PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will BB coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB will be fired by Kraft if Mac Jones is a Bust.

Brady winning another ring could drive Kraft to run BB out town too.
There is zero chance that the outcome of the Bucs season will affect Bill’s job security.

What might get Bill fired is another Spygate or a cheating scandal that embarrasses the franchise but I’m sure that won’t happen. Even then Kraft should lay low on that since he was the guy who hired the video geniuses that like to point cameras at other teams sidelines.

Last edited:
I'm no fan of Don but with how BB has been so dominant for 20 years, it is kind of impressive for Shula how BB still needs 49 more wins to pass Don. Counting playoff wins what is this, at least another 4 seasons? Hope BB can stay healthy.
Shula* wouldn't have all those wins* or the 17-0* season if the Fins* didn't cheat* to get him on the team.

If Bill didn't spend all those years under Tuna Crap's thumb he'd already be way ahead.

The biggest difference between the two HC's is their playoff record. Bill blows Shula away there.

I can’t believe he’s almost 70, that makes me feel old as hell. I wonder how much longer he’s going to coach? Nick saban just turned 70 and he’s showing no signs of slowing down. Maybe in the future he will do what the Celtics did. Remain the GM and hire a separate coach. Who knows, maybe he will do it for another 5-7 years.

We're on to Miami.

Shula* wouldn't have all those wins* or the 17-0* season if the Fins* didn't cheat* to get him on the team.

If Bill didn't spend all those years under Tuna Crap's thumb he'd already be way ahead.

The biggest difference between the two HC's is their playoff record. Bill blows Shula away there.

I think the biggest difference might ultimately be that Shula didn’t get a ring during Marino’s tenure.

I think the biggest difference might ultimately be that Shula didn’t get a ring during Marino’s tenure.
Could be for sure.
Another difference that I've seen is that Shula was a crybaby and Bill isn't

I think he wants to catch Shula but if Mac isn't the guy I doubt that happens. If Mac flames out I say Bill "retires" when Mac is no longer the starter.

I find this amongst my family and friends as well as on this board when the prospect of Bill Belichick no longer coaching the Pats comes up. He’s like a security blanket for so many that they can’t even bring themselves to consider it. They just figuratively curl up up in the fetal position and whisper to themselves that it’s not happening. That it won’t happen until he’s 80 or has more wins then Shula and Halas combined.

it’s happening folks. Sooner rather than later. You should want that for him. He deserves to rest on his laurels and have a chance to be celebrated and enjoy his own accomplishments. I’d like for him to be alive and free from dementia when he’s inducted into the HOF. Bet he lets his hair down in his induction speech.

My guess is Bill Belichick could care less about Shula’s bloated record of mediocrity - no championships in the last quarter century of his career. That he’ll retire when he wants just like he’s done everything in his career- on his own terms. I’ll be surprised if he’s still HC of the NEP on his 71st birthday.

Desl with it people. I trust him to leave things in pretty good shape for his predecessors before he leaves.
This. I don't think the Shula thing means as much to him as some people think. His legacy is setting this team up for another long run, both in key personnel (QB), coaching and front office.

I think he wants to catch Shula but if Mac isn't the guy I doubt that happens. If Mac flames out I say Bill "retires" when Mac is no longer the starter.
Sorry, but I can’t see Bill walking away losers. I don’t think Mac will flame out, but if he did I‘d expect Belichick to stay until he succeeds in installing a serviceable QB of the future. But I think he’s got too much invested in Mac to let him fail, after cutting Cam to hand the reins to the rookie. I don’t think there’s much chance Mac will flame out, although there will be plenty of folks rooting for him to fail.

To get 49 wins he will need 5 to 6 more years. Considering when you’re that age 5 to 6 years could represent the majority of your good years left I’m not so sure. This year will be big. If he sees a team that can compete for a SB in the coming years maybe he stays. Macs development is key.
As far as the majority of his good years left? The guy is doing what he loves and he is doing it with his sons, what better way to spend your last productive years. I am 68 and if you tell me I can go back to work doing what I love and with my two boys helping me, my wife will have some quality time watching netflix. BB whom I never met, spoken to or seen closer than 10 feet away imo would be miserable at home. Jimmy Johnson stepped away, but that is rare IMO.

As far as the majority of his good years left? The guy is doing what he loves and he is doing it with his sons, what better way to spend your last productive years. I am 68 and if you tell me I can go back to work doing what I love and with my two boys helping me, my wife will have some quality time watching netflix. BB whom I never met, spoken to or seen closer than 10 feet away imo would be miserable at home. Jimmy Johnson stepped away, but that is rare IMO.
There's only been a handful of men that coached past age 70. Like 5 or so. It's not rare at all for coaches to hang it up around 70

I wish Shula was still alive and lived another 5 or so years and BB passing him in wins is what kills him.

34, he wants to be the first coach to 100.

There's only been a handful of men that coached past age 70. Like 5 or so. It's not rare at all for coaches to hang it up around 70

True but like for Brady, I don't know if historical age comps apply to either Brady or BB

Until Slater catches a deep bomb TD.
That might cause a tear in the fabric of spacetime! o_O
traveling space travel GIF by Matthew Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back