PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you think Brady did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gitgronked82

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Stats aside, where does this rank on his list of superbowls? My friends who aren't Pats fans (not Brady haters either) are telling me that they believe it to be one of his worst superbowls for sure. Didn't think he played especially well- ball was coming out of his hand weirdly, was mostly just finding wide open receivers, didn't make any truly impressive throws like he had in past superbowls...
What do you guys think? I thought he was quite good- any time you can move the ball with that ease against a good defense, he's doing it right. made great decisions, clearly read the D well by finding that many open targets... although he did seem to have more ducks, or at least wobbly throws, than normal

He set freaking records.

He threw for 505 yards with 3 TDs/0 INTs. The offense scored the most points ever for a losing team.

Either your friends are messing with you or you’re messing with us.

Stats aside, where does this rank on his list of superbowls? My friends who aren't Pats fans (not Brady haters either) are telling me that they believe it to be one of his worst superbowls for sure. Didn't think he played especially well- ball was coming out of his hand weirdly, was mostly just finding wide open receivers, didn't make any truly impressive throws like he had in past superbowls...
What do you guys think? I thought he was quite good- any time you can move the ball with that ease against a good defense, he's doing it right. made great decisions, clearly read the D well by finding that many open targets... although he did seem to have more ducks, or at least wobbly throws, than normal

Started off a little slow but he got hot. Your friends need to get new glasses. Unfortunately he might be the only QB in history to throw for 500 yards and 3 tds 0 ints and lose the super bowl thanks in part to a crappy defense.

How could this possibly be one of his worst Super Bowls? ****, I'd argue it was the best performance that any losing QB has ever had, and was better than than his performance in at least 3 of the 5 wins. Anyone arguing this was his worst performance is dumb as hell.

There's a ton of blame to go around for this loss, starting with Belichick, Patricia, and every single defender not named Stephon Gilmore, but exactly none of it should go to Brady.

Started off a little slow but he got hot. Your friends need to get new glasses. Unfortunately he might be the only QB in history to throw for 500 yards and 3 tds 0 ints and lose the super bowl thanks in part to a crappy defense.
He threw for the most yards by any QB in the history of 52 SBs, winning or losing.

Idk if it’s one of his best when looking beyond the stats. But he played very well

Yeah I thought he was incredible.

505 passing yards is tied for 16th most all time in ANY game (not just postseason), and 5 yards away from being in the top 10.

First QB in history to throw for 500+ yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and lose.

Led TD drives on the first three possessions of the second half against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Sure he had a few rough moments but most of them were in the first half and to be honest I put some of that on the game plan. Second half, he went full God Mode (as someone on here put it).

The fumble was brutal, but reminded me of Matt Ryan's fumble last year; hard to put too much blame on Brady for that. Shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

The defense, and not playing Malcolm Butler, cost Brady his 6th ring. If we had won, many people would be saying that was his best performance ever. What a waste.

He threw for the most yards by any QB in the history of 52 SBs, winning or losing.

That's what makes it even more remarkable and frustrating. The performance would be even more legendary had they won. Sometimes even the greats can't do it all by themselves but he was very close.

Easily best of the 3 SB losses, for sure.

It’s arguably his best SB game though it’s hard to put it above W, but unfortunately where in previous games they made the plays at the end, this time he got stripped at the worst possible time. Certainly anyone calling it a bad performance or not enough to win.....come on.

He threw for more yards in the “slow start” 1st half than in the 2nd. Yards aren’t everything, but it’s about a couple plays. If he catches the Dola pass and gets a 1st, or Cooks doesn’t try to hurdle a dude who’s standing up and just gets a 1st....BB and TB say it every week that every team is good and it almost always comes down to just a few plays. They’re right, it’s just not a sexy opinion apparently.

Idk if it’s one of his best when looking beyond the stats. But he played very well
The first and third he was an effective game manager with a very balanced team on both sides of the ball. I guess you can argue that CAR was the best out of the first three, right? I mean, they relied on him more than either of the other ones, and that was the highest output which included a comeback.

The 4th and 5th sucked. They were low scoring losses.

That leaves SEA, ATL (obviously the best), and the loss to PHI. One could easily argue that this was either his 3rd or 4th best, if we’re looking purely at Brady’s play.

Yeah I thought he was incredible.

505 passing yards is tied for 16th most all time in ANY game (not just postseason), and 5 yards away from being in the top 10.

First QB in history to throw for 500+ yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, and lose.

Led TD drives on the first three possessions of the second half against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

Sure he had a few rough moments but most of them were in the first half and to be honest I put some of that on the game plan. Second half, he went full God Mode (as someone on here put it).

The fumble was brutal, but reminded me of Matt Ryan's fumble last year; hard to put too much blame on Brady for that. Shouldn't have been in that position in the first place.

The defense, and not playing Malcolm Butler, cost Brady his 6th ring. If we had won, many people would be saying that was his best performance ever. What a waste.

You play with what got you there but BB decided to outsmart himself. I really feel he threw his defense off. I think this loss will stick with the players for awhile.

That's what makes it even more remarkable and frustrating. The performance would be even more legendary had they won. Sometimes even the greats can't do it all by themselves but he was very close.
One of my favorite Brady games is the ‘15 AFCCG in Denver. No Edelman, no running game, defense gave up early lead, etc. He was getting hit every damn play and that mother****er got up every damn time and almost pulled an impossible W out of it anyway. All things considered I guess I’d put SB52 in the same category. Minus the physical nature of the game, obviously.

No one was blaming him for the loss- it's on the defense (and bill, depending how u see it)

again, beyond the stats... they just didn't think he played well for his standards. Missed some throws, hit open ones, and didn't make any that caught your attention. Whereas last year, down the stretch, he had some ridiculous throws. Remember the deep out to dola in OT? my god.

I really didn't agree, but wanted to hear your guys' take

One of my favorite Brady games is the ‘15 AFCCG in Denver. No Edelman, no running game, defense gave up early lead, etc. He was getting hit every damn play and that mother****er got up every damn time and almost pulled an impossible W out of it anyway. All things considered I guess I’d put SB52 in the same category. Minus the physical nature of the game, obviously.
i totally agree about that game being one of Brady's absolute best. Idk if you're just saying he was ineffective, but edelman was in there... remember we threw the 2pt to him

That 40 yard pass to Gronk at the end is still one of my favorite Patriots plays, ever. Unbelievable.

That 40 yard pass to Gronk at the end is still one of my favorite Patriots plays, ever. Unbelievable.

this is gonna sound weird... but that loss was twice as crushing to me as this one. The timing after deflate gate and the fact that it was the damn broncos... i had a REALLY hard time dealing with that one

Is this a serious question? Sorry the Patriots defense allowed 41 points, but the only question is whether this was Brady’s best postseason game or his his best game overall in his career. This was as close to perfect as it gets.

No one was blaming him for the loss- it's on the defense (and bill, depending how u see it)

again, beyond the stats... they just didn't think he played well for his standards. Missed some throws, hit open ones, and didn't make any that caught your attention. Whereas last year, down the stretch, he had some ridiculous throws. Remember the deep out to dola in OT? my god.

I really didn't agree, but wanted to hear your guys' take

"They" are idiots who don't know the game, or "they" are trolls.

Stats aside, where does this rank on his list of superbowls? My friends who aren't Pats fans (not Brady haters either) are telling me that they believe it to be one of his worst superbowls for sure.l

They are either yanking your chain, don't know anything about football or both.. or as someone stated above you are yanking ours. If they were being honest Brady's harshest critic couldn't find much to fault with his performance.

Last edited:
The strip sack prevented it from being the best game by a qb ever in a Sb if not ever in the NFL
While his defense couldn’t get a stop he led his team to 4 consecutive TD drives of 90,75,75,75 and that drive would have been the 5th and ended the game.
At the least it’s the best QBs game in a loss in Sb history and maybe nfl history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back