PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hit Piece

Jimmy G would have been worth more and bringing Cam back instead of getting Fitzmagic is asinine.
He’s played like a 2nd pick in SF. You are blinded by his smile, jerk off and clear your mind.

Any chance it could have something to do with riling people up to the point that they pay attention and even talk about the show in various social media platforms?
No, people are way too mature and intelligent to fall for that kind of bs.

BB is "mean" to the media, he doesn't give them total access or answer questions that may give an opponent a competitive advantage.

The local media mostly suck, Bill Simmons nailed it long ago.

I don’t mind Felger. He is good at what he does, which is riling fans up with a derisive and snarky tone. His takes aren’t all bad either (though some certainly are).

It’s the legion of Felger wannabes in the local media that are most annoying. They pollute most of the radio shows.

I like Felger. When he is not purposely trying to rile the fanbase, he has some great football perspective. He has taught me a ton about the cap and team building. Mazz can be pretty funny too. Murray is kind of pointless. Not sure why they have carried a third guy all these years.

I like Felger. When he is not purposely trying to rile the fanbase, he has some great football perspective. He has taught me a ton about the cap and team building. Mazz can be pretty funny too. Murray is kind of pointless. Not sure why they have carried a third guy all these years.
Blasphemy!
If you seriously need to understand the cap, IR player rules, etc. follow Miguel on Twitter
and contribute to his Hartford Habitat for Humanity charity

Felger and crew are using these Patriots lean years as their limited opportunity to shiv BB mainly because Bill treats their media cohorts like the weaselly parasitic vulchers they are. And from these parasites perspective, Bill has never appeared more vulnerable. It's blood sport right now and the vulchers all want their pound of BB flesh.........as do the Captains of this world :)
The formula for tabloid sports journalism is not complicated, negativity = ratings, and the Boston market laps it up when teams are down...probably because locals have perpetual cynicism in their DNA thanks to multigeneration Saux failures that have yet to be breeded out :)

One thing I did find a bit tantalizing during the Squeaky and the Douche show was their speculation that Brady has been sending out cryptic Tweets lately in response to a soon to be released Seth Wickersham book about the Patriots. Supposedly, early copies have been sent out to certain media and to subjects in the book and our radio mediots believe Brady is not all that happy with the tone of the book.

Book release date- the week after Pats vs Bucs

Get ready for a mega-thread.

Team Bill vs Tompa & the Gronkateers: The Claws Are Out

cat fight GIF
I believe the term you are seeking is "vultures" ! :)

That explains your position on a number of topics.

Felger pretty much admits he doesn't believe half the crap he says and still people freak out over it. He is a take/content creator. He is great at what he does and is very entertaining but if you want actual sports analysis he is not who you go to. Felger is an entertainer, not a sports analyst.

Felger doesn't hide the fact that he purposely gives hot takes that he may not actually really believe because he feels it makes more interesting radio and television than toeing the party line even if that is his true feelings on a subject. I don't get how people can get upset with him when he gives one of these hot takes anymore.

My real issue with Felger (and Mazz) is that they have gotten lazy with their hot takes and a lot of them just seemed forced and desperate to generate caller rage when they come in.

Are people misreading Brady's comment about, "It's not, I have all the answers!" as a dig at Belichick? Clearly Brady meant that football is collaborative. And despite his 20 years in the game, he doesn't show up and say I have all the answers.

On the 10 PM sports show (can't remember the current iteration of the name...maybe Sports Tonight) Felger and Michael Holley just conducted the most disgusting hit job on BB that I've seen to date. Full of innuendo and Felger's specialty where he pulls something out of his ass and then proceeds to add it to his argument as a proven fact. Drafting Garappolo was an epic failure because Bill misjudged Brady's decline, trading him for a second rounder when everyone (EVERYONE) knew they could get 3 firsts for him, signing Newton to a cap friendly contract (completely ignoring that last year was clearly and obviously a year in which they were resetting the cap in preparation for this offseason and the culminating with stating unequivocally that Bill had sesettled on Cam as the starter months ago and nothing was going to change his mind. All this was in service to their argument that Bill HAS THE WORST JUDGEMENT IN THE LEAGUE! Then they dragged up a bunch of stuff that Brady just said on instagram and to Peter King about how much Brady hates Bill. (to be fair, the brady stuff /was/ pretty nasty and really doesn't (imho) reflect very well on him.

I knew Felger was a low life whore, but I entertained fantasies that Holley was at least a /little/ better than this.
I lost respect for Holley and Michael Smith. They must of had a bad time in Boston covering the Patriots because now they just take every chance they can get to bash them. Their show "Brother from Another" is horrible...they should have just called it "I hate White People"

Surprised at Holley, was he encouraging Felger or was he complicit in his silence??

All of sportstalk radio are a cesspool, often I listen to the Zo & Beetle show and get disgusted after Bertram spouts some sort of non existent controversy based on someone's tone of voice or "hidden message", it drives me nutz when either Zolak is silent or leaves the room.

Sportstalk radio is trying to replicate what has made Twitter/Facebook famous: generating false controversies and gauging popularity by how many "clicks" there are relative to that controversy... I find myself listening less and less as time goes on..
Now, Holley was on board, if anything he was the instigator. I was surprised as well. The hilarious part is, the spent a huge amount of the front part of the show ragging on Bill and how clearly his judgement was terrible, only to towards the end of the show (in a completely different segment on whether or not we're headed for another period of Loserville) declare that he was the greatest coach in the history of the NFL. I sometimes wonder how they don't get whiplash.

One thing I did find a bit tantalizing during the Squeaky and the Douche show was their speculation that Brady has been sending out cryptic Tweets lately in response to a soon-to-be-released Seth Wickersham book about the Patriots. Supposedly, early copies have been sent out to certain media and to subjects in the book and our radio.

Yeah, that was big with them in the TV show as well. They're convinced (or say they are) that the Wickersham book (conveniently embargoed so that no one can actually say what's in it) was dictated by Bill and is going to be a giant knife in Brady's back,

BB is "mean" to the media, he doesn't give them total access or answer questions that may give an opponent a competitive advantage.

The local media mostly suck, Bill Simmons nailed it long ago.

Not really competitive advantage in most cases. The extent to which injury/strategy secrecy at press conferences actually lead to a on-field advantage is fractional at best.

He does it so the media won’t stir the pot and cause internal dissension within the team. By being the ******* who only allows canned answers, reporters realize they’re getting stonewalled per Bill’s orders. It’s one reason why Bill rarely, if ever, loses the locker room.

Not really competitive advantage in most cases. The extent to which injury/strategy secrecy at press conferences actually lead to a on-field advantage is fractional at best.

He does it so the media won’t stir the pot and cause internal dissension within the team. By being the ******* who only allows canned answers, reporters realize they’re getting stonewalled per Bill’s orders. It’s one reason why Bill rarely, if ever, loses the locker room.
Which is, in its own way, another form of competitive advantage.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back