PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you think Brady did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i totally agree about that game being one of Brady's absolute best. Idk if you're just saying he was ineffective, but edelman was in there... remember we threw the 2pt to him
God I did forget! I remember being so excited he was back for the KC game. Looked it up b/c I don’t remember him catching 7 balls against DEN at all but he did....what a grind of a game.

Brady played his ass off. He made one big mistake. His defense forced him to play perfect in order to win. I feel terrible for him.

Brady was phenomenal. He had a few not so great moments. He did drop the pass and fumbled the ball when White was open before him in the flat.

Beyond that? He was the only reason we were not blown out. Not only that but he got us the lead midway through the fourth. He set records and obliterated the Eagles defense which never had an answer. They just made a few plays coupled with a defensive meltdown from our own team.

It's really sad that they lost considering how great he played.

Brady was phenomenal. He had a few not so great moments. He did drop the pass and fumbled the ball when White was open before him in the flat.

Beyond that? He was the only reason we were not blown out. Not only that but he got us the lead midway through the fourth. He set records and obliterated the Eagles defense which never had an answer. They just made a few plays coupled with a defensive meltdown from our own team.

Still can't wrap my head with butler not playing one snap on defense. It's absurd!

Brady got rushed and threw a brainless pick in the endzone. Later in the game, he misread the MLB and threw a second pick and suddenly saw his team down 10 shortly thereafter.

That was Super Bowl 49. Tied Montana with his 3rd SB MVP. Earned it, too.

Nice how getting a little help from the D* changes perception.

Regards,
Chris

* :cough: Malcolm Butler :cough:

Not only did he throw for 505 yards, he did with Eagles consistently having long drives which means he didn't have that many possessions. He made the most out of his chances. Not once did the Pats have to punt and the running backs still had over a hundred yards rushing on 21 attempts. It was really amazing for him to rack up so many yards. The loss was not on him at all. He had a great game.

This.

We've lived Brady heroics so many times that it feels almost certain--palpable really--that there is a parallel universe where he doesn't fumble the ball and drives the field to put a dagger through the heart of another worthy foe, remapping the known world of QB records as he does it.

I want to be there.

It makes me a little misty to be honest.

Collinsworth and Nance mention TB as an MVP even if he lost, enough said, your friends are haters.

Stats aside, where does this rank on his list of superbowls? My friends who aren't Pats fans (not Brady haters either) are telling me that they believe it to be one of his worst superbowls for sure. Didn't think he played especially well- ball was coming out of his hand weirdly, was mostly just finding wide open receivers, didn't make any truly impressive throws like he had in past superbowls...
What do you guys think? I thought he was quite good- any time you can move the ball with that ease against a good defense, he's doing it right. made great decisions, clearly read the D well by finding that many open targets... although he did seem to have more ducks, or at least wobbly throws, than normal

Tell your friends that Brady's athletic processing stats were off the charts. :D

The whole world knew Brady was going to lead the team to a win in that strip sack drive. That's how dominant he was maybe his greatest game ever. He lost his WR1 as well. Sadly the Eagles defense made the play they needed and even after that series, he was still a Hail Mary completion away from tying that up after the D gave up 40 pts

Started off a little slow but he got hot. Your friends need to get new glasses. Unfortunately he might be the only QB in history to throw for 500 yards and 3 tds 0 ints and lose the super bowl thanks in part to a crappy defense.

This sums it up well. The offense was on most of the night but were not quite firing on all cylinders in the beginning couple of series. It wasn't terrible but finishing the drives was elusive (if Brady catches that ball it's probably even less of an issue -- except why the F is Brady catching passes. Dumb play call IMHO). From the final 2nd quarter possession to 2, minutes and 20 seconds left in the game the Patriots had 4 drives that all ended in TDs. The Eagle D looked unable to stop the offense. I can only remember one third and concerning distance -- otherwise everything thing was so chugging along.
And given the entirety of the ball movement and scoring drives (we missed a FG, we oddly passed on a 53 yard FG attempt that indoors I was puzzled by), the offense was clearly! not the problem (duh, obviously). My only issue with the offense is it didn't finish the next to last drive (the last drive was nothing but desperation). Yes, the Eagle player made a good play but the odds of its likelihood say it was closer to a fluke than anything. The way the Patriots were slicing through the Eagle D that drive should have ended in a TD and masked what was an awful performance by the D and largely STs too (and instead Philly would be castigating how bad their D sucked). But it didn't happen and that is that. The D sucked and that's why the Patriots lost. The D had time after time forced third downs (some of them third and long/concerning for the Eagles) but they couldn't get off the field.
And most importantly -- and this was noted pregame by me and others regarding Philly's O would move the ball between the 20s -- the D sucked as bad on their own side of the field as the Philly side of the field (the D went from bend don't break to bend then bend again then get bent over).

The first and third he was an effective game manager with a very balanced team on both sides of the ball. I guess you can argue that CAR was the best out of the first three, right? I mean, they relied on him more than either of the other ones, and that was the highest output which included a comeback.

The 4th and 5th sucked. They were low scoring losses.

That leaves SEA, ATL (obviously the best), and the loss to PHI. One could easily argue that this was either his 3rd or 4th best, if we’re looking purely at Brady’s play.

I'd take Sunday's game over the 2001, 2004, and 2014 wins. I'd place it behind SB51 just because of how insane the comeback was, and behind the Carolina Super Bowl because Brady went nuts in that game and we did win. But for the rest... he played well in all of them, but Sunday night was on a different level. Half the reason why I'm as pissed as I am about everyone else who dropped the ball is because they wasted an all-time performance by the GOAT. That performance should have gone down in the NFL history books as a headliner on the shortlist of Brady's signature games.

I'd take Sunday's game over the 2001, 2004, and 2014 wins. I'd place it behind SB51 just because of how insane the comeback was, and behind the Carolina Super Bowl because Brady went nuts in that game and we did win. But for the rest... he played well in all of them, but Sunday night was on a different level. Half the reason why I'm as pissed as I am about everyone else who dropped the ball is because they wasted an all-time performance by the GOAT. That performance should have gone down in the NFL history books as a headliner on the shortlist of Brady's signature games.
I’d have it either #3 or #4, but it was most certainly one of his top performances out of 8 SBs. I may swap out SEA and CAR, but of course I’d have ATL as #1.

Do your friends do a lot of drugs?

Stats aside, where does this rank on his list of superbowls? My friends who aren't Pats fans (not Brady haters either) are telling me that they believe it to be one of his worst superbowls for sure.

Are you friends with rob parker?

Brady played sensational. The only major mistake he made was not hitting James White who was wide open on the strip sack play. Instead Brady looked to make a bigger play on 3rd and 2.

We had 613 yards on less than 26 minutes of possession. Enough said of the offense. There were some miscues, of course, but that was expected, we didn`t play the Browns. Unbelievable. 613 yards of total offense and we lost. Cant wrap my head around that thing.

The strip sack was partly his fault, he should have checked down to White to get the first down. I also thought DA might have scored on that 50+ yarder but the pass floated a bit, and unfortunately the Pats got nada on that drive.

Still- 505 yards, 10.5 YPA and a 115 passer rating. The best of his 3 SB losses by a mile. If Brady had a game like he did against the Giants the score probably looks like the SEA-DEN Super Bowl or worse.

I thought his YPA was one of the best ever in a Super Bowl and was really surprised to find out it wasn’t even top 10.

The first and third he was an effective game manager with a very balanced team on both sides of the ball. I guess you can argue that CAR was the best out of the first three, right? I mean, they relied on him more than either of the other ones, and that was the highest output which included a comeback.

The 4th and 5th sucked. They were low scoring losses.

That leaves SEA, ATL (obviously the best), and the loss to PHI. One could easily argue that this was either his 3rd or 4th best, if we’re looking purely at Brady’s play.

I think he made more difficult throws in the previous 2 superbowls

Greatest super bowl performance of all time, should have been MVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back