PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hit Piece

rochrist

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
On the 10 PM sports show (can't remember the current iteration of the name...maybe Sports Tonight) Felger and Michael Holley just conducted the most disgusting hit job on BB that I've seen to date. Full of innuendo and Felger's specialty where he pulls something out of his ass and then proceeds to add it to his argument as a proven fact. Drafting Garappolo was an epic failure because Bill misjudged Brady's decline, trading him for a second rounder when everyone (EVERYONE) knew they could get 3 firsts for him, signing Newton to a cap friendly contract (completely ignoring that last year was clearly and obviously a year in which they were resetting the cap in preparation for this offseason and the culminating with stating unequivocally that Bill had sesettled on Cam as the starter months ago and nothing was going to change his mind. All this was in service to their argument that Bill HAS THE WORST JUDGEMENT IN THE LEAGUE! Then they dragged up a bunch of stuff that Brady just said on instagram and to Peter King about how much Brady hates Bill. (to be fair, the brady stuff /was/ pretty nasty and really doesn't (imho) reflect very well on him.

I knew Felger was a low life whore, but I entertained fantasies that Holley was at least a /little/ better than this.

On the 10 PM sports show (can't remember the current iteration of the name...maybe Sports Tonight) Felger and Michael Holley just conducted the most disgusting hit job on BB that I've seen to date. Full of innuendo and Felger's specialty where he pulls something out of his ass and then proceeds to add it to his argument as a proven fact. Drafting Garappolo was an epic failure because Bill misjudged Brady's decline, trading him for a second rounder when everyone (EVERYONE) knew they could get 3 firsts for him, signing Newton to a cap friendly contract (completely ignoring that last year was clearly and obviously a year in which they were resetting the cap in preparation for this offseason and the culminating with stating unequivocally that Bill had sesettled on Cam as the starter months ago and nothing was going to change his mind. All this was in service to their argument that Bill HAS THE WORST JUDGEMENT IN THE LEAGUE! Then they dragged up a bunch of stuff that Brady just said on instagram and to Peter King about how much Brady hates Bill. (to be fair, the brady stuff /was/ pretty nasty and really doesn't (imho) reflect very well on him.
You can definitely argue they mishandled the Garoppolo trade (viz., that they should have traded him in the 2017 offseason).

It's much harder to say they shouldn't have drafted him. You could make a very strong argument that Brady's 2014 resurgence was because of Garoppolo.

I knew Felger was a low life whore, but I entertained fantasies that Holley was at least a /little/ better than this.
Felger cares about one thing, Felger's show. If he thinks it helps his show if the Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox/Celtics lose, he'll root for them to lose. IMO.

Felger cares about one thing, Felger's show. If he thinks it helps his show if the Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox/Celtics lose, he'll root for them to lose.
I truly don't get Felger's popularity. I'm forced to conclude that our area really IS full of the fellowship of the miserable and there are a lot of 'fans' who hate our teams.

You can definitely argue they mishandled the Garoppolo trade (viz., that they should have traded him in the 2017 offseason).

It's much harder to say they shouldn't have drafted him. You could make a very strong argument that Brady's 2014 resurgence was because of Garoppolo.
They actually doubled up, they made the argument that he should have been traded a year sooner, but also contended that the Pats obviously could have gotten more when they DID trade him.

Never bought into that. Never once do I feel Brady ever gave reason to question his motivation.

I mostly agree because Brady wants to get better every day no matter what. But I think Garapollo showing up had an overdrive effect.
If TB still calls him „that MF“ (my assumption is JAG) several years later, then I would agree JAG seems to hit a motivational touch point w TB then and now.

deleted double post

Then they dragged up a bunch of stuff that Brady just said on instagram and to Peter King about how much Brady hates Bill. (to be fair, the brady stuff /was/ pretty nasty and really doesn't (imho) reflect very well on him.
Ok, I’ll admit I’m not the most social media savvy (more in the MyFace group); but I can’t find this „stuff“ you speak of

Says the guy who chooses to watch a Felger show, gets upset with his silly opinions, and then posts about how stupid his arguments are in a popular football forum...
Indeed. Of course, when I turn in, I almost always turn it OFF again in literally seconds which isn't exactly ideal from the sponsor's point of view.

Ok, I’ll admit I’m not the most social media savvy (more in the MyFace group); but I can’t find this „stuff“ you speak of
It's new, some Instagram post, I didn't read it on Instagram because they displayed the whole thing in a graphic on the show, and then the other stuff was things he said to Peter King which may have been printed today.

As someone who listens to the show every day I don’t think you really know what you’re talking about with this. But it’s the highest rated sports show in the country by share so maybe you are listening but aren’t willing to admit it.

Here's the Peter King stuff:

“Football’s the ultimate blame game,” Brady said. “General managers, head coaches, players, quarterbacks, receivers, defense, offense. It’s so easy to blame someone else. It’s so hard to say, ‘I didn’t get the job done and we collectively didn’t get the job done.’ That’s the best part about team sports. I picked a team where everybody’s like, ‘Hey, we gotta get better.’ It’s not, I got all the answers. You guys just all screwed it up except me.’ Exact opposite way to play the game. You know? You gotta play it together.

“If you’re doing what you love doing and you’re with people you love doing it with, it’s all good. You can go to the Bahamas and play golf with the worst threesome of all time and you’re gonna have a horrible time. Or you can go to the local muni with your three best friends and have the best time. I love the guys I’m working with. This is nothing about New England. I love New England. I love the players. I love the coaches. It was magical.

According to the resident geniuses, this was all clearly a shot at Bill, and the disclaimer about New England was just because he'd realized what he'd done and chickened out.

As someone who listens to the show every day I don’t think you really know what you’re talking about with this. But it’s the highest rated sports show in the country by share so maybe you are listening but aren’t willing to admit it.
Could you translate this for me please? What don't I know?

Interesting you say this though, because according to Barrett Sports Media’s Top 20 National Sports Radio Shows of 2020, the show isn't even in the top 20 (actually, they add at the end it isn't even in the top 25).

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back