PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you define "God" without religion?

If you could prove your Faith it wouldnt be Faith.

True. So it's a polite word for superstition :)

Best to know what you can know, and leave the rest in a "well, here's what I choose to believe" box. Cuz ya just don't know everything -- including the "all things are known, and have been revealed" hypothesis, as well as the "I don't know so there is no God" hypothesis.

Granted that means you have to fess up to superstition if you're religious. But you have to fess up to it if you're an atheist too.

PFnV

I cannot give you the link at this point i9n time but if you Google Counterfeit Gods-Jefferson Bethke, you will find a decent vid.

This guy has a valid definition but then fouls his nest by falling into idol worship himself.

Regards
DL

Well 'scientifically' the idea of quantum entanglement

Quantum entanglement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In terms of belief systems Taoism is pretty compatible with the concepts of modern physics.

Some Physicist had written books on the topic over the past 20 years.

There is no understanding of the real physics behind any of these ridiculous connections between quantum mechanics and Eastern religion. In each case, it involves a non-scientific mind taking a cursory look at some general aspect of quantum physics with a complete disregard of the math/science behind it, and a warping of that general aspect in order to fool people into believing some connection exists. Physicists often don't even bother to engage in these debates because the claims are so absurd, but when they do, they completely dismantle those claims.

Please do not be fooled by pop-science and/or pop-philosophy books.

There is no understanding of the real physics behind any of these ridiculous connections between quantum mechanics and Eastern religion. In each case, it involves a non-scientific mind taking a cursory look at some general aspect of quantum physics with a complete disregard of the math/science behind it, and a warping of that general aspect in order to fool people into believing some connection exists. Physicists often don't even bother to engage in these debates because the claims are so absurd, but when they do, they completely dismantle those claims.

Please do not be fooled by pop-science and/or pop-philosophy books.

Actually the book I alluded to were writen by Physicist.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back