PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe I'm paranoid re Brady and concussions but I wonder what the league will do

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I posted this in the prediction thread as well.

Anyone else think the concussion spotters have been ordered by the league to have very loose standards with Brady when it comes to removing him from a game - and in fact he likely will be getting pulled from one or more games this year by concussion protocol? Whether it's legit or not? Gisele's comments have allowed the league to put a target on him IMO.

I can see this happening in a critical moment in a game and we know now the league is dishonest about a lot of things and the fact that there are few owners will stop at nothing to see the Patriots get theirs.

Hopefully I'm wrong... if not - I hope JG is sharp and ready to go.

People said this two years ago and it never happened.

They're not going to do anything to the team since nothing can be proven - but rigging the concussion protocol this way could be a back-door way to appease the anti Patriot-ers in this league and punish those gosh durn cheatriots for maybe possibly somewhat being generally kind of aware that Brady might have played with what could be concussions.

Like I said the league is dishonest about a lot of things and also has their "favorites", and we've sure seen that come to light in the last couple of years.

Perhaps, but I doubt the league wants to open that can of worms... they're dumb, but I don't think they're that dumb...

19d703df446b37acc5825a54f6c5615f--paper-hats-hebrew-bible.jpg

Is it? I don't know. All I know is Gisele's comments now label Tom as a guy with suspected concussion history whether true or not... and now can justify the league pulling Brady from a game regardless of whether it's legit or not...and put a happy face on it saying how much they care about Tom's and all their players health (which is a crock anyway). So no-one is the wiser.

Hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me at all knowing what we know now about how Goodell and this league operates and the absolute loathing that a lot of people who matter have toward this team and its success over the years.

Punishing players for not self-diagnosing and reporting their own injuries, with their own physician? Good luck with that.

Is it? I don't know. All I know is Gisele's comments now label Tom as a guy with suspected concussion history whether true or not... and now can justify the league pulling Brady from a game regardless of whether it's legit or not...and put a happy face on it saying how much they care about Tom's and all their players health (which is a crock anyway). So no-one is the wiser.

Hope I'm wrong but it wouldn't surprise me at all knowing what we know now about how Goodell and this league operates and the absolute loathing that a lot of people who matter have toward this team and its success over the years.

I'd be surprised to NOT see Tom miss at least some plays, if not an entire game, because of the concussion protocol. He'll do his normal thing on the sideline, sitting next to Josh, Jules, etc... and they'll come and say "time for some tests - Ndamukong Suh landed a blow on your helmet last series."

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
So... the fix will be in?

Ratings were down in weeks 1-4 last year without the GOAT. Why remove the cash cow over a simple thing like head trauma?

I really think it's OK to be paranoid about Korea.

Brady and concussions....not so much.

So... the fix will be in?

I don't think you have to go quite that far for this turn of events to wind up costing Brady playing time.

Implicit in Giselle's comments, given that the concussion protocol wasn't used and the injury report never mentioned it, was that "it was undetected when it occurred and thereafter not reported." The latter part is where the tinfoil hats pop up (i.e., NFL will string up the Patriots for keeping a known head injury secret) - I'm not there.

The former part of what Giselle's comments implied was the lack of detection. I think it's very plausible that those responsible for on-field detection of head injuries are likely to over-correct and put Brady into concussion protocols he wouldn't have been in last year when he was under less concussion-specific scrutiny.

Literally the last thing in the world the NFL wants is to do is take their star players off the field due to concussions. It's bad for ratings and they want the issue to be buried as deep as it can.

I don't think you have to go quite that far for this turn of events to wind up costing Brady playing time.

Implicit in Giselle's comments, given that the concussion protocol wasn't used and the injury report never mentioned it, was that "it was undetected when it occurred and thereafter not reported." The latter part is where the tinfoil hats pop up (i.e., NFL will string up the Patriots for keeping a known head injury secret) - I'm not there.

The former part of what Giselle's comments implied was the lack of detection. I think it's very plausible that those responsible for on-field detection of head injuries are likely to over-correct and put Brady into concussion protocols he wouldn't have been in last year when he was under less concussion-specific scrutiny.

Why would the NFL want one of its biggest and most marketable players off the field for any stretch of time after Deflategate?

EDIT: Vector beat me to it.

Why would the NFL want one of its biggest and most marketable players off the field for any stretch of time after Deflategate?

EDIT: Vector beat me to it.

Why did the NFL want one of its biggest and most marketable players off the field *before* Deflategate?

The answer to that question is the same as the answer to yours.

If the NFL has any brains or common sense (which is certainly a lingering question) it'll leave TB12 alone....

I suspect only if its beyond a shadow of a doubt that Tom takes a head shot and hes down for a bit will the spotters follow their procedures.

Maybe it would be best if Gisele, you know, stopped talking.

This would be different from removing Brady due to deflategate, because it has implications related to potential legal action against the league. Sticking it to the Pats by suspending Brady for cheating really only hurts the Pats. Sticking it to the Pats by pulling Brady off for concussions just brings more attention to the ugliness they want to hide.

Why did the NFL want one of its biggest and most marketable players off the field *before* Deflategate?

The answer to that question is the same as the answer to yours.

You think that, after how badly that turned out for them, they're going to yank one of their biggest stars from a game for B.S. reasons? Weren't the games supposed to be fixed in 2016 too because the league just hates Brady so badly? That was the big tinfoil hat talking point before that season kicked off. Can anyone remind me of the end result of the 2016 season for the Patriots again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back