PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will BB coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill's last game is Jan. 5, 2025, losing to Dolphins in MIA and failing to reach playoffs for 3rd time in 5 years. He falls short of passing Romeo Crennel as oldest head coach and just shy of Shula's wins records.

He becomes Sr. VP of Rosenhaus Sports and goes on to sign AB as a client. He also becomes oldest spokesman for Subway.

Oh that will be fun. Right now you've already got people feeling like they should be universally acknowledged as being better at being HC than BB, based on how the Pats stank it up with Newton, and the Bucs won the SB with Brady... the "It was all Tom" crew.

Can you imagine the improvement to the board's numbers if the Pats are suspect at every turn and no coaching decision is safe, with no laurels to fall back on? :eek: Good for traffic on the board, I'll betcha that much!
I don’t think anyone really believes the Pats missing the playoffs last year was because of subpar coaching or that Bill’s coaching was exposed without Brady or he’s a lesser coach without Brady to any greater degree than any other great coach would be without their all world QB.

Then there’s Bill’s decisions as GM in recent years…let’s hope he hit this off-season and the last two drafts out of the park.

then there’s Bill’s decisions as GM in recent years…let’s hope he hit this off-season and the last two drafts out of the park.
GIF by Lawrence Family JCC

A source close to the team told me Belichick is already getting baby blood transfusions from the same source that supplies Tom (tech tycoon fascists) and plans on coaching literally forever.

Last edited:
Hell coach as long as he’s employed.

I don’t think anyone really believes the Pats missing the playoffs last year was because of subpar coaching or that Bill’s coaching was exposed without Brady or he’s a lesser coach without Brady to any greater degree than any other great coach would be without their all world QB.

Then there’s Bill’s decisions as GM in recent years…let’s hope he hit this off-season and the last two drafts out of the park.
Yep. For me it’s his roster moves that finally reared it’s ugly head and not his coaching. No Coach can get a team of 50+ players without much talent into the playoffs, especially with the worst QB in the NFL.

His aggressive moves in FA looks to get the team trending in the right direction again which will upset many opposing fans. And the draft looks to be his best in years. Jones, Rham and Barmore should make major contributions which has been a problem in years past. Uche looks to take a major leap, while I think Winovich has a bounce back year similar to his rookie year coming in on passing downs where he’s more effective. Being a full time player wore him down. Dugger will be a decent player on early downs, but I don’t see any improvement in coverage or any indication he’s taking that leap like Uche. Onwenu should have a solid year at G. Jujuan Williams should see time with Gilmore out.

Reactions: sb1
I find this amongst my family and friends as well as on this board when the prospect of Bill Belichick no longer coaching the Pats comes up. He’s like a security blanket for so many that they can’t even bring themselves to consider it. They just figuratively curl up up in the fetal position and whisper to themselves that it’s not happening. That it won’t happen until he’s 80 or has more wins then Shula and Halas combined.

it’s happening folks. Sooner rather than later. You should want that for him. He deserves to rest on his laurels and have a chance to be celebrated and enjoy his own accomplishments. I’d like for him to be alive and free from dementia when he’s inducted into the HOF. Bet he lets his hair down in his induction speech.

My guess is Bill Belichick could care less about Shula’s bloated record of mediocrity - no championships in the last quarter century of his career. That he’ll retire when he wants just like he’s done everything in his career- on his own terms. I’ll be surprised if he’s still HC of the NEP on his 71st birthday.

Desl with it people. I trust him to leave things in pretty good shape for his predecessors before he leaves.

Not sure he would admit this publicly but he probably feels like he needs to win a SB without Tom.

Bedard’s Sunday Column (behind pay wall) was about this issue. Basically, he said he had not seen anything hinting at Belichick’s retirement until this off-season/training camp.

Bedard mentioned Shula’s record and seemed to think Bill would stick around to pass it. But, the NFL stands for “not for long”, so I’m not sure why Belichick would be putting pieces in place for a retirement with that’s 5 years in the future.

There was another interesting quote in the column. Bedard quoted Peyton Manning talking about Belichick dissing Joe Montana and Jim Kelly to him when Bill was coaching him in a Pro Bowl. The quote just reinforced what I’ve always believed; Bill doesn’t respect Don Shula or his accomplishments, so he could care less about passing them. George Halas on the other hand is a different story. 14 wins moves Bill ahead of Papa Bear. With a 17 game schedule and a playoff win or two, that’s achievable this season.
The more games the NFL adds to the regular season and the more it reduces playoff byes, the more likely it is that Belichick will pass Shula. Someone should mention this to the Commissioner.

I trust him to leave things in pretty good shape for his predecessors before he leaves.

dead on ball accurate.

Well, Bill's the GOAT... but the only way he can leave things in good shape for all his predecessors is if he takes the DeLorean back to 1960. :excited:

Bill's last game is Jan. 5, 2025, losing to Dolphins in MIA and failing to reach playoffs for 3rd time in 5 years. He falls short of passing Romeo Crennel as oldest head coach and just shy of Shula's wins records.

He becomes Sr. VP of Rosenhaus Sports and goes on to sign AB as a client. He also becomes oldest spokesman for Subway.

BB starts a second career in economics and scarcity theory and global trading dynamics. Accepts his nobel prize advancing game theory and nash equilibrium in the year 2030. The United States prospers under his tenure as Treasury Secretary during the Gosling administration.

Hopefully Don Shula having that many wins and Brady winning that sb last year will keep him around 5 more years

BB will be fired by Kraft if Mac Jones is a Bust.

Brady winning another ring could drive Kraft to run BB out town too.
Glad to see you maintaining your usual high standards.

BB starts a second career in economics and scarcity theory and global trading dynamics. Accepts his nobel prize advancing game theory and nash equilibrium in the year 2030. The United States prospers under his tenure as Treasury Secretary during the Gosling administration.
WTF do you think Ernie Adams really does in non-SB years?

Wait do you believe guys like Larry Summers did it?

With the 17th game added to the schedule, should only take 3 seasons
CeLzIwkUMAAT9jV.jpg

Well, Bill's the GOAT... but the only way he can leave things in good shape for all his predecessors is if he takes the DeLorean back to 1960. :excited:
Either that or he hands the reins to his immediate predecessor, Pete Carroll. But he's actually older. Nvm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back