PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hightower "GOAT hunt"

Mathieu? who, that "honey badger" chest thumping punk? Tyrann my azz...more like Tyr-ant, as in little friggin' BUG

Dude couldn’t do anything when the refs enforced the rules and flagged him for holding.

Not much into conspiracies. Bill decides when it is time and moves on. Sometimes that is a year or two early but that is what he does. Sometimes it is the players abilities, sometimes it is the players value but while he isn’t right every time, he usually is. It hurts more with Brady but no matter what some here think, Brady is going to retire in the next year or two. If he had signed a 3 year deal with the Patriots and been miserable playing on a fringe playoff team do you think he would have kept playing?

Not much into conspiracies. Bill decides when it is time and moves on. Sometimes that is a year or two early but that is what he does. Sometimes it is the players abilities, sometimes it is the players value but while he isn’t right every time, he usually is. It hurts more with Brady but no matter what some here think, Brady is going to retire in the next year or two. If he had signed a 3 year deal with the Patriots and been miserable playing on a fringe playoff team do you think he would have kept playing?

Hopefully the moves made this offseason pan out. I acknowledge that not all of them could have been made with Brady's salary on the books as opposed to Newton/Jones, but a lot of them still could be, and with them they only would have been a fringe playoff team for one year in that scenario. This team, minus let's say Judon and Smith, but with Brady at QB is still a contender. The question really was could you ask Brady to go through that transition year last year? If he's truly down to his last three, does he want to waste even a single one of them on a rebuild? He had the opportunity to go to a team that was in position for a run immediately (just needed a QB), and he took it. I don't blame him for that. But if they'd worked something out and he stuck it out through last year, they absolutely would have been right back to contention this year.

I don't want to belabor this but you know as well as I do that playing with a chip on his shoulder is an important element of his game. So, running down the field to get in a DBs face is just part of that. How good an idea it would be to do it now at his age is a different story.

Larry Bird never stopped talking trash, and Brady will never stop looking for a slight.

Yeah, and I'm fine with that. I was responding to the running the length of the field at full speed part of the original post.

With Brady this year and the upgrades on both sides of the ball they're very likely a contender to go all the way. Last year they were a fringe playoff team with Brady - they weren't even that with Cam.

Brady has already told us when he'd retire, when he sucks. Certainly didn't last year.

The gamble was not extending Brady thinking that newly drafted Jarrett Stidham would be a capable NFL prospect or a reacquired JG would be the future of the Pats. Lost that one.

The gamble was not extending Brady thinking that newly drafted Jarrett Stidham would be a capable NFL prospect or a reacquired JG would be the future of the Pats. Lost that one.
No you are wrong. They were completely in cap hell last year. They needed a down year to clean the books before they could retool. The only thing that kind of helped was the covid opt outs but they happened to late to really make a difference other than setting them up even better for this year. As far as jimmy g goes, just because many posters here wanted him, I am not sure he was ever really in the picture.

No you are wrong. They were completely in cap hell last year. They needed a down year to clean the books before they could retool. The only thing that kind of helped was the covid opt outs but they happened to late to really make a difference other than setting them up even better for this year. As far as jimmy g goes, just because many posters here wanted him, I am not sure he was ever really in the picture.

Please explain - and be specific - about how signing Thuney and McCourty (instead of Brady) for a combined $25M in 2020 was a way to “clean the books before they could retool” and how signing these two short-term veterans was to create a “down year,”

Can you be specific?

Do you even realize a Brady extension before FA would have avoided about a $12M cap hit by allowing them to defer it into 2021?

Just because you repeat your conspiracy theory over and over again doesn’t make it any less silly.

Please explain - and be specific - about how signing Thuney and McCourty (instead of Brady) for a combined $25M in 2020 was a way to “clean the books before they could retool” and how signing these two short-term veterans was to create a “down year,”

Can you be specific?

Do you even realize a Brady extension before FA would have avoided about a $12M cap hit by allowing them to defer it into 2021?

Just because you repeat your conspiracy theory over and over again doesn’t make it any less silly.
Here I can explain it simply to you. We weren't talking about Brady. I know your head is so far up his butt everything revolves back to that, but we were past that.

SB1 said the only problem was they didn't have an answer to replace Brady and they thought Stidham was going to do it. I disagreed, if Brady was gone, which we had already discussed, they had to clear up his cap hit. They were in cap hell and rather than go out and try to find a replacement for Brady, they figured to limp through last year and re access this year. Understanding that, and accepting an off year allowed them to do what they did this off season.

Here I can explain it simply to you. We weren't talking about Brady. I know your head is so far up his butt everything revolves back to that, but we were past that.

SB1 said the only problem was they didn't have an answer to replace Brady and they thought Stidham was going to do it. I disagreed, if Brady was gone, which we had already discussed, they had to clear up his cap hit. They were in cap hell and rather than go out and try to find a replacement for Brady, they figured to limp through last year and re access this year. Understanding that, and accepting an off year allowed them to do what they did this off season.

Every one of your posts references, or responds directly to, Brady, who also happems to be the topic of this thread.

Every one of your posts references, or responds directly to, Brady, who also happems to be the topic of this thread.
I was replying to SB1, can't fix your obvious lack of reading comprehension. Did you check his prostate while you were up there?

I was replying to SB1, can't fix your obvious lack of reading comprehension. Did you check his prostate while you were up there?

Whose prostate? SB1? Dude…you have some seriously twisted fantasy/delusions.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes