PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many years will this happen before we stop being surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, I am sure someone said it before me, but some of us were not surprised.

Edit - now last week? THAT was a surprise.

Isn't it amazing that some posters wont even show their face to just say good game, good win, so and so played good etc.

Bunch of sniveling little ****ies who dont have the sack to even say one good thing about this team. These miserable posters are the laughing stock of this site and of the world.

LMAO

On one hand, I agree: it's well-documented that the best coaches now regard September as an extended preseason, and as a result we see a lot of the teams that end up being top-tier in December looking uneven at best over the first few weeks.

OTOH, weeks 1-3 did feel a bit different this time in that the specific flaws with this team feel more glaring than in years past, specifically a lack of speed within the front 7, and a LB unit that appears ill-suited to adapt to the way the game is evolving. I'm not going to pretend that I don't still have major concerns, just like I had major concerns throughout last year about the same unit.

But yeah, the last time time I thought the team had such a critical flaw was the OL the year Brady was taking a ton of hits, and they rounded into shape and we went on to win the Super Bowl anyway.

When we lose they live here. When we win they go back to eating paint chips.
They also live under powerlines and were dropped at children

It is strange that there are more people here when a loss happens. I’ve been told there is no talent on this team. Lol

I’ve seen belichick take no namers into the playoffs year after year. So, if the coaching is on par, going to the playoffs is likely even with a talent deficit. One could argue weather we have Super Bowl type talent and have some kind of validity. That said, it’s still too early to make any assumptions

It is strange that there are more people here when a loss happens. I’ve been told there is no talent on this team. Lol

I think those transient visitors fall into 2 buckets.

1) Trolls and haters just looking to twist the knife.
2) Pink hats who are so accustomed to getting a dessert after dinner and when they dont get it they lash out and hate their parents like a 3 year old

2) Pink hats who are so accustomed to getting a dessert after dinner and when they dont get it they lash out and hate their parents like a 3 year old

The super bowl loss had me like 2 there for a while. September games are hard to take seriously.

There are a lot of trolls around

Bingo...

The super bowl loss had me like 2 there for a while. September games are hard to take seriously.

There are a lot of trolls around

In our own way I think we were all at #2 for a bit.

Yea. I dont think there is a 3rd. You may have a few legit fans wander in just trying to make sense of the game but they quickly leave when they have to sift through 234 pages of hissy-fits and troll turd.

I’ve seen belichick take no namers into the playoffs year after year. So, if the coaching is on par, going to the playoffs is likely even with a talent deficit. One could argue weather we have Super Bowl type talent and have some kind of validity. That said, it’s still too early to make any assumptions
You're right. If you want a pretty fair idea who the phonies are who claim to be Patriot fans, but aren't, notice those who posted multiple times after the last two games who have not been heard from since yesterday's game ended. It's not foolproof, but I believe it's a reasonably accurate indicator.

You're right. If you want a pretty fair idea who the phonies are who claim to be Patriot fans, but aren't, notice those who posted multiple times after the last two games who have not been heard from since yesterday's game ended. It's not foolproof, but I believe it's a reasonably accurate indicator.

They are also obviously not interested in making a positive contribution to this forum either. It's really just about projecting their own failures here (assessing blame) and using a Patriots loss as a way to say "I suck."

Call me one of the ones that was “concerned”. Losing to Jacksonville was understandable, but the way they came out against the Lions had me reaching out for the panic button. Losing to the Dolphins would’ve made me press it. Yesterday was a good win against a divisional opponent and now they are 2-1 in the AFC. Michel looked great. Defense was lights out. Gordon will get better. Edelman is back.

As I’ve said in another thread, the good news is that we’ve yet to see a complete team in the NFL. Every team has had some major glaring weakness.

It’s good the Pats get another weak opponent at home to get ready for the potential shootout one week later against KC.

I think we're all trying to make sense of this team, optimists and pessimists alike.

Yes, yesterday was a terrific win. Not just to get the all important W, but we looked dominant on both sides of the ball. So everyone should feel at least encouraged by what we saw, but we shouldn't dismiss the last two weeks as complete aberrations or completely meaningless.

