PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honestly I am glad about the receivers for this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad wouldn't be the phrase I would use but I understand your point.

The kids have an opportunity the get some much-needed combat experience on the battlefield.

Hopefully they can rise to the occasion. If they can't....god help them.

This is the right way to think about it. Sucks that they are so thin, but one good thing that could come from it is an accelerated development and integration of the rooks.

Who do you recon bares the majority of the responsibility in developing WRs? Brady? Or is it our process as an organization in identifying legit NFL talent? The Steelers do it every year in late rounds to measure.

Not sure what "to measure" means here, but the idea that the Steelers are way out ahead on the WR drafting has been shown to be a fallacy. They've had a couple of good ones in the past decade, and just as many busts as everyone else. They do draft a lot of WR's, however.

Never should have let Almendola go.

Stupid. He knew the offense and had Bradys utmost trust.

FWIW he is on pace to have more receiving yards this season then any previous season.

Last edited:
Not sure what "to measure" means here, but the idea that the Steelers are way out ahead on the WR drafting has been shown to be a fallacy. They've had a couple of good ones in the past decade, and just as many busts as everyone else. They do draft a lot of WR's, however.

One Antonio Brown makes up for a lot of Limas Sweeds. The Patriots' issue has been failing to hit a bingo on receivers (though Edelman is always conveniently ignored in this argument), but that's basically just luck and spending 1sts on other things. Most of the best receivers in the league were 1st rounders (Jones, Hopkins, Beckham, Evans, Fitzgerald, Green, etc.). But they did hit on Gronk and Hernandez, among others...

Thanks. The interesting and most relevant number from this data to me is the catch percentage as a number of targets. That breaks down as the following:

Edelman: 68%
White: 77%
Dorsett: 62%
Gordon: 56%
Meyers: 79%
Sanu: 61%

So what I see there, for example with Meyers, is not someone who is running the wrong routes or quitting on routes, but catching more passes thrown his way than anyone else on the team. Of course, when he did run a route incorrectly last week, Brady made sure everyone on the field and watching at home knew it.
Are you implying that you think Tom Brady feels he needs to show up a rookie to make sure people watching on tv don’t think he made a bad throw? Seriously?

Are you implying that you think Tom Brady feels he needs to show up a rookie to make sure people watching on tv don’t think he made a bad throw? Seriously?
No.

Better now than to use both of them all season and have them suspended in December.

True but I was hoping brown would be benched in the super bowl

You'd think they could simplify the offense a bit to accommodate who they have to work with, but that also might put players like Edelman, Watson (also Brady) at a disadvantage. At times like this the Pats passing game might be hamstrung from being TOO sophisticated.

Just a random memory that your post brought back: "We physical, they finesse"

Not that it gainsays your thought, just funny to me, I immediately got this pre-game psych-up in my memory, I dont even remember who it was... Ravens?... saying "We physical, they finesse!"

More random associative wisdom: I read Thompkins and Dobson now and I somehow always think Rosencrantz and Gildenstern.

That is all.

So why post this?
Because it was a truthful observation of something that occurred in a Patriots game relevant to Brady and rookie receivers. But I appreciate you being the forum police of why posts are posted. You’ve got thousands more to ask about though so get cracking.

Just a random memory that your post brought back: "We physical, they finesse"

Not that it gainsays your thought, just funny to me, I immediately got this pre-game psych-up in my memory, I dont even remember who it was... Ravens?... saying "We physical, they finesse!"

More random associative wisdom: I read Thompkins and Dobson now and I somehow always think Rosencrantz and Gildenstern.

That is all.
Thompkins and Dobson actually are still alive and identified online as free agents. o_O

"My husband cannot f--king throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time."
- Gisele Bundchen Brady

"My boyfriend can."
- Daiane Sodre, Brazilian model romantically linked to Julian Edelman

Wonder where that hookup came from. But I digress. It will be nice to see who and what emerges, provided the answer isn't "nobody/nothing."

But I've recently discovered that the key to happiness is realizing that somebody else is in charge of this stuff, somebody pretty good at this stuff at that (with the possible exception of a passel of cap money going to AB. I'm not sure how that could turn out to be a good thing. However, I think if there's a character disclosure argument about AB they'd have to sue to get $ for, we could end up moving that cap space forward via a court win... I never put anything past these guys... but probably it just goes down as an oopsie.)

Anyhoo, fingers crossed, hoping for a good in-season pre-season for Harry et al.

Sorry - I cannot allow a thread like this one to interrupt my nap.

Because it was a truthful observation of something that occurred in a Patriots game relevant to Brady and rookie receivers. But I appreciate you being the forum police of why posts are posted. You’ve got thousands more to ask about though so get cracking.
So then yes you were implying that Brady tried to show up a rookie receiver so people watching at home wouldn’t think it was his fault. Otherwise you wouldn’t say he did it “for everyone watching on tv to see”.
Very bizarre characterization of the GOAT.

One Antonio Brown makes up for a lot of Limas Sweeds. The Patriots' issue has been failing to hit a bingo on receivers (though Edelman is always conveniently ignored in this argument), but that's basically just luck and spending 1sts on other things. Most of the best receivers in the league were 1st rounders (Jones, Hopkins, Beckham, Evans, Fitzgerald, Green, etc.). But they did hit on Gronk and Hernandez, among others...
People also conveniently forget Malcolm Mitchell, who had a very productive rookie season and made some huge plays in the greatest SB comeback in league history. Were it not for a degenerative knee, his arrow was clearly pointing up.

Thompkins and Dobson actually are still alive and identified online as free agents. o_O

Schrodinger's receivers. You don't know if they're alive or dead until you call their agents about a tryout. But also very Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, their careers didn't die on-stage... so how can we be sure...

Sorry - I cannot allow a thread like this one to interrupt my nap.

what if an unknown receiver emerged who you could characterize as cat-like quick?

Ha. checkmate.

So then yes you were implying that Brady tried to show up a rookie receiver so people watching at home wouldn’t think it was his fault. Otherwise you wouldn’t say he did it “for everyone watching on tv to see”.
Very bizarre characterization of the GOAT.
No, I’m stating that’s what happened.

No, I’m stating that’s what happened.
He let Meyers know he ran the wrong route is stating what happened
“So everyone in the stadium and on tv could see” is editorializing to take a shot at Brady.
Again saying it that way implies he did it BECAUSE he wanted that result. I find that foolish but if you want to try to convince people the GOAT is a self centered spoiled brat, that’s up to you, I just find it offensive, but I have said my peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back