PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will BB coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I can’t see Bill walking away losers. I don’t think Mac will flame out, but if he did I‘d expect Belichick to stay until he succeeds in installing a serviceable QB of the future. But I think he’s got too much invested in Mac to let him fail, after cutting Cam to hand the reins to the rookie. I don’t think there’s much chance Mac will flame out, although there will be plenty of folks rooting for him to fail.
Yes you caught us all. We are rooting for Mac to fail. What is this persecution complex with some weird faction of the fanbase? Now not only do some people think everyone is out to get us but now some of the Patriots fanbase is out to get each other?

I am not fully sold on Mac but I think he should be a serviceable QB that Bill can win with as long as the offense around him stays healthy. That being said if Mac were to flame out in 2-3 years that would likely mean 3-4 bad seasons in a row. How long are the Krafts going let Bill, who at that point is in his early 70's, hang around and rack up losing seasons?

Yes you caught us all. We are rooting for Mac to fail. What is this persecution complex with some weird faction of the fanbase? Now not only do some people think everyone is out to get us but now some of the Patriots fanbase is out to get each other?

I am not fully sold on Mac but I think he should be a serviceable QB that Bill can win with as long as the offense around him stays healthy. That being said if Mac were to flame out in 2-3 years that would likely mean 3-4 bad seasons in a row. How long are the Krafts going let Bill, who at that point is in his early 70's, hang around and rack up losing seasons?
I was thinking more the talking heads than the fan base. Plus fans of 31 other NFL teams. But mostly the talking heads who would cream their jeans at the idea of Mac failing and Belichick being crucified for cutting Cam. I’m sure we would have a few contrarian posters crawling out of the shadows on here to chime in as well, just to validate their keyboard prowess. The big firestorm would be all the expert commentators who thrive on controversy more than content to fuel their click counters. Don’t expect it to happen, because I have faith Mac will hold up his end of the bargain. Just being honest about how I see the mediots.

I was thinking more the talking heads than the fan base. Plus fans of 31 other NFL teams. But mostly the talking heads who would cream their jeans at the idea of Mac failing and Belichick being crucified for cutting Cam. I’m sure we would have a few contrarian posters crawling out of the shadows on here to chime in as well, just to validate their keyboard prowess. The big firestorm would be all the expert commentators who thrive on controversy more than content to fuel their click counters. Don’t expect it to happen, because I have faith Mac will hold up his end of the bargain. Just being honest about how I see the mediots.
I apologize I thought you meant that some of the fanbase wanted Mac to fail. I can definitely see the Felger's and Adam Jones's of the world rooting for him to fail so they can keep the hot takes coming. It is a very small sample size but so far it looks like Mac at least should be a good fit for the offense. He still has to execute but I haven't seen anything that raises any real red flags outside of the usual rookie stuff.

I apologize I thought you meant that some of the fanbase wanted Mac to fail. I can definitely see the Felger's and Adam Jones's of the world rooting for him to fail so they can keep the hot takes coming. It is a very small sample size but so far it looks like Mac at least should be a good fit for the offense. He still has to execute but I haven't seen anything that raises any real red flags outside of the usual rookie stuff.

And I don't even blame the F&M's of the world for that. If my (fairly lucrative) lifestyle depended on storylines emerging in the world of sports, you might get a few shows worth out of Mac doing well, but you get endless content in this market if he fails. So if you take the fandom aspect out of it, it's in their own personal interest to get the juicy disaster as opposed to the Fruit Stripe Gum of storylines.

Doesn't mean I personally want to LISTEN to them do that, but it's better for them no question.

And I don't even blame the F&M's of the world for that. If my (fairly lucrative) lifestyle depended on storylines emerging in the world of sports, you might get a few shows worth out of Mac doing well, but you get endless content in this market if he fails. So if you take the fandom aspect out of it, it's in their own personal interest to get the juicy disaster as opposed to the Fruit Stripe Gum of storylines.

Doesn't mean I personally want to LISTEN to them do that, but it's better for them no question.
I like F&M strictly because I listen for the entertainment value. They pretty much admit they manufacture takes and that most of it is nonsense but it helps the show. They are the number one talk radio show in the country and they talk about the Patriots 12 months a year. They know what they're doing and while I can't listen everyday due to the constant stream of negativity I do always make a point to tune in anytime anything big happens in Boston sports.

I like F&M. They are the number one talk radio show in the country
98.5 must beam quite signal
Colin Cowherd and the rest of the nationally syndicated shows must be in a panic

I wonder if Bill feels the same as Brady does... like if he feels like he has nothing more to add to his team then it will be time to step away.

I'm looking forward to the Wickersham book...and I think there will be a lot of juicy tidbits about Bill himself in there. I think there is something to the rumors that he wants/wanted to leave NE and take on a job with the Giants and we'll see how close that came to actually happening.

HoF coaches never retire. Either health or ownership force them out.

BB isn't going anywhere unless one of those two things happen.

Didn't Cowher retire?

Didn't Cowher retire?
Good point.

Cowher says he was burnt out but what is also true is the wife urged him to retire b/c the youngest daughter was at NC State and she wanted to move to NC to be closer to her.

So add a 3rd reason....wives.

98.5 must beam quite signal
Colin Cowherd and the rest of the nationally syndicated shows must be in a panic
Best numbers for a regional sports talk show. I don't know the ins and outs but either way they're good at what they do.

I think that's a pretty broad brush you're painting with, my man. I bet between the two of us we can come up with more than a handful that went out rather than retool/reload/rebuild a sustained run of good/great teams.

I wonder if Bill feels the same as Brady does... like if he feels like he has nothing more to add to his team then it will be time to step away.

I'm looking forward to the Wickersham book...and I think there will be a lot of juicy tidbits about Bill himself in there. I think there is something to the rumors that he wants/wanted to leave NE and take on a job with the Giants and we'll see how close that came to actually happening.
My feeling is Bill wants to go out on a high note. Maybe not a super bowl win but maybe in a few years Mac looks like a high end starter and they sign him to a long term deal with a solid young roster and Bill decides he has left the future of the franchise in good shape and steps down. I wonder whether it will be a full transition, as in all new coaching staff, or if Josh (or Bill's kid?) will stay on and take over as HC and Bill will stay on in some sort of advisor/football operations role.

I think that's a pretty broad brush you're painting with, my man. I bet between the two of us we can come up with more than a handful that went out rather than retool/reload/rebuild a sustained run of good/great teams.
I like to avoid being specific only when I have to :p

In all seriousness you are right...

HC (26)​

George Allen 1966-1977- fired
Paul Brown 1946-1962- On his own terms.
Guy Chamberlin # 1922-1927-?
Jimmy Conzelman # 1921-30, 1940-42, 1946-48-?
Bill Cowher 1992-2006- Wife pressure
Tony Dungy 1996-2008- Family
Weeb Ewbank 1954-1973-Own terms/old age
Ray Flaherty # 1936-1949-?
Joe Gibbs 1981-1992- Own terms
Sid Gillman 1955-1969, 1971-1974- Own terms
Bud Grant 1967-1983, 1985- Own terms
George Halas # 1920-29, 1933-42, 1946-67- Own terms
Jimmy Johnson 1989-1993, 1996-1999- Own terms
Earl Lambeau # 1919-1953-?
Tom Landry 1960-1988- FIRED
Marv Levy 1978-1982, 1986-1997- Own terms
Vince Lombardi 1959-1967, 1969- Death
John Madden 1969-1978- own terms
Earle Neale 1941-1950-?
Chuck Noll 1969-1991- Own terms but under pressure.
Steve Owen # 1930-1953-?
Bill Parcells 1983-1990, 1993-99, 2003-06- Own terms
Fritz Pollard # 1919 - 1923, 1925-1926-?
Don Shula 1963-1995- New ownership
Hank Stram 1960-1974, 1976-1977- Fired
Bill Walsh 1979-1988- Own terms but relationship with Eddie DeBartolo was strained

I like to avoid being specific only when I have to :p

In all seriousness you are right...

HC (26)​

George Allen 1966-1977- fired
Paul Brown 1946-1962- On his own terms.
Guy Chamberlin # 1922-1927-?
Jimmy Conzelman # 1921-30, 1940-42, 1946-48-?
Bill Cowher 1992-2006- Wife pressure
Tony Dungy 1996-2008- Family
Weeb Ewbank 1954-1973-Own terms/old age
Ray Flaherty # 1936-1949-?
Joe Gibbs 1981-1992- Own terms
Sid Gillman 1955-1969, 1971-1974- Own terms
Bud Grant 1967-1983, 1985- Own terms
George Halas # 1920-29, 1933-42, 1946-67- Own terms
Jimmy Johnson 1989-1993, 1996-1999- Own terms
Earl Lambeau # 1919-1953-?
Tom Landry 1960-1988- FIRED
Marv Levy 1978-1982, 1986-1997- Own terms
Vince Lombardi 1959-1967, 1969- Death
John Madden 1969-1978- own terms
Earle Neale 1941-1950-?
Chuck Noll 1969-1991- Own terms but under pressure.
Steve Owen # 1930-1953-?
Bill Parcells 1983-1990, 1993-99, 2003-06- Own terms
Fritz Pollard # 1919 - 1923, 1925-1926-?
Don Shula 1963-1995- New ownership
Hank Stram 1960-1974, 1976-1977- Fired
Bill Walsh 1979-1988- Own terms but relationship with Eddie DeBartolo was strained
That was way more efficient than I imagined.
game of thrones king GIF

I think the whole "Brady/Yoko going to Kraft" thing had to chap BB's ass.
After all he had accomplished for the Krafts and organization.

Waaah he never got player of the week!!!
AB's gone!!!
I only throw to my circle of vets.

I'm guessing the emergence of Mac has rejuvenated him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes