PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

State of the Pats: READY for big games

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVOA (Football Outsiders) and ELO (538) both picking the Pats as of now.

dvoa.PNG

elo.PNG

Set the edge, don't fall asleep on the deep ball, stop receivers from running wrong route/dropping balls, and this unit is unstoappble.

Honestly, I'm more worried about the OL at this point than the DL & front 7, as long as Flowers, Brown and Van Noy stay healthy.

In fairness to Pitt, the Pats and Steelers would switch places had Baltimore held the tiebreaker over Buffalo. That's a pretty big swing on a minor technicality.

In fairness to Pitt, the Pats and Steelers would switch places had Baltimore held the tiebreaker over Buffalo. That's a pretty big swing on a minor technicality.

I think that is reflected by the CHFF Quality Standings, with NE and Pitt tied at 6-2 (see above).

Sure. But looking at M.Flowers the last games, Harrison yesterday and the return of KVN . this feels better now.

Much better. KVN is a fair 3 down player, Flowers has come a long way (but still has a ways to go), JH may have some attack! left in him. It isn’t the 80s Giants LB group but compared to a month ago it’s gone from awful to marginally decent. And it will allow MP much more flexibility in groupings and adjustment potential. Something lacking just a month ago.
We’ve got the pieces to run stop, pass cover and get to the QB at a relatively solid level. Good game plan, preparation and in game adjustments by BB/MP should make this D stingy in the playoffs.

My biggest concern is the team tends to come out flat after a bye. Last year's game vs Texans, SB LI, 2014 against the Ravens to name a few.

It is January so it was only a question of time until that silly coming flat out of BYE narrative showed its ugly head.

We are 9-2 post BYE (including playoffs) since 2012. Both of those losses (@Panthers, vs Seahawks) came with our offense in the redzone during the final moments and somewhat controversial non-calls on Gronkowski.

There are some good teams in the playoffs this year, but IMO none better than the Pats.

Of the Chiefs, Jags, and Saints, I think the Saints will give us the biggest problem.

It is January so it was only a question of time until that silly coming flat out of BYE narrative showed its ugly head.

We are 9-2 post BYE (including playoffs) since 2012. Both of those losses (@Panthers, vs Seahawks) came with our offense in the redzone during the final moments and somewhat controversial non-calls on Gronkowski.

So I won the contest? I'm the first one to point it out? Oh awesome! WHAT I ALSO SAID, TO PROVIDE SOME CONTEXT TO WHAT YOU QUOTED, was : If they come out flat against KC and spot them a 14 point lead, it's going to be a mighty large task to come back from.

It's not an attack on the team, it's a statement that if they come out flat against KC and give up some quick TD's there could be an issue.

I will say this, we got just as much a shot as everybody else and home field should help us..of course this is all based upon what we have seen to date.

The game will still have to be played next Saturday and this team will still have to show up. Brady's Achilles will need the two weeks, it is a ****ty injury that can only be so pliable. We look decent....as long as they bring the intensity. 13-3 with this roster...?...great job by the coaches who basically live at that facility all year.
On to the #NextOne...:)

So I won the contest? I'm the first one to point it out? Oh awesome! WHAT I ALSO SAID, TO PROVIDE SOME CONTEXT TO WHAT YOU QUOTED, was : If they come out flat against KC and spot them a 14 point lead, it's going to be a mighty large task to come back from.

It's not an attack on the team, it's a statement that if they come out flat against KC and give up some quick TD's there could be an issue.

That is true for any opponent so what is your point ?

Wouldn't that be an issue even on a Thursday night (i.e. only three days rest)?

That is true for any opponent so what is your point ?

No, it's not true for every opponent. If they spot the Bills or Titans 14 i'm not going to be too worried. KC, for whatever reason, has beaten us two of the last three times we've played and I think their defense will be very hard to score quickly against.

Except that the Ravens were terrible this year.

...and you can still come out looking flat after a bye and win

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes