PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will BB coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick has always seemed to care about history - both NFL and otherwise, so it's safe to assume his place in history matters to him.

So yeah one or both of the prevailing thoughts - the Shula chase and succeeding without Tom - very likely matter to him to one degree or another.

But I also suspect having a new young first round QB, among other young players, can keep the competitive fires stoked, provided we win enough.

I don't think Belichick wants to do 8 more seasons at 6-7 wins a year. If we're ****ting the bed next year I could see him stepping down into a role supporting Josh or Steve or whoever will be the next guy. Just please not Matty P.

Belichick has always seemed to care about history - both NFL and otherwise, so it's safe to assume his place in history matters to him.

So yeah one or both of the prevailing thoughts - the Shula chase and succeeding without Tom - very likely matter to him to one degree or another.

But I also suspect having a new young first round QB, among other young players, can keep the competitive fires stoked, provided we win enough.

I don't think Belichick wants to do 8 more seasons at 6-7 wins a year. If we're ****ting the bed next year I could see him stepping down into a role supporting Josh or Steve or whoever will be the next guy. Just please not Matty P.
Agree. Plus he has stated a preference for players he likes to coach. If Mac is one of those, and there seems every reason to expect that he is and no reason to expect otherwise, Bill is likely to find that tutoring him is rejuvenating. Also he has assembled a team with a good mix of veterans and young players, with a number of veterans that he coached previously. So there is likely some good positive energy there for him as well.

basically I think he’ll stick around as long as he’s healthy and coaching is fun. Looks like that could easily be long enough to pass Shula, and notch more than one additional Lombardi. I’m certainly hoping so!

At Least until next year

Bill will coach until the big referee in the sky blows the final whistle, and even then no one will know Bill has passed

1631199947982.png

I think that choice would be taken out of Bill's hands inside of 8 more seasons.

Bill will coach until the big referee in the sky blows the final whistle, and even then no one will know Bill has passed

View attachment 35474

He'll be the first coach to win a Super Bowl posthumously, as McDaniels and Mayo prop him up Weekend at Bernie's style in press conferences while Steve throws his voice like a ventriloquist.

He'll be the first coach to win a Super Bowl posthumously, as McDaniels and Mayo prop him up Weekend at Bernie's style in press conferences while Steve throws his voice like a ventriloquist.
Chris Pratt Marvel GIF

I stated a fact
And stripped it of all context, which is why it is a stupid post, he’s the most successful Coach/GM in NFL history, and Brady has only been gone for one season. You hate Belichick, we get it, and more and more it looks like you are just another ignorant troll.

By the way “ he’s the most successful Coach/GM in NFL history” is also A FACT.

Bill will retire when he feels that Brian is ready to replace him. Jonathan and Brian will go on to recreate legacy’s similar to their fathers. Mac Jones eventually wins 9 Super Bowls.

I'd much prefer Patricia compared to the.... other option.

And stripped it of all context, which is why it is a stupid post, he’s the most successful Coach/GM in NFL history, and Brady has only been gone for one season. You hate Belichick, we get it, and more and more it looks like you are just another ignorant troll.

I don't hate BB, I have called him the greatest coach of all time many many times over the years. His in game coaching adjustments are second to none. However, he doesn't walk on water the way others here on this forum worship him. He's made some bonehead decisions in the drafts 2014-2020, and he still hasn't proven he can win a division title without Tom Brady. Do I think he can? Yes, although the Bills are loaded.

I agree on Coach, but I don't agree on GM when you take the draft into consideration. He's made some excellent FA and trades over the years which makes him a very good GM.

.... Why does Josh McDaniels suck so bad?

Good question. I don't want the Patriots to become the laughingstock of the league. Would feel way better if Brian Daboll were still here or even Bill O'Brien. Current OC is the worst talent evaluator in the league and rode Brady's coattails for 15 years except for the 3 embarrassingly bad seasons when he didn't have Brady.

Last edited:
I don't hate BB, I have called him the greatest coach of all time many many times over the years. His in game coaching adjustments are second to none. However, he doesn't walk on water the way others here on this forum worship him. He's made some bonehead decisions in the drafts 2014-2020, and he still hasn't proven he can win a division title without Tom Brady. Do I think he can? Yes, although the Bills are loaded.

In a massive coincidence the drafts with Belichick were awesome from 2001-2004 and 2009-2012. Sucked from 2005-2008 and 2013-2019. In another massive coincidence it correlates exactly with the presence of multiple John Carroll morons within the organization.

The day Belichick leaves is the day the franchise nose dives again. Greatest coach in the history of the NFL and on a 53-man roster, aside from a great QB having a great coach is vitally important.

This. I don't think the Shula thing means as much to him as some people think. His legacy is setting this team up for another long run, both in key personnel (QB), coaching and front office.
This.

He’ll stay till he gets Shula’s record I think. Bill can taste it now. It’s not that far off.
38 regular season wins to go to tie Shula in that category. At 10 wins a season that means the 2025 season... I don't know if BB plans to stick around that long. If the Pats can become a team that can have a big season or two in the next couple of years like 14-3 or something that would make it a lot easier.

26 to catch Shula for the overall wins (including playoffs) lead. That one is more doable I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3