PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower out for the year with a torn pec

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I recall, teams like the Steelers were willing to go ~$10 mill while the Jets were willing to spike it up even further (and give out cupcakes).
Yes, that was my impression, also. But, a few weeks ago I heard/read from several media sources that both the Steelers and Jets had second thoughts after getting Hightower's medical records/info. So, I'm not sure what or who to believe.

There's not a single offensive threat left on the schedule until week 15. Let him rest until he can come back at full strength.

Just thinking out loud here -- how about he comes back right after the doctors clear him to play and the coaches see in practice he can play with effectiveness??

Hightower is a tough player who plays through pain so he could defy the current injury timetable.

Eh....he's kind of becoming injury prone to be quite honest.

Sterling Moore needs to be on speed dial.

I like HT. He's made big plays for us to win the super bowl and if this was Super Bowl weekend I'm sure he would have gutted it out. Every team can beat us but if you look at the long picture that's when we need him the most.

Right but Oakland and Denver are the long picture. Lose both those games and home field is gone.

Eh....he's kind of becoming injury prone to be quite honest.

Sterling Moore needs to be on speed dial.
Sterling Moore needs to be on speed dial because Hightower is injured? I don’t follow.

Need more D..
We just went through the past 2 games with only having 3 active CBs in each game, so it seems a bit odd that they’d consider bringing in an outsider right before the bye week, especially with Gilmore returning to practice and Lewis on the practice squad. That’s not even bringing a guy like Rowe into the picture, who should hopefully be able to go a couple of games after the bye.

In other words, I don’t believe that CB is anything of a need.

Starting to wonder if Jamie Collins talent-wise would have been a better fit to remain in New England. Sure, its great that Hightower makes clutch plays, but it is vital for him to actually play for the majority of the games that we play. As much as I love Hightower, we need a leader for our defense being able to play on a weekly basis so that we don't field different starters every week.

Collins has missed 3 games this season.

Dont'a Hightower shall overcome

Need more D..

Pats1989, maybe you meant Marty Moore instead of Sterling Moore? Marty may be in his mid 40s but it could be all hands on deck for the LB group :)

It seems odd saying this but the RB group may be the only group in better shape than the secondary. Both Gilmore and Rowe are at practice, though limited, and assumingly, with the BYE after the Chargers, chances are good they'll be ready for the next game after this Sunday. With no injuries this Sunday there is a good chance our cup runnith over at CB for the Denver game.

It never hurts to have the phone numbers of any available good enough players at any position. But right now the speed dial is probably reserved for unsigned JAG LBs. I think with High out we, literally, will not have enough LBs if just one gets injured (go with a 425 as the base?).

Pats1989, maybe you meant Marty Moore instead of Sterling Moore? Marty may be in his mid 40s but it could be all hands on deck for the LB group :)

It seems odd saying this but the RB group may be the only group in better shape than the secondary. Both Gilmore and Rowe are at practice, though limited, and assumingly, with the BYE after the Chargers, chances are good they'll be ready for the next game after this Sunday. With no injuries this Sunday there is a good chance our cup runnith over at CB for the Denver game.

It never hurts to have the phone numbers of any available good enough players at any position. But right now the speed dial is probably reserved for unsigned JAG LBs. I think with High out we, literally, will not have enough LBs if just one gets injured (go with a 425 as the base?).

My mistake. I didn't realize McClellin is back at practice and, if my math is right, can be activated for the Denver game.
McClellin is apt to need time to shake off the rust and he's on nobody's list as standout LB. However, I'll feel better when he is back in the mix. With High's absence. McClellin will keep the LB group depth sufficient. Of course the LB group without High is 'run of the mill' but it's gonna have to do until he returns.

I mean come on.. you have someone calling for Sterling Moore because of a HT injury. I mean what the hell ?

I think you are overlooking the obvious problem solving logic behind calling Moore because High is out:

i_hate_math_will_make_you_mad3.jpg

Gutted to say the least. Hope it's nothing to serious and he can be back for when it matters. The guy has been such a vocal point of this D again this year and we are easily a lot better when he's there.

Linebackers in the draft this year is deep. I'd be surprised if we didn't draft another HT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back