PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hoyer Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benching Butler
Allowing 5 9 Ellis Hobbs on a island against 6 6 Plaxico
Not paying TY Law market value.
Drafting Laurence Maroney and Chad Jackson in a draft loaded with defensive stars.
Drafting Jeremy Mincey over Carlos Dunlap.
I mean he has made mistakes.

Fire BB immediately. We need a guy like Sean McDermott running the show! Nine SB appearances in 18 years is absolute trash.

I must say that I am a little bit surprised.
Bill and his staff must like what they see from Stidham.
Perhaps it is time for Hoyer to join Bill's staff.

Let’s see what happened when all is said and done.
He may have been cut to hold a spot for a guy like Andrews( or someone else) to go on Ir after making the 53 so he can return.
Or just to sort out the OL situation with all the new guys, keeping more temporarily.
He could be back in 2-3 days or 2-3 weeks.
Nothing lost if they have a handshake deal.

At this point we have like 4 supposed handshake deals. Thomas, Hoyer, etc. Let’s get real. Not every surprise cut is a handshake deal.

At this point we have like 4 supposed handshake deals. Thomas, Hoyer, etc. Let’s get real. Not every surprise cut is a handshake deal.
Thomas + Hoyer = 2

To me this shows confidence in assessment of Brady’s conditioning. Brady must have showed no deterioration whatsoever in camp from last year. I’d say this is good news.

Side Note
Is this Hoyer Crow thread bc some people really need a seat at the table.
Indeed.

It turns out Hoyer was less valuable than the 53rd guy on the roster.

Next up, we deal with the media dweeb claiming TB12's going to be pissed off now that Hoyer has been cut.

Q: What do TB12 and Hoyer have in common?
A: Both of their houses are on the market.

Too soon?

I must say that I am a little bit surprised.
Bill and his staff must like what they see from Stidham.
Perhaps it is time for Hoyer to join Bill's staff.
It may be the case, but I suspect they view it as a case where if Brady is lost for the season, Hoyer is not getting them anywhere so why keep him? If it is just to manage a few games here and there, they can game plan for Stidham and he may be able to get better results than Hoyer due to being relatively unknown.

It may be the case, but I suspect they view it as a case where if Brady is lost for the season, Hoyer is not getting them anywhere so why keep him? If it is just to manage a few games here and there, they can game plan for Stidham and he may be able to get better results than Hoyer due to being relatively unknown.
Hoyer was very instrumental in playoff prep last year and probably during the regular season too. No that doesn't help much if Brady goes down but he was important nonetheless

Last edited:
It was actually pretty embarrassing.

Obviously those posters dont know how to evaluate the QB position

Side Note

Great post Bacon

Did you notice Ferentz at center getting tossed around like a pillow and shoved backwards into Studham’s pocket. Rewatch that first series
Good eyes Borg

Good eyes Borg
I know....Your boy Stidham is just awesome and anyone who posts anything to trash the line or pump up Stidham you are going to tell them that it was a great post etc.... We get it. You need others to back your claims.

More importantly, how many times did you jerk it to Hoyer getting released? Dont lie.

I know....Your boy Stidham is just awesome and anyone who posts anything to trash the line or pump up Stidham you are going to tell them that it was a great post etc.... We get it. You need others to back your claims.

More importantly, how many times did you jerk it to Hoyer getting released? Dont lie.
Hoyer should be back in some capicaity? Perfect spot for him to really grow after playing.

His contributions, no matter big/small won't be forgotten.

Hoyer should be back in some capicaity? Perfect spot for him to really grow after playing.

His contributions, no matter big/small won't be forgotten.
Exactly. Stidham sucks. Couldnt beat the Giant stiffs and he had DT, JG, and JE to throw to. Not even worth a PS space. Is there a JV team he can play on?