After all, I feel one bad performance is expected.....there will be a game when one team just doesn't show up (think 2010 vs Browns), but two in a row....with one being on the national stage to the lowly Lions after a week of the team talking about 'executing better' and 'focusing more'? That just doesn't happen.....at least not since 2002. So as much as we look towards history to help give us hope, there was a different vibe to this season.

I think everyone is justified in continuing to feel uneasy as we try to figure out who the 2018 Patriots really are. Right now, it's trending well given the recent win, Edelman's upcoming return, and knowing that Gordon will only build in chemistry with Brady.

Call me one of the ones that was “concerned”. Losing to Jacksonville was understandable, but the way they came out against the Lions had me reaching out for the panic button. Losing to the Dolphins would’ve made me press it. Yesterday was a good win against a divisional opponent and now they are 2-1 in the AFC. Michel looked great. Defense was lights out. Gordon will get better. Edelman is back.

As I’ve said in another thread, the good news is that we’ve yet to see a complete team in the NFL. Every team has had some major glaring weakness.

It’s good the Pats get another weak opponent at home to get ready for the potential shootout one week later against KC.

It seems the purpose of this thread is to out everyone who had/has legitimate concerns that these Patriots aren't going to make it to the Super Bowl this year due to some problems on the roster. The OP is magnificent and brave in writing this incredible piece of hindsight after the game, during the team's high point of the season, while he also can see the future and just saw a 12-4 finish and sixth Lombardi. For all the rest of us, we are naive and quick to make stupid assessments because there's nothing wrong with the roster, and we are spoiled if we try to predict how they'll fare compared to previous Patriots teams, which by their consistent past results, have always had the same bar, which is Super Bowl or bust.

I think we're all trying to make sense of this team, optimists and pessimists alike.
The team is within a game or so either way, the same team it has been for 18 years.

Yes, yesterday was a terrific win. Not just to get the all important W, but we looked dominant on both sides of the ball. So everyone should feel at least encouraged by what we saw, but we shouldn't dismiss the last two weeks as complete aberrations or completely meaningless.
They were adversity. This team respond to and grows from adversity. Always has. When it plays poorly, it fixes the problem.

After all, I feel one bad performance is expected.....there will be a game when one team just doesn't show up (think 2010 vs Browns), but two in a row....with one being on the national stage to the lowly Lions after a week of the team talking about 'executing better' and 'focusing more'? That just doesn't happen.....at least not since 2002. So as much as we look towards history to help give us hope, there was a different vibe to this season.
No different vibe.
Last year we lost 2 of the first 3 HOME games and allowed 108 points, 33 + in each
In the next 5 home games we allowed 59 total and won them all.
In 2015 we lost 4 of the last 6 games, losing back to back to the jets and dolphins in the last 2 games to lose the 1 seed.
In 2014, we got drubbed in the opener, barely beat the raiders, who were the worst team in the league, at home in week 3 and got blown out of kc. We were FAR worse in the first 4 weeks of 2014 than 2018.
We are the dominant franchise in the league but are not in any way immune to bad games, and never have been.

I think everyone is justified in continuing to feel uneasy as we try to figure out who the 2018 Patriots really are. Right now, it's trending well given the recent win, Edelman's upcoming return, and knowing that Gordon will only build in chemistry with Brady.
His people feel is how they want to feel. Posts on this board actually make it seem like people think how they feel will affect how the team plays. Who gives a crap is someone is uneasy? What difference does it make?
To me you waste the beauty of being a fan if this dynasty by sitting around in fear that the team may stop wining and you didn’t see it coming. How is that fun? I mean do you (not speaking to you personally) sit around home watching everything your wife does wondering if it’s a sign that she is leaving you? Wow, she was in a bad mood 3 days last week I wonder if that’s the beginning of the end? I’m going to sit at work tomorrow and spend some time thinking about whether this bad mood feels the same as the others that she got over. While I’m at it I’m going to tell my buddies all the thinks that are bad about her so if she leaves me I can say I saw it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes