PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How confident are you that Jones is "the guy"?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

1 (not at all) to 10 (completely), how certain are you that Mac Jones is the long-term answer at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
77% completion percentage, 2 tds and 19 straight pass completions. Most for a rookie in 40 years. Id say he's doing good. And this was against a bucks defense that was in his face all night

It's just dissapointing that we are getting this play from our rookie QB and are 1-3

77% completion percentage, 2 tds and 19 straight pass completions. Most for a rookie in 40 years. Id say he's doing good. And this was against a bucks defense that was in his face all night

It's just dissapointing that we are getting this play from our rookie QB and are 1-3
With NOOOO OL/Running game. 8 attempts: -1 yards
Against the SB champs w/Brady @ the helm.
In the rain.

Last edited:
he has the attitude and accuracy(in the short game for sure). I would like to see more 15-20 yard passes to be sure. It seems like he short arms the ball a bit.

I was always high on him but I'm still surprised how well he's done. Things to improve, but so has the rest of the team. For a kid who had 1 year as a starter in college in front of empty stands, his poise has been remarkable. Is he our starter for the next 10 years? Who knows. However, he's done very little wrong so far.

I am feeling more and more comfortable with Jones with more games I see. I am happy about BB's decision even though it did surprise me. I think Newton would do worse with this protection than Jones.

After 4 games, I am pretty confident Mac Jones will be in the NfL for at least 7-8 years. He has accuracy and acumen already, those will get honed with experience

His ceilling is still uncertain. His has to improve his footwork, has to get a better Zip on the ball and trust himself more to go downfield. All workable stuff to some degree.

Right now, I would not trade Mac for any other rookie QB this year

Last edited:
Mac showed last night he can perform in big games would like to see what he would do with a better o-line

Can someone tell me where in the 16 pages of replies that the "Mac - long-term answer" stopped being discussed? I would love to go back and read THAT

After 4 games, I am pretty confident Mac Jones will be in the NfL for at least 7-8 years. He has accuracy and acumen already, those will get honed with experience

His ceilling is still uncertain. His has to improve his footwork, has to get a better Zip on the ball and trust himself more to go downfield. All workable stuff to some degree.

Right now, I would not trade Mac for any other rookie QB this year
Did you see Trevor Lawrence last Thursday night? The guy has a rocket accurate arm and is mobile as hell. I would trade Mac for Lawrence in a nano second. Lawrence will be a top 3 qb in 2 years

Jones needs better poise, at times he looked scared, jittery when the rush is around him. His cool factor needs work, but that will get better with time and hopefully it'll give his coaches confidence to go for it on 4th and short.

Did you see Trevor Lawrence last Thursday night? The guy has a rocket accurate arm and is mobile as hell. I would trade Mac for Lawrence in a nano second. Lawrence will be a top 3 qb in 2 years
Tbh, I did not. I almost put him as an Exception tho based on raw skill alone, but you know, better to end on a emphatic note

I'd probably make that trade but I'm not as confident as you are in Lawrence. I wasn't impressed with him he looked lost. Burrow on the other hand I'd trade and add draft picks to the pot to get him, but he's not a rookie.

Jones needs better poise, at times he looked scared, jittery when the rush is around him. His cool factor needs work, but that will get better with time and hopefully it'll give his coaches confidence to go for it on 4th and short.
I sometimes wonder what game some of you are watching? What channel was your game on? Because on the channel I watched. I saw a QB 4 games into his NFL career stand in the pocket against the rush, move when he had to (more often than not) and deliver ball after ball knowing he was about to get hit. I did not see jitters. The kid moved when the rush was around him and did everything he could to make a play. A jittery QB with no "cool factor" does not take a dozen hits and complete 19 passes in a row...especially a rookie.

I sometimes wonder what game some of you are watching? What channel was your game on? Because on the channel I watched. I saw a QB 4 games into his NFL career stand in the pocket against the rush, move when he had to (more often than not) and deliver ball after ball knowing he was about to get hit. I did not see jitters. The kid moved when the rush was around him and did everything he could to make a play. A jittery QB with no "cool factor" does not take a dozen hits and complete 19 passes in a row...especially a rookie.
That was a tight games where jones needed to be perfect,he wasn't. There are always things that could be improved, and his performance when things break down is one of them. He made a lot of great throws, but threw a pick. He'll get better no doubt, but I wanna see no int when things are this tight. I also blame Bill for not going for it.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back