PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Will Josh McDaniels and the Patriots Offense Use Phillip Dorsett?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lombardi thinks that hogan moves fully into Edelman role

That surprises me since I see their skill sets as completely different. Maybe they just figure he's one of their top 3 receivers so they'll run different plays that benefit Hogan's skill set.
Nope. Lombardi said the dorsett mo e was so they could move hogan into the a lot into edelmans position.

I actually think hogan would be fine in that role but I think the patriots are going to use all of their receivers in the slot rather than just one

We finally have speed in our WR corps...can't wait.

Huh, Chad Jackson had BLAZING speed??? IDK that I remember him that way.

Yep, Jackson ran a 4.32 -- pretty amazing at 6'1" 213. He was a heck of a physical specimen. Alas, that turned out to be all he was.

Very little at first. For now he is a guy you have run verticles when Cooks needs a break. That is when he is dressed at all which won't be every game. Assuming Mitchell is good to good he knows the system and has some of Brady's trust already. I would expect Dorsett to be inactive a fair amount this season.

You forgot what has been so far his best NFL position: Decoy.

You know, all joking aside -- he'll certainly make a more effective decoy than Slater!

I honestly have no clue what Dorsett will accomplish here. I don't think anybody does. There just seems to be a switch that's either on or off for veteran WRs, whether or not they click with Brady and this offense, and you have to wait and see. We all know the big names who didn't click, but there have also been some smaller names (Caldwell, Gaffney) who did, to the best of their abilities. At least with a player like Dorsett, you know that IF he works out he has the raw tools to do some damage.

For now, he will be on the scout team, and inactive barring two injuries to WR's.

Why would Dorsett be active with Cooks, Hogan and Amendola active? That 's with one injury to Mitchell. That's 3 targets, plus Gronk and a a few RB's.

Well if Dorsett get's up to speed with Cooks, Hogan and Gronk on the field, the RB's will have a field day catching passes in the flat with the DB's 20 yards downfield.

Get open and catch the ball

For now, he will be on the scout team, and inactive barring two injuries to WR's.

Why would Dorsett be active with Cooks, Hogan and Amendola active? That 's with one injury to Mitchell. That's 3 targets, plus Gronk and a a few RB's.

Pats typically suit up 4 WRs for game day regardless.

Besides, I don't think they acquired him just to be insurance or run with the scout team.

If Dorsett ends up catching 3 balls/game the trade will be a fantastic success.
48 catches? Hell yea!!!!

If he duplicates Hogan's YPC he'll hit 860 yds.

I'm thinking he'll be around 35-40 catches for around 500 yds with a couple of TDs. I'd be ok with that.

Hopefully he will buck the trend of former Colt WRers flaming out in NE. The double/triple deep threat is intriguing if that's what they are invisioning. Would be an exciting offense if he works out.

Speed? Yes.

Size? When Hogan & Mitchell are your "big" WRs?

Is their a problem with hogans size?

mhpCBG.png

We also have this receiver, you worried about his size?
21ab1a354537e68a8ffd934e33f005e1--patriots--new-england-patriots.jpg

You need 4 active.

OK.
Here's my ridiculous conspiracy theory:

Brady says if he gets #6 in the next 2 years, he's out.

They're building the roster for Jimmy Garoppolo.
Jimmy throws a better intermediate to long ball.
They have added more talent and speed to suit his skill set and needs.

It all makes sense now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back