Hoyer knows the system inside and out...check

NFL interest in Hoyer at this point is non-existent...check

Indications are that Hoyer would jump at the chance to join the Pats staff...check

In the event of a catastrophic injury at the QB position, Hoyer could immediately be brought in to run the Patriots offense seamlessly...check

A journeyman QB near the end of the line gets cut to keep young rookie stud...check

What the hell is all the fuss about?

Not sure where the claim that some posters had a hard on for Hoyer is coming from. Don't think anyone gives a sh**t about Hoyer.

The discussion was centered on the actual Jarrett fanboys who believed he was the annointed one after seeing him play fairly well against mainly scrubs, since he didn't do so well against #1 D. The folks that believe Jarrett is now qualified to be a QB#2 vs those who felt he wasn't (like me). Some made the valid argument that dropping Hoyer would free up a needed spot in a team with a lot of talented players. Others were simply goo goo gaga over the kid. Not sure what there is to be embarrassed about over offering opinions on a football forum. Jesus, what kind of a man gets embarrassed over such nonsense? Lmao.

NFL interest in Hoyer at this point is non-existent...check

I'm not disagreeing with you generally, but this isn't true. Reports are the Broncos are interested, and right now the only Colts QB is Brissett.

Benching Butler
Allowing 5 9 Ellis Hobbs on a island against 6 6 Plaxico
Not paying TY Law market value.
Drafting Laurence Maroney and Chad Jackson in a draft loaded with defensive stars.
Drafting Jeremy Mincey over Carlos Dunlap.
I mean he has made mistakes.

Mincey over Dunlap is an interesting statement. It’s kind of true but only because Dunlap was still in high school when Mincey was drafted

If you’re going to be sanctimonious, at least get your facts straight. The guy you were looking for was Jermaine Cunningham

I think there was a good amount of board members who trashed certain posters which was plain to see.
Stidham could take over for Hoyer today and surpass him in little time.

It was actually pretty embarrassing.

Obviously those posters dont know how to evaluate the QB position

Side Note

I don’t think that was really the issue, unless I missed some posts. It’s about carrying two or three quarterbacks and the value of having a veteran who knows the system/can mentor a rookie for a bridge year. I don’t think anyone is saying Hoyer is a more valuable asset than Stidham.

Not sure where the claim that some posters had a hard on for Hoyer is coming from. Don't think anyone gives a sh**t about Hoyer.

The discussion was centered on the actual Jarrett fanboys who believed he was the annointed one after seeing him play fairly well against mainly scrubs, since he didn't do so well against #1 D. The folks that believe Jarrett is now qualified to be a QB#2 vs those who felt he wasn't (like me). Some made the valid argument that dropping Hoyer would free up a needed spot in a team with a lot of talented players. Others were simply goo goo gaga over the kid. Not sure what there is to be embarrassed about over offering opinions on a football forum. Jesus, what kind of a man gets embarrassed over such nonsense? Lmao.
There were posters that suggested Hoyer could lead this team to the playoffs & SB. Not many but a few.

"Our D and running game this year is gonna be really good, meaning average qb may be good enough to win a champ, a rookie is too much of a wildcard for that to happen, we keep Hoyer because w this d and this run game he could conceivably win a SB, a rookie most likely wont"

I was told I didn't know how to evaluate the position. Then Deus suggested Hoyer could actually fill in as a #1. This post below wasnt replying to me, not that it matters. Highlights some of the bs on the Hoyer side.

"Your post is really hightlighting the issue, IMO. Does BB think Stidham, who's not ready to be the #2, is close enough to ready to be the #2 that he can get rid of the guy who's already a capable #2 and is able to fill in as the #1, if needed? He lucked out in 2012, the year he cut Hoyer and kept Mallet, because Mallet was not ready, and never got ready. Is he willing to take that gamble again?

That's what we're going to find out."

In almost all my post I said there was a path for Hoyer on the team. I wasn't the one throwing out nonsense. I literally suggested Stidham was ready to be QB2 & Bill agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft