PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How confident are you that Jones is "the guy"?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

1 (not at all) to 10 (completely), how certain are you that Mac Jones is the long-term answer at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now that September is over . . . How confident are you that Mac Jones has the talent to lead this team for the next five years? [Obviously, I would love for it to be longer, but I'll take five years for now.]

Please note that this is intended to be purely a question of what Jones has shown in terms of his physical and mental abilities.

So far, I'd rate him an 8—he's been everything I expected, and some (but not all) of what I hoped.

Looks more of "the guy" than Lawrence, Wilson or Fields - Lance we may never find out.

Anyone thinking Mac Jones was the wrong pick go watch Justin Fields vs the Browns today. Mac might be 3-0 if he had an elite WR like Allen Robinson or a better OC

I don't think I can have any amount of confidence that he either is or isn't the guy after just 3 games. I'm not even sure we would necessarily have our definitive answer after 3 years.

I think he’s fine, but he needs better talent around him. I won’t hold my breath on that happening. This isn’t pre fantasy football where you can dink and dunk to 14 play drives, shorten games and expect to win many games.

Way too soon to judge either way. We might not even know for sure next year.

Plenty of first rounders have flamed out.

His deep ball needs a little work, but that could change with better protection and receivers

On this scale, 6.5 but I voted 7-8.

Way too soon to judge either way. We might not even know for sure next year.

Plenty of first rounders have flamed out.
True, but it's not too early to have an opinion.

Reactions: sb1
I'm still very bullish on Mac. This game changes nothing. I expected 3 INT games. Quite frankly he didn't get a lot of help.

Ask me end of next year.

Unfortunately, a lot of young QBs success are tied to how well their OCs set them up for success/failure. Mac has shown potential, but McD hasn't helped.

True, but it's not too early to have an opinion.
True. Need to see more though. I still think he’s got the reins on him no matter what anyone is saying. I think there’s a lot to be excited about at least.

I think they got the right rookie out of the group. Best fit for this system.

Looks more of "the guy" than Lawrence, Wilson or Fields - Lance we may never find out.

Disagree, Lawrence is easily better.

You wouldn't trade Mac for Lawrence if they called and offered??? I don't believe that.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back