PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hey, Welker Fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

letekro

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Rookie linebacker covering your boyfriend Wes on third down one on one. Shut down. Game over. How you like those particular apples?

This team reminds me of the 2010 team for some reason but with a much better defense, alot of new weapons on offense and almost a complete transformation of the offense. Its been fun so far I hope we keep it going

Rookie linebacker covering your boyfriend Wes on third down one on one. Shut down. Game over. How you like those particular apples?

:confused:

Collins was beat. Manning's throw was behind Welker, which is what allowed Collins back in the play.

:confused:

Collins was beat. Manning's throw was behind Welker, which is what allowed Collins back in the play.

Please.

4 Rec. 31 yds.

Welker $hat the bed tonight and the entire nation saw it.

Three drops and a complete nervous breakdown on the panic-run-from-a-fire "punt return" in OT.

I think he is a great WR and a borderline HOF'er but, since 2007, his Achilles Heel has been getting the "yips" in the clutch. He has a history of shrinking under pressure in the fourth quarter of big games.

Last edited:
reggie-miller-choke-o.gif

Nothing he said was even remotely close to trolling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight - - 1 Rec. out of 5 targets for 5 yards over the 4th Q and OT.

Always great to read your completely erroneous troll posts... It's as if you actively strive to be wrong when you troll.

When confronted with facts, you write that?

Everyone can see it.

5 targets, 1 reception for 5 yards. And the play of the game - - a fleeing from a fire "punt return".

Sorry you cannot face a fact based post backed with data from the game and have to resort to that kind of answer.

Last edited:
Nothing he said was even remotely close to trolling.

His entire post was an attempt to troll. Carter acknowledged that he heard Welker tell him to get away. He hadn't been playing much, he'd gotten back late, and Cole had been able to push him off balance. Because he was off balance, he didn't react in time, and the ball hit him. Welker, at most, was a split second tardy in calling out the warning.

For Shmessy to call that a "complete nervous breakdown on the panic-run-from-a-fire "punt return" in OT." was clear and obvious trolling (something certainly know by him), as was his claim of 3 drops.

Trolling me like this is something Shmessy loves to do. Pointing out that he's being ridiculous while doing so is something I enjoy.

Notice his follow up, as he complete ignores the point about Manning throwing the pass behind Welker.

Like I said, this is what Shmessy does. You're welcome to play with him, if you wish. I've got to get a couple of hours of sleep.

His entire post was an attempt to troll. Carter acknowledged that he heard Welker tell him to get away. He hadn't been playing much, he'd gotten back late, and Cole had been able to push him off balance. Because he was off balance, he didn't react in time, and the ball hit him. Welker, at most, was a split second tardy in calling out the warning.

For Shmessy to call that a "complete nervous breakdown on the panic-run-from-a-fire "punt return" in OT." was clear and obvious trolling (something certainly know by him), as was his claim of 3 drops.

Trolling me like this is something Shmessy loves to do. Pointing out that he's being ridiculous while doing so is something I enjoy.

Notice his follow up, as he complete ignores the point about Manning throwing the pass behind Welker.

Like I said, this is what Shmessy does. You're welcome to play with him, if you wish. I've got to get a couple of hours of sleep.

My post was completely on-subject and fact-based. After the 3rd quarter he had 5 targets, 1 reception for 5 yards. And the play of the game - - a fleeing from a fire "punt return". It is what it is.

Your unprovoked personal attack response can only engender one question:

U Mad, Bro?

Last edited:
Welker takes blame for botched punt return | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

"......I just felt like there was a lot of traffic, it was a high ball, basically didn't want to get into a situation where somebody's running into me or anything else, and ended up with a situation that I didn't want to happen in the first place," Welker said. "I gotta do a better job of getting up there and getting those guys out of the way, and making sure it doesn't hit them."

Welker said he could have yelled "Peter!" -- the indication to get away from a punted ball -- sooner and possibly avoided the fateful play.

"I gotta get to him earlier and tell him, and get those guys out of the way if I'm not going to make the catch," Welker said. "I was a little bit in between and you can't be that way......"

I'm still not one to prefer either Amendola or Edelman over choosing to retain Wes Welker for another couple of years, and I shudder at the thought of them not choosing to up their offer to 2/11 (which I think would have been enough to keep him here, especially with more year one guaranteed money than DEN's offer) when he approached them with the Broncos offer one last time.

That said, I also think that he performed rather poorly tonight with the 4/31/0 line, and more specifically the 1 out of 5 in crunch time fourth quarter/OT line. The punt return gaffe certainly made his night look that much worse. I don't think there is any debating that myself. It isn't surprising that Belichick did everything in his power to try and shut him down, and I think that Arrington and co. did a very fine job tonight.

Welker said he could have yelled "Peter!" -- the indication to get away from a punted ball -- sooner and possibly avoided the fateful play.

(rubs hands together maniacally)

I'm guessing that we may all have a brand shiny new nickname for one White Wes Welkah come tomorrow morning.

"Peter" it is! Or as you'd all say up in the N.England area--"Petah"

(rubs hands together maniacally)

I'm guessing that we may all have a brand shiny new nickname for one White Wes Welkah come tomorrow morning.

"Peter" it is! Or as you'd all say up in the N.England area--"Petah"

I like Wes, and very much appreciate what he did for the Pats while he was here.

His yips in the clutch are every bit as painful to watch as Ridley's struggles holding onto the ball.

These folks are still humans.

Not Belichick...he's GOD...yup...I said it...sosueme

I like Wes, and very much appreciate what he did for the Pats while he was here.

His yips in the clutch are every bit as painful to watch as Ridley's struggles holding onto the ball.

These folks are still humans.

I like Welker very much too. I wish him the best. I am pretty much just saying it tongue in cheek in an attempt to be humorous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick