PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Hypothetical] TB Defamation Suit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a couple more days of reflection, I've pretty much come to a conclusion that Brady's best bet at this point is to just keep playing dominant football. The more success he will have on the field, the further he will put this behind him.

I'd have to think another ring or two would do wonders for him in this case.

He's not going to do this for reasons that I and others have repeated ad nauseam out here.

But, it's a free Board in a free Country, so have it if you wish. I'll just stay away from this or related threads and leave those who want to spend time pursuing this fantasy to do so.

I'm far more concerned as to what the Pats' record will be when Brady steps onto the field in Cleveland. That, I'm happy to talk about.

Tom won't but I think there's an excellent chance the Dorito dinks will.

Everyone would love a defamation suit but it's not going to happen, Brady isn't going to spend the rest of his career in court. We will just have to settle for him going over 200 regular season wins, 30 plus playoff wins, 6 Lombardi trophy's, and absolutely no doubt about who the greatest player in NFL history outs.

Sucks to be us.

He's not going to do this for reasons that I and others have repeated ad nauseam out here.

But, it's a free Board in a free Country, so have it if you wish. I'll just stay away from this or related threads and leave those who want to spend time pursuing this fantasy to do so.

I'm far more concerned as to what the Pats' record will be when Brady steps onto the field in Cleveland. That, I'm happy to talk about.

Same goes for the Brady's too old stuff, there is nothing to suggest he is declining but many will say that he is simply because of age, when in truth it will show on the field before it's ever a reality. I honestly think he can go past 45 If he wants to. Only a serious injury will derail him.

When Brady is standing at the podium hoisting trophy #5, TB12 needs to toss Fraudger out of the club Gronk style and tell the league to go eff themselves ....then punch Nance in the face.
Other than that............yeah.....sue the NFL criminal enterprise as well. Clear the Brady name, recover legal costs, and donate any profits to the Brazilian Booty Preservation Society.

I think the NFLPA should file a defamation suit on behalf of Brady and others for purposely leaking information to the media to get their support before a suspension

Until he actually does it, I'm done speculating about it. It'll just get our hopes up.

As a member of the union, Brady has the CBA standing in his way when it comes to suing Goodell and/or the league. That why I think if anything, the Dorito dinks should be the ones to proceed. They are not public figures and they are not burdened by the CBA.

You realize in a defamation suit discovery swings both ways right? Tom came out of this fairly clean to everyone who is not a mouth breathing hater. Why would he want to open up all his private conversations to discovery? He doesn't and he won't, so this will never, ever happen.
troll.png

I don't give a **** whether everyone is tired of this entire affair or not. Of COURSE we are tired of it. We all are. But the FACT remains. Tom Brady, the Patriots, AND its fan base, WERE all clearly defamed, by a systematic series of lies, misinformation and well timed leaks. The fact that the NFL's corrupt and toxic leadership managed to win and get its pound of flesh because of the stacked deck it had in its favor; DOESN'T change that ultimate truth.

Unfortunately, the only real outlet to get the TRUTH finally told is some kind of defamation suit. There is a need to get Goodell, Pash, and all the other players in this black event under oath in depositions. We need to see those emails, and THEIR phone details on the record. If it is true that Wells has destroyed all his records from the "deflategate" investigation, it is a damning indictment of the entire affair. If not, I want to see his records and how he came to his conclusion DESPITE all the evidence that was there (and well hidden in foot notes).

I don't care if this comes from McNally or Jastremski, or through Brady,. I'd prefer Brady because his damage ist more real and the results against the league would be more harmful....and I am all for harming the NFL right now. If he announced that all the damages would be given to charities, he could fund Best Buddies, and some other of his favorite charities for a century with the kind of money those cowards at 354 Park Ave would have to pay,allong with the owners that allowed it to happen, INCLUDING Bob Kraft.

So in the "end", I can recognize and even understand (to a degree), how some fans just want it to be over. But if "spygate" taught us anything is that it is NEVER over. The truth of that event has been distorted by our haters for a decade now.....and in that case we were actually guilty of placing the camera in the wrong place. In this case the team, players, and employees, did NOTHING wrong, and all were punished by a league that has simply grown tired of their consistent success.

Brady may ultimately decide that the invasion into his privacy isn't worth the effort it would take. I wouldn't be surprised if his previous experiences with the US court system hasn't soured him on his chances of getting justice, since it failed him so badly thus far. But speaking as just one fan, who is tired of hearing from haters that the appeals court decision PROVES Brady was guilty, I sincerely hope that Tom is strong enough to not just :let it go". If he does, the day he finally gets to the HOF, there will be those who will want to put an asterisk on his plaque.

sorry somehow it duplicated

Last edited:
sorry I seemed to have reposted this. Could the mod just eliminate my last 2 posts

Last edited:
sorry I seemed to have reposted this. Could the mod just eliminate my last 2 posts
It was so good, it deserved to be posted twice.

PSI data alone proves the required "malice".

I'm torn, because I hate most libel/defamation actions ... but this time it's different.

If Brady files a defamation suit, the initial reporting will likely say:
  1. Brady filed suit.
  2. Ya know -- he was defamed, or at least convicted unfairly. At least, that's how it appears based on everything the scientific and legal experts say.
  3. His chances of actually winning this suit are dicey. So why exactly is he bothering? Will he win? What will the process be? Blah blah blah.
#2 is a powerful reason to file, notwithstanding that a number of the reasons cited for not filing are also good.

Except the texts from the relevant time period (Nov. 2014-March 2015). Subpoenas would issue to all those he texted, depositions would be taken, there would be potential for all sorts of things to come out.

Find a lawyer for the right answer, but I just have a hard time believing that being a defendant in a defamation suit gives you the right to go through your opponents underwear drawers and private dirty photo albums (and their electronic equivalents) willy-nilly.

I would believe that a court appointed disinterested third party may be given access and the defendant would have to provide a keyword list or some such.

But I don't believe the NYJFL would get the right to go ransack TB's mansion like it appears some posters here would want you to believe.

After a couple more days of reflection, I've pretty much come to a conclusion that Brady's best bet at this point is to just keep playing dominant football. The more success he will have on the field, the further he will put this behind him.

I'd have to think another ring or two would do wonders for him in this case.
And I certainly believe another ring or two is doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes