PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wanted Lamar Jackson but I'm happy with Sony Michel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your telling me he’s accurate and can read a defense? If it’s always completion percentage. I’m not disputing it, in his case I just don’t care for it even though it actually supports my side, why is it low. 59 percent? That’s garbage
Hes very accurate at times, improved each year and just turned 21. Hes never gona be Brady or Rodgers but yes hes very accurate at times. If his Wr's hadn't dropped a few passes he absolutely would have been 60+% cmp%

If you don't think he can read a defense your literally showing how little you know and I say that w respect. He ran a tougher offense than any top QB picked in the draft. Set records each year in it. Mastered Petrinos system but you don't think he can read a defense?

Was Geno Smith Accurate? Tebow?

If NFL GMs were sure that Jackson can do what you say he can do, he'd have been the unquestioned #1 overall pick.
An NFL GM just traded up for Josh Allen so I honestly don't think some of these guys are any better than the best amateurs out there.

I get what your saying but Polian wanted Manziel top 5 a few years ago. So did Gruden. Plenty of examples to show these guys aren't as great as most think.

Why would you use those players as comps?
Bc many people said those players were accurate coming out that to anyone paying attention were anything but accurate and proving that cmp% isn't always an indicator of success.

An NFL GM just traded up for Josh Allen so I honestly don't think some of these guys are any better than the best amateurs out there.

I get what your saying but Polian wanted Manziel top 5 a few years ago. So did Gruden. Plenty of examples to show these guys aren't as great as most think.

You don't have to convince me of the general level of mediocrity found in NFL front offices. But there aren't 32 incompetent front offices, and this kid fell all the way to the bottom of round one, despite his high profile and gaudy numbers. Any number of competent front offices would have swallowed him up if he is the player you claim.

We worked him out twice and passed on him twice, that should tell you all you need to know.

I do believe we had interest in Lamar, but they probably looked at their picks, and decided which one they would take him with, IF he was still there. No trade ups, no reach, if he’s there he’s there kind of thing. He’s a project and Bill wasn’t taking a project in the 1st round, simple as that.

Bc many people said those players were accurate coming out that to anyone paying attention were anything but accurate and proving that cmp% isn't always an indicator of success.

So you're citing to a myth (go read our threads on those players) to prove a nothing?

Why? Everyone knows that no one stat is definitive. But the kid's got accuracy problems, and there's no sense denying that.

Hes very accurate at times, improved each year and just turned 21. Hes never gona be Brady or Rodgers but yes hes very accurate at times. If his Wr's hadn't dropped a few passes he absolutely would have been 60+% cmp%

If you don't think he can read a defense your literally showing how little you know and I say that w respect. He ran a tougher offense than any top QB picked in the draft. Set records each year in it. Mastered Petrinos system but you don't think he can read a defense?

Was Geno Smith Accurate? Tebow?
God no, those guys aren’t accurate.

Accurate at times isn’t going to cut it in the nfl.

As for not being able to read a defense. I guess that depends on exactly you think that means. Do you think cam newton can read a defense?

You don't have to convince me of the general level of mediocrity found in NFL front offices. But there aren't 32 incompetent front offices, and this kid fell all the way to the bottom of round one, despite his high profile and gaudy numbers. Any number of competent front offices would have swallowed him up if he is the player you claim.
Ok...? No question here just your opinion man. You could say the same about Wilson and a number of different QBs that fell.

So you're citing to a myth (go read our threads on those players) to prove a nothing?

Why? Everyone knows that no one stat is definitive. But the kid's got accuracy problems, and there's no sense denying that.
No idea what thread youre talking about. Yes he has accuracy problems at times but most are making waayy too big deal of it. Hes a very young player that in context would have thrown over 60% if his WR weren't garbage. That's not an excuse.

God no, those guys aren’t accurate.

Accurate at times isn’t going to cut it in the nfl.

As for not being able to read a defense. I guess that depends on exactly you think that means. Do you think cam newton can read a defense?
Bro if you don't think Cam Newton can read a defense you have no idea what your talking about. None.

I think a bad completion percentage is more indicative than a high one. A bad completion percentage in college is very very concerning.

Ok...? No question here just your opinion man. You could say the same about Wilson and a number of different QBs that fell.

Players fall for a host of reasons. Tom Brady fell to pick 199. That was a miss by the NFL front offices. Other players also fall, but turn out to suck and be worthy of that fall. That's not anything really worth bringing up.

No idea what thread youre talking about. Yes he has accuracy problems at times but most are making waayy too big deal of it. Hes a very young player that in context would have thrown over 60% if his WR weren't garbage. That's not an excuse.

What's the logic behind you trying to deny his inaccuracy?

Hell, here's FO trying to get stupid with their snark level in his defense by tossing in the needless and irrelevant race lines, and even they acknowledge the accuracy issue

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Futures: Lamar Jackson

Last edited:
Before this off season I would have agreed but not anymore. It's quite clear that Brady himself and with the organization is at a year to year basis now. Furthermore Brady isn't the only aging QB that needs to be replaced. The whole 2004 class, Brees definitely need an heir too not to mention that I think Bortles, Keenum and Tannehill will get atleast some competition, if not replaced.

So we definitely need a QB this year. Every year to learn behind Brady is invaluable and increases the next QBs chances to succeed tremendously

This year is different. 5 QB in the first round. We can find better value next yr.

Bro if you don't think Cam Newton can read a defense you have no idea what your talking about. None.

If you think cam newton gets through his reads efficiently your wrong. That’s why he struggles. He’s late. He doesn’t do it at a high enough level

If you think cam newton gets through his reads efficiently your wrong. That’s why he struggles. He’s late. He doesn’t do it at a high enough level
Hes an MVP caliber QB that has been to a SB, beat us twice and done so with a less than great cast around him.
Honestly if you were sitting down w/ Cam Newton would you actually try an tell him he cant read a defense lol?

Players fall for a host of reasons. Tom Brady fell to pick 199. That was a miss by the NFL front offices. Other players also fall, but turn out to suck and be worthy of that fall. That's not anything really worth bringing up.

What's the logic behind you trying to deny his inaccuracy?

Hell, here's FO trying to get stupid with their snark level in his defense by tossing in the needless and irrelevant race lines, and even they acknowledge the accuracy issue

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Futures: Lamar Jackson

I really think you arguing with yourself here. Im saying hes simply not as bad as people who don't think he can read a defense or should be a WR is. Yes he struggles but he has been very accurate for consistent stretches running a harder system than the #1 overall pick and is younger enough to where he can improve.

Hes an MVP caliber QB that has been to a SB, beat us twice and done so with a less than great cast around him.
Honestly if you were sitting down w/ Cam Newton would you actually try an tell him he cant read a defense lol?

I’d tell him he’s late (this is a result of not being able to get through his reads/progressions fast enough) and innacurate because that’s what he is.

Seriously, watch newton. It’s so blantantly obvious he’s constantly late

Jackson is a guy you take if you have a great team, but no QB. If he's a success, it's for a few years before he's pounded into the ground.

That's why Watson was good. That team was pretty good...with a good QB who could make any kind of plays. But you already see what will be a problem. Guys who make running plays just don't last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back