PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Good Does Mac Have To Be To Get His Option Picked Up?

I quoted the applicable passage defining you as a troll. And you respond by trolling. You (1) enjoy causing drama, (2) use certain facts that are cherry picked to get negative reactions, (3) gaslight or play ignorant when called out and (3) manipulate people (or at least try to).
It's referencing criminal activity. You can't cherry pick a passage from a full explanation like that. What "serious felonies or crimes" am I trying to get you to commit?? And by you I mean the "mentally handicap individuals" referenced above. Is that what you're classifying the membership here as? Mentally handicapped? Just admit your erroneous use of the passage and be done with it.

It's referencing criminal activity. You can't cherry pick a passage from a full explanation like that. What "serious felonies or crimes" am I trying to get you to commit?? And by you I mean the "mentally handicap individuals" referenced above. Is that what you're classifying the membership here as? Mentally handicapped? Just admit your erroneous use of the passage and be done with it.

You are in denial. Just admit that BOTH Tom Brady and BB, along with almost everyone else on this message board, would be in steadfast agreement that YOU are a troll. It is indisputable; in fact, I'll bet you troll your own mother. I don't know what the clinical assessment might be -- obsessive-compulsive, addiction, whatever -- but something is wrong with you.

i.jpeg

Last edited:
You are in denial. Just admit that BOTH Tom Brady and BB, along with almost everyone else on this message board, would be in steadfast agreement that YOU are a troll. It is indisputable; in fact, I'll bet you troll your own mother. I don't know what the clinical assessment might be -- obsessive-compulsive, addiction, whatever -- but something is wrong with you.

View attachment 51337
Oh brother. You're the idiot quoting felony Internet trolling. Bottom line is it really doesn't matter what you say about me personally because you know absolutely nothing about me. You don't like what I post then fine. You can dispute it, ignore it, block it (@Ian has given you plenty of options in this regard). But whatever you choose, you don't speak for "almost everyone on this message board." There are plenty of members who agree with or otherwise endorse the content of my posts (we can see this). So carry on as you wish and I'll do the same.

Daniel Jones best season ever is worse than Mac Jones rookie year. “Higher ceiling” is code for not having an argument.

I am comparing those players at the same point in their career. You are the one who brought wins and losses into it. Interesting that you can judge players on what they became later in their career and write off the guy who wears a patriot jersey.
Their rookie seasons were similar however DJ had 3 games with 300+ yards and 4+ TDs. Mac had 0 of those. Also, DJ was finally able to get his running game going in Daboll's offense. That's an entire element absent from Mac's game. I'm not crazy about either quarterback but I probably would take DJ over Mac at this point (because of DJ's running game). That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Mac has the better 2023.

There are plenty of members who agree with or otherwise endorse the content of my posts.

Yeah, those three guys suffer from the same syndrome.

You can dispute it, ignore it, block it (@Ian has given you plenty of options in this regard).

Oh come on, why did you have to go tell dad on me? :(

What are you so angry about? Tell me something about yourself so I can understand you better. You can't be this pissed over football takes.

Yeah I don't know what's happened to him... We've PMed each other in the past about how far this team has sunk post-Brady... The others have Always had their heads up Billy's ass so no surprise there...

This is the applicable definition of a troll...

In slang, a troll is a person who posts or makes inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages online, or in real life, with the intent of provoking others into displaying emotional responses, or manipulating others' perception, thus acting as a bully or a provocateur.

Doesn't fit. And for Christ's sake, as far as inflammatory, read some of the Joker's personally fueled rants. I don't post anything even remotely close to that vitriol.

Yep... Showtime15 is the Classic definition of a troll, yet the cheerleaders here are probably a-ok with her.

Their rookie seasons were similar however DJ had 3 games with 300+ yards and 4+ TDs. Mac had 0 of those. Also, DJ was finally able to get his running game going in Daboll's offense. That's an entire element absent from Mac's game. I'm not crazy about either quarterback but I probably would take DJ over Mac at this point (because of DJ's running game). That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Mac has the better 2023.
Their rookie seasons were similar? Are you out of your mind?
D Jones team was 3-9 with him starting, M Jones team made the playoffs.
Mac had a 67.6 comp% to 61.9 and led his team to #6 in scoring while the giants were #18.
Mac Jones had 2 300 yard games and a 299.

If you say Drew Brees carrying the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL didn’t affect his ability to win games… then you’re fit for a lobotomy.

You’re also unequivocally saying “defense doesn’t matter.” Most smart people say “defense wins championships,” everybody but you apparently… to you it’s irrelevant. Smart. :notsaying:
Please show me where I said defense doesn’t matter?
You making up a counterpoint to a point I never made does not change my argument, it just shows you know you are wrong.

I will restate since your deflecting has bastardized the discussion.

Qb is the most important position on the field that contributes the most to winning or losing. Much more now than in the past because of rule changes.
Accumulating statistics is not what determines the best QBs, and by best I mean the ones that give you the greatest chance to win.
Plenty of mediocre QBs can put up numbers. Passing yards are more a function of system, play calling, playing from ahead or behind, etc than a way to rank QBs.
The best QBs are the ones that play the best when the game is one the line. Passing for 280 yards a game and winning is better than passing for 350 and losing, and often the only reason this numbers are different is how the game develops, greatly impacted by the QB play. Getting down 3 score and throwing every down against prevent defense are hollow stats.

The QB who is best when the game is in the line turns losses that you blame someone else for into wins.

All of this is even more pronounced in the post season.

If you say Drew Brees carrying the 32nd ranked defense in the NFL didn’t affect his ability to win games… then you’re fit for a lobotomy.

You’re also unequivocally saying “defense doesn’t matter.” Most smart people say “defense wins championships,” everybody but you apparently… to you it’s irrelevant. Smart. :notsaying:
By the way you conveniently left all of this out of your quote. I wonder why?

The saints had losing records in each of the 3 years you handed them championships.

Brady overcame his defense allowing 28,31,24,28,31 in 5 of the 9 games in those 3 SB post season. That’s 28.4 per game. Brees couldn’t put together a winning season for 3 years when his team was allowing 28.25 per game.
So 1 QB goes 5-0 in playoff games with a defense that allows 28.4 and the other goes 21-27 with a defense that allows 28.25. But he threw for a lot of yards so that means somehow he would win 3 SBs if they just allowed a little bit more?

Please show me where I said defense doesn’t matter?
You’ve been arguing this entire time Brees carrying the 32nd worst defense in the league wasn’t a deterrent to winning.

That’s you saying defense doesn’t matter.

Stop your BS.

For Belichick, it's all about Brady until he proves otherwise.
Yes. Although he was a great DC going back to his Giants days. Probably the best ever. But what you say about HC is going to be harder and harder to deny the longer the playoff drought continues. And that includes playoff victories.

Belichick has a grand total of ONE without Brady. Not GOAT at all.

You are in denial. Just admit that BOTH Tom Brady and BB, along with almost everyone else on this message board, would be in steadfast agreement that YOU are a troll.
Yeah, those three guys suffer from the same syndrome.
What syndrome is that? Denial of being a troll? Because you don't seem to be aware of just how dumb that take is. Like being in denial is pretty much counter to being a troll. An actual troll derives great pleasure from trolling so they can't also be denial of it. This might be worse than your felony Internet trolling theory.

Mac has to do the following to get an extension:

Be able to put together a game-winning drive

Be able to keep up and win a shootout.

The reality in this league is that even if your defense is good, you're not going to get by relying on your defense shutting down every team and giving up 10 points.

Especially with the quality of QBs, and rule changes.

The Bills had a top 5(?) defense. But guess what? Josh Allen still had to be clutch (Chiefs week 4, Lions on thanksgiving), and win some shootouts (Dolphins Week 16, Patriots week 18). His defense didn't play well every game.

Hell, Kenny Pickett from the Steelers led game winning drives 2x last season as a rookie. Tua still won high scoring games as rookie in 2020.

So Mac has to be able to do that. Patricia sucked last year, but even in games where the playcalling was good, Mac still showed some flaws (the last 2 drives against Minnesota, the last game against Buffalo).

Patricia made Mac look worse. O Brien will make Mac look better, especially on the stat sheet. But he's not going to really cover how good of a QB Mac truly is or worth keeping.

What syndrome is that? Denial of being a troll? Because you don't seem to be aware of just how dumb that take is. Like being in denial is pretty much counter to being a troll. An actual troll derives great pleasure from trolling so they can't also be denial of it. This might be worse than your felony Internet trolling theory.

No, the syndrome involves what you and a few others here do -- obsessively push the Brady vs. BB narrative, dump on Kraft, Mac, etc. and generally disparage the Patriots in the interest of appearing "knowledgeable" while condemning as "cheerleaders" those who dare offer optimistic takes.

You obviously enjoy trolling yet deny being a troll. Some trolls aren't aware of what they are, others are. Some gaslight, divert or play ignorant. You either aren't aware of being a troll or are playing ignorant, only you can answer which. Of course, you have chosen to intentionally misinterpret the linked definition from which your trolling was specified. Obviously, trolling covers a wide spectrum from simply being an obnoxious PITA on sites like this to more malicious (criminal) intent.

Last edited:
Yes. Although he was a great DC going back to his Giants days. Probably the best ever. But what you say about HC is going to be harder and harder to deny the longer the playoff drought continues. And that includes playoff victories.

Belichick has a grand total of ONE without Brady. Not GOAT at all.
Hmmm.. that’s harsh. How many has Walsh won without Montana? Lombardi without Starr? Reid without Mahomes? Sure you can bring up Gibbs or Parcells for winning with multiple qbs but defense and a running game were king back then. Btw isn’t that BB’s game plan displayed in the Hof vs the Bills?

**** yeah, Brady had a ton to do with BB’s success, you’d have to be an idiot to say otherwise. However, BB has had his own successes and failures that have contributed directly to playoff, superbowl wins and losses. As well as regular season wins that determined playoff seeding.

Especially with the quality of QBs, and rule changes.

The Bills had a top 5(?) defense. But guess what? Josh Allen still had to be clutch (Chiefs week 4, Lions on thanksgiving), and win some shootouts (Dolphins Week 16, Patriots week 18). His defense didn't play well every game.
Look at the 9ers defense and how they fell apart against the Eagles in the NFCCG after Purdy got injured. Then two weeks later the Eagles got lit up against the Chiefs with only one guy to stop which was Kelce, but they couldn't do it. The concern leading up to the Super Bowl was that the Eagles defense didn't face any competent offenses during the season.

The reality is, defenses can't be relied upon to win you games and you have to have an offense that shows up when these types of games gets out of control. I think Mac made some strides week 18 against the Bills keeping up and even taking the lead against the Bills until the mid 3rd quarter, but they ran out of gas due to the lack of talent/coaching.

We're really measuring defensive performance by points per game? What is this, 2008?
That sure seems to be the most relevant stat, no? Points scored/allowed directly, literally, correlate with winning/losing.

It’s not the only defensive stat but it’s tremendously important.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back