PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower out for the year with a torn pec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very frustrating to say the least...another one where you can say...Imagine if he stayed healthy? We say it for Gronk all the time..now I say it for him as well
...and yet the team has somehow managed to win two Super Bowls and make it to the AFCCG every year he has been pro

There's not a single offensive threat left on the schedule until week 15. Let him rest until he can come back at full strength.
I agree with that.
He needs to heal.

The problem is, it happens a lot...But
It is what it is.
If they need to rest him, it's worth it. IMO

The defense is better with him "on" the field.
He is the "QB" of the defense.
He is an experienced Vet with the Pats system,
And they just seem to communicate better when he is out there.

I think he and the Pats will be together for awhile.
He's BB material.

Another positive note, is the D is starting to communicate better, at a good time.
It looks like McCourty is helping a lot, himself.

It sucks when High is not there.:oops:

Very frustrating to say the least...another one where you can say...Imagine if he stayed healthy? We say it for Gronk all the time..now I say it for him as well

He's played in 84 of a possible 98 games since being drafted he is no where near Gronk in that regard.

He obviously won't be out until week 15, or anywhere near then, but my point was that given the offenses left until the Steelers game, he doesn't need to be rushed back.
None of them are "easy" offenses, especially for this Patriots defense. Hightower is needed in every game, period. BUT, he shouldn't be expected to "play hurt" until the playoffs. That goes for pretty much every starter.

He's played in 84 of a possible 98 games since being drafted he is no where near Gronk in that regard.

Not totally accurate.

Gronk has played in 79% of regular season games. 94 of 119

High has played in 83%. 72 of 87

I remember when Willie McGinest was rumored to contemplate retirement from so many injuries.

But the injuries began pecking away at him the following year. He struggled with a hamstring pull, an injured right knee, a sprained left knee, a sprained ankle. In '98, a nagging groin injury robbed him of his explosiveness and his confidence. It was the first -- but not the last -- time people wondered whether McGinest would thrive in the NFL the way the Patriots hoped he would.

String of injuries hasn't displaced McGinest as a Patriots cornerstone - The Boston Globe

She forgot bad back

Last edited:
How long we are talking about here? 4 weeks?

Latest right now on BST from Curran: significant concern with the injury. Concern that it's not a week or two injury.

Starting to wonder if Jamie Collins talent-wise would have been a better fit to remain in New England. Sure, its great that Hightower makes clutch plays, but it is vital for him to actually play for the majority of the games that we play. As much as I love Hightower, we need a leader for our defense being able to play on a weekly basis so that we don't field different starters every week.

We all knew he would not play 16 games, that's why BB (and no one else) did not pay him 14Mi/year.

We all knew he would not play 16 games, that's why BB (and no one else) did not pay him 14Mi/year.
If I recall, teams like the Steelers were willing to go ~$10 mill while the Jets were willing to spike it up even further (and give out cupcakes).

Starting to wonder if Jamie Collins talent-wise would have been a better fit to remain in New England. Sure, its great that Hightower makes clutch plays, but it is vital for him to actually play for the majority of the games that we play. As much as I love Hightower, we need a leader for our defense being able to play on a weekly basis so that we don't field different starters every week.

Defensive leaders don't freelance.

Curran's pec tear speculation scares the crap out of me. Losing him for the year would be rough.

Latest right now on BST from Curran: significant concern with the injury. Concern that it's not a week or two injury.
Howe speculates that it could be a torn pectoral muscle, in which case he’d be out for the year. Says we should be rooting for the shoulder injury, and even that will likely keep him out for awhile.

Thankfully, we’ve got the SD game and then the bye, so he’d have 3 weeks in between the injury and the next game. Fingers crossed that Howe’s speculation is off base.

I recall Collins giving up TDs to Pink Head in the conference finals while Hightower made plays that saved the Super Bowl...in two different Super Bowls. I'd trade that for missing a couple games against the Dolphins and Bills each year.

With Mayo it all started with a torn pec.

Hightower stopped Marshawn Lynch at the one yard line of the final Seahawks drive of SB49 and strip sacked Matt Ryan at the point where we needed a huge play in SB51.

Jamie Collins got beat deep on a Marshawn Lynch wheel route in the final drive of SB49 and got roasted by Owen F*cking Daniels TWICE ON THE EXACT SAME PLAY in the AFC Championship Game.

6 games of Donta Hightower is better than a healthy/lazy 16 game Jamie Collins any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back