PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How would you feel about this?

ddell1

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Brady agrees to a 2 game suspension for non-cooperation. In return, League states no definitive proof of Brady knowledge of any wrong doing and team gets both draft picks back. Would you be cool with that?

No and why would they ever trust the league to follow through with verbally exonerating Brady? They've already been proven to be deceitful, corrupt, human beings. All of Brady's penalties vanquished or bust.

Brady agrees to a 2 game suspension for non-cooperation. In return, League states no definitive proof of Brady knowledge of any wrong doing and team gets both draft picks back. Would you be cool with that?

No way. Prior precedent for this transgression is merely a fine, handed down to Favre for not turning over his cell to the league.

And in Brady's situation, which is different from Favre's, he had every right to withhold his cell, considering who was doing the requesting on behalf of the league...

hell no. i want it all in front of a federal judge.

giphy.gif

Your punishment then sebsequent presser contradicts itself completely. And I know a contradiction when I see one.

nice to see the return of powerful LSD ...now we can all hold hands and sing along to that psychedelic tune The Magical Mystery Sewer performed by the Beatdells....Rog,Ted,Bob and Wingnutto...:cool:

No. The NFL doesn't have any kind of a successful record when taken to court because of their arbitrary decision making. I say file suit and put the sleazebags on the stand. to explain themselves.

So the next time, we'll accept any wild accusation if it appears to have an ounce of "something doesn't add up here because I'm not able to gather and assimilate all information" and allow the NFL front office to go after someone. then we can keep pushing the matter until we hit the non-cooperation wall and be able to suspend anyone for 2 games.

Does that represent what you are asking us?

The only settlement Brady should even consider is all of the suspension removed and an apology as well as the 1st round & 4th round picks given back in exchange for not suing for unfair labor practices, defamation of character as well as the dorito dinks sueing for defamation of character. But, hell I'd probably rather lose the picks and see the league office go down in flames in court.

No. The precedent for failure to turn over a phone in an investigation is a $50,000 fine. I could negotiate the number a little - a very little - but would never accept a suspension.

I don't mind your fantastical proposal, and I understand your finding of a middle ground which may satisfy both parties, but I stopped reading when you suggested that:

1. The NFL would fully exonerate Brady from any alleged cheating

2. They'd return our lost draft picks

Those two things are unlikely to happen, in my opinion.

Anytime I see something like this it shows me that there is still a lack of understanding of the science involved. Even after AEI, the McIntyre Blog and other reports have clearly disputed the findings of the Wells report we still have the "should Brady just give in" type mantra.

Right now as it stands the worst case scenario that is remotely possible is that a ball attendant went into the bathroom and Checked the air pressure. Not to released any pressure but just checked it. All the diatribe spewed over the last few months has been based of a chronologically built foundation of false assumptions and inaccurate leaks to the point that when the true facts are laid on the table they are tossed aside as just circumstantial evidence while the diatribe is viewed as clues to the actual crime.

We started with 1 - 2 psi deflated...........video footage of McNally going into the bathroom for 90 seconds......the 8 month old text message........and the Wells report that implies but does not state the actual missing pressure was about 0.3 psi IF you believe that Walt used the non-logo gauge........an AEI report and a McIntyre Blog that conclude that it is more likely that Walt used the Logo gauge.......and on and on and on ........which brings us to a point that we are now in the middle of a whirl wind of misinformation, false data, old debunked leaks and an NFL crew of cronies scrambling to avoid their biggest embarrassment in sports history by hanging onto legal "poker style" strategies which they hope will end this debacle with an impossible "win-win" outcome.

What is absolutely clear is that Brady did not want the footballs deflated for a competitive advantage. He just wanted them a 12.5.

The NFL has dug themselves into a hole and is doing everything it can to save face.

I am sure that years from now we will have plenty of people coming out of the wood work to offer an inside view of how ridiculous this whole thing actually was.

Brady should accept 0 games and full vindication of any wrong doing.

Nothing of this BS.

Further : I expect nothing of any value to come out of this appeal, out of going to court, nothing. This has been nothing but bad at every corner. Every single time people on here say "wait til..." it never gets any better. It gets worse and worse. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it'd come to where it is now.

Nothing is getting better. Thank goodness the big game was won. Otherwise, there'd be serious "why even bother becoming invested in this stuff if I'm continually frustrated" consideration from this viewpoint.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back