PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wanted Lamar Jackson but I'm happy with Sony Michel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson went to Louisville, had a similar score to Kelly who went to Miami, are you really this slow?

Wonder what your wonderlic score is? ;)

No I just can not believe what you are saying.
1) of my 3 points on jackson, you went to my least important one
2) you then, compared Jim Kelly's wonderlic to Fitz's, which is completely ridiculous given the fact that one was a fringe prospect and the other was a first round draft choice.
3) What was this point meant to prove, that wonderlics are not indicative of success and failures? Thats not exactly rocket science
4) His wonderlic is extremely low for a quarterback, but if he doesn't make it, it probably will not be because of that

I agree, that is why they spent so much time with him. I am just disputing how predictive the wonderlic is to predicting whether a player has a high football IQ.

No one is using the wonderlic to predict anything

No I just can not believe what you are saying.
1) of my 3 points on jackson, you went to my least important one
2) you then, compared Jim Kelly's wonderlic to Fitz's, which is completely ridiculous given the fact that one was a fringe prospect and the other was a first round draft choice.
3) What was this point meant to prove, that wonderlics are not indicative of success and failures? Thats not exactly rocket science
4) His wonderlic is extremely low for a quarterback, but if he doesn't make it, it probably will not be because of that
Somebody wrote a recent article that McNabb is the only recent QB to succeed with a poor wonderlic score.

I agree, that is why they spent so much time with him. I am just disputing how predictive the wonderlic is to predicting whether a player has a high football IQ.
I agree with you. I think the success or failure depends more on the system they're in.. Look a tthe QBs drafted last night.. The guy who sits and learns for a year ( ala the old days) may have more success long term than the guy who starts day 1. There have been success from guys starting right away ( Aikman and Peyton- despite their rookie year troubles) but the same can be said for guys who sat like Brady and Rodgers.....
Plenty of guys had success despite low Wonderlic and vice versa.... In addition, like any standardized test, you can prep and I'm sure the good agents got their clients old exams to study from. Jackson had his mother as a agent so I'm thinking he was less likely to have been as prepped...since this likely was her first time dealing with it...

You claimed Jackson was dumb based on the wonderlic score, I called bs on your claim.

His Wonderlic does, indeed, indicate that he's dumb. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to pick up an NFL playbook, though. Hell, he ran one of the more complicated offenses in college football.

His Wonderlic does, indeed, indicate that he's dumb. That doesn't mean that he wouldn't be able to pick up an NFL playbook, though. Hell, he ran one of the more complicated offenses in college football.

There is a big difference between dumb and uneducated. Think about it.

There is a big difference between dumb and uneducated. Think about it.

Okay. Jackson is still dumb. Either that or he was lazy and just decided to Christmas Tree arguably the most important standardized test of his adult life. Neither scenario speaks about him in glowing terms.

@OP

Can you please change the thread title to -
I wanted Lamar Jackson to be happy with Sony Michel
- since Im always reading it this way..?

You're making a ridiculous excuse for him ("Yes he struggles but he has been very accurate for consistent stretches" is borderline nonsensical when you're talking about quarterbacks). Also, Mayock loves the kid, but even he acknowledged his issues with reading defenses beyond the first read, with accuracy, and with his too-frequent missing of the location of defenders when throwing.
Not really Deus. I never once claimed he didn't have accuracy issues. Im simply trying to say hes not nearly as bas as most are making him out to be. He's a very young player that can absolutely improve. Its def in the "concern" part of his report.

Again though most are ignoring context. Age, he's extremely young & ran a pro style offense very successfully. His weapons were garbage, including his OL. And hes improved each year and can absolutely continue to do so.

I love Mike, he does a great job but just bc Mayock says something doesn't make it true. There are plenty of clips, games on y/t to watch disproving the "he can't read defenses" narrative. Its false. I've posted more than a ton of clips in my threads showing Jackson moving his head like a clock scanning the field, going through his reads.

Not really Deus. I never once claimed he didn't have accuracy issues. Im simply trying to say hes not nearly as bas as most are making him out to be. He's a very young player that can absolutely improve. Its def in the "concern" part of his report.

Again though most are ignoring context. Age, he's extremely young & ran a pro style offense very successfully. His weapons were garbage, including his OL. And hes improved each year and can absolutely continue to do so.

I love Mike, he does a great job but just bc Mayock says something doesn't make it true. There are plenty of clips, games on y/t to watch disproving the "he can't read defenses" narrative. Its false. I've posted more than a ton of clips in my threads showing Jackson moving his head like a clock scanning the field, going through his reads.

One thing, obviously not the only thing, Jackson has going for him is “todays NFL” If you know what I mean.

Its been said a lot of times by a lot of people, a team will have to change their system for him and that’s not neccessarily a bad thing, but I don’t think he fits the traditional style, which I dislike a lot. I also think he’s too thing

NFL is a different animal than college, you know this... I have a lot of respect for your evaluations and your opinions, I love reading your stuff. But for you to tell me I’m showing I know very little because I think Jackson won’t be able to read a defense/get through progressions quickly enough at the NFL level is ridiculous. He has a lot of improvements to make , and he’s shown he has arm talent. To me he’s a huge project, And I think he will struggle against NFL defenses, but I do hope he succeeds

One thing, obviously not the only thing, Jackson has going for him is “todays NFL” If you know what I mean.

Its been said a lot of times by a lot of people, a team will have to change their system for him and that’s not neccessarily a bad thing, but I don’t think he fits the traditional style, which I dislike a lot. I also think he’s too thing

NFL is a different animal than college, you know this... I have a lot of respect for your evaluations and your opinions, I love reading your stuff. But for you to tell me I’m showing I know very little because I think Jackson won’t be able to read a defense/get through progressions quickly enough at the NFL level is ridiculous. He has a lot of improvements to make , and he’s shown he has arm talent. To me he’s a huge project, And I think he will struggle against NFL defenses, but I do hope he succeeds

I think 25% of his yards came on designed runs. Meaning he's using his head & arm to beat teams the majority of the time. The fact that "a lot" of people have said a team will have to change their system honestly doesn't mean much to me & they sound very uneducated.

How can a player that ran OUR system not be a fit? Do you understand how foolish that sounds? Again this from people who haven't watched 10 min's of Jackson before April. LOL Polian & Kiper, two big shots kept touting Allen suffered from drops when FACTS proved them wrong. Matt Miller, a very well known scout had no clue about Jacksons abilities until a month before the draft. So again w/ all due respect I don't care what others think. I'll put my track record up against anyone's and if Im wrong on Jackson its only 1 player.

I'm not giving an "opinion" here are facts & visual clips that disprove he's a run first QB that can't win w/ his arm or read a defense.

Why are you continuing to beat this drum? Unless, of course, you're transferring fanship to the Ravens ...
I don't like lazy analysis? Prefer facts & educated opinions regardless of if I agree of not. The Jackson "can't read a defense" or issa 'run first QB' is nonsense. Tried to dead it last night but I'm done now.

This entire thread is a complete waste. The guy the Pat's actually picked isn't even discussed.

So who is Sony Michel?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back