PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How many years will this happen before we stop being surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this win was nice and there was some life on offense it will mean nothing if the team continues to struggle on the road like the first 2 games away

We all know this team is one of the toughest in the NFL to beat at home - so far on the road nothing to write home about in the 2 games which they were dominated

I can't wait until they play elsewhere again and hopefully play like they are home and see them improving in the enemies house like they have always done before

How many years?

Exactly 3.141592653

173da066-c6b4-45dd-9b28-0d459cf6f169.jpg

They beat the Dolphins and it was very impressive but it's the Dolphins lets wait until the Chiefs come into Gillette with a bunch of weapons and a good team before we start throwing a party and claim everything is fixed.

Agreed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180927-192750.png
    Screenshot_20180927-192750.png
    622.4 KB · Views: 5
who panics?

Team plays like ****, people say so

Dolphins were frauds anyway

Of course injuries can derail the team...
The principle being debated is the overall track record of the team's brain trust.
They certainly are not perfect but they are not stupid people.

Good story. Let's see some picture evidence.:cool:
Sadly, my cell phone in 2003 had sufficient memory for 2 1/2 pictures. My memories of that hottie will just remain memories, and you will have to use your vivid imagination.

I feel like every year this team goes 2-2 in the first 4 weeks, and every year there's a ton of fans that start panicking over it.

Anyone with an attention span greater than a hamster's knows that BB spends the first 4 weeks of the season putting the puzzle pieces together and shaking down the roster, and that far more often than not, more than half of the team's losses come by week 4 even in years when the team goes deep into the playoffs.

Sadly, a large swath of Patriots fans don't seem to quite attain that lofty pinnacle of paying more freaking attention from one year to the next than your average hamster.

I mean, look at the history. You can almost write a 2-2 start to the season in pen at this point, because it happens a lot more often than not. The only recent exception was the Defamegate revenge tour when the team was truly playing for something in those first 4 games, and even then they'd have gone 2-2 if LeGarritte Blount and Martellus Bennett hadn't helped our third string QB steal a game in Week 3.

So if the team has to win a game against the unstoppable Miami machine in order to go 2-2... I kind of have to feel like not only do the Patriots have this, but that this is pretty normal. It takes BB time to separate the wheat from the chaff and adjust his roster to his liking, and he spends a lot of effort in the first 4 games on identifying holes in his roster and making tactical adjustments. The sort of thing a coach can only do in realtime after seeing real results.

How can any Pats fan calling themselves a Pats fan sweat a 2-2 start to the season at this point? It's happened FAR more often than not by now. Most of the time, the team only loses maybe 1 other game the entire way.

Just some food for thought. There's something to be learned from history. Just ask BB himself, who is apparently an avid historian among his other great attributes. Take a page from his book and learn from history yourself. You'll enjoy the traditionally slow starts to the season a lot more.

Maybe the difference this time was that we had a 3-0 team in our division. Usually when we start 2-2 we're at least tied for the lead in the division.

The defense wasn't a liability today. They absolutely stuffed Miami all game long.

The point is that all of the issues we saw in the first three weeks didn't just suddenly disappear because the team won and they looked good. Just like the good things they did in Week 1 didn’t suddenly disappear because they lost two on the road.

Plenty of y'all got your panties in a bunch.
Big difference between saying a team played like sheet and saying they'll suck all year. Yup, plenty of y'all panicked.

Their predictions have not been proven or disproven yet.......you’re the one that sounds like their panties are in a bunch

Its great when a 1-2 record is surprising. The problem this year was that few were surprised by that record.

Hey this beats the 80s and 90s. Back then I was shocked as hell when they did something well

Ahhhhh, the good old daze, back when the Pats in a good year would need help from some other team to make the playoffs and it would hardly ever come.

Even in our two SB years we had the misfortune of meeting the greatest defense of all time one year and having a lame duck HC for the other.

The Patriots have displayed some concerning traits this year that they really had not displayed in previous years. The DL and LBs were being pushed around against the Jags and the Lions. In the past, that really was not the case.

Previous years, the Patriots struggled with pass defense due to poor communication and slow LB play. Both those things can be schemed or fixed. Will the Patriots fix their DL lack of physicality? Well, they did for one game. Lets keep the train rolling.

Ahhhhh, the good old daze, back when the Pats in a good year would need help from some other team to make the playoffs and it would hardly ever come.

Even in our two SB years we had the misfortune of meeting the greatest defense of all time one year and having a lame duck HC for the other.
Yep.

It takes a special fan to want to attend game when the team is 1-14.

We thought everything was squared away with the defense last year too.

"We"??

I thought that the 2017 defense was being held together with duct tape and zip ties all season and that their regular season run of success was mostly sleight-of-hand and luck (in the form of some weak offenses and QBs/OCs who could be fooled).

And I'm really tired of hearing how "they got beat by a backup QB". The 2017 Philly offense was really f**king good waaay beyond Nick Foles, from the coaches through the OL.

It was an excuse to drink during the day on Sunday.....some things never change
Very true.

Tickets we so cheap then, too. I remember walking up and $20 got me end zone seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes