Charger suckage is the direct result of his suckage.
Exactly. Rivers is more comfortable in a losing situation so the come back takes the blame off of him as the media has blindly done. Some players like him that have a losers mentality do not like having the pressure of keeping any lead.

Definitely

People hating on Rivers saying he's got a bad attitude - you guys gotta understand how insufferable we'd all find Julian Edelman if he wore green and white, right?
But Edelman doesn't wear green and white and never would wear green and white. No one with his strength of character ever does. It's a case of mutual exclusion -- suckage abhors competence and dedication.

To me its Brady or we go with Stidham/Rookie QB

If we go FA for QB, I wouldn't mind Teddy Bridgewater but someone will pay him $20m+

Are any of Rivers children tall enough to be in that 5’5 range yet?

They’ll fit right in with our WR group.

A team-friendly Rivers contract, to me, is 10-15m tops. If he's serious about wanting to play for a contender he's going to take a little as possible while saving face.

If he wants north of that it's a pass from me, dog. In fact in a scenario where Brady is gone and Rivers wants more than that I'd rather trade out of the first round this year, and put ourselves into a better position for 2 years down the road and see what we've got with Studarm in 2020.
i think we're getting ahead of ourselves by speculating on Brady's departure and by assuming that BB et al can use the Draft and Free Agency to make the Patriots a "contender."

However, at the end of the day, I don't think Brady is going anywhere and, for the rest, "in BB I trust.

He’s...never missed a game. #confused

I would be on the side of tearing it down if Brady goes rather than sign someone like Rivers. That said, there was a lot of complaining about how non-emotive Tom was last season, so this would be different. Vet minimum deal and I’m in.

Do you really think he will go for a Veteran Deal??

I misrepresented his Injury History and agree he has remained injury free... but still do not care for bringing in a 39 year old AB to Foxboro..

I hope Brady leaves. I don't want Rivers

Just saw odds that list Rivers as even money (+100) to go to Tampa Bay, with Indy next in line. I believe NE was +1600.

I may be alone in being a fan of Rivers. I certainly prefer the GOAT to Rivers but Rivers wouldn't be a bad consolation prize at the right price.
Watching Rivers play for the Pats would be like listing to this all day long.

AnxiousMammothFlatcoatretriever-max-1mb.gif

But Edelman doesn't wear green and white and never would wear green and white. No one with his strength of character ever does. It's a case of mutual exclusion -- suckage abhors competence and dedication.

There's a Wiki page (and perhaps an anthropology course) to be created from your posts on this subject over the years: The Laws of Nature as Related to the New York Jets.

The above being one of them:

#46: No individual with strength of character can be a member of the New York Jets, and no New York Jet can have, or develop, strength of character.

He's going to Tampa imo... 2nd choice is Miami

Yeah, this just makes too much sense. Rivers being who he is, he may be angling for 3-4 years as a backup QB (best job in sports) for any Florida team that will have him and that has a developing young starter, making a cool $6-8M a year, in an income tax free state, hanging out with family and fading into the sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down