Is this a catch?

• Yes

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • RLKAG,O2

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
In a 45-7 rout the Pats were "LUCKY!!!"?...now I know why you're called Simpleton...

In a 45-7 rout the Pats were "LUCKY!!!"?...now I know why you're called Simpleton...
and I know why you're called Joker.

Because you're not any more funny than the original.

The refs blew the call and we got one. "luck" is the right term. and why that's the hill you decide to die on when every good result has an element of luck to it is beyond me. Seems to me you have a problem you should get help with.

This is literally incorrect. if the ground knocks the ball loose in your hands it's an incompletion on plays like this. The rulebook is pretty clear on this one.

The refs blew the call. You don't see me complaining but facts are facts. Every now and again we get one, we got lucky that time.
You and one other guy manage to get the call wrong, dig in and die on this hill, why?

The ball can move when hitting the ground. He doesn't lose control of it

after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.

Notes:

1. Movement of the ball does not automatically result in loss of control
End of discussion

and I know why you're called Joker.

Because you're not any more funny than the original.

The refs blew the call and we got one. "luck" is the right term. and why that's the hill you decide to die on when every good result has an element of luck to it is beyond me. Seems to me you have a problem you should get help with.
yeah..I keep forgetting to NOT reply to unabashed football morons like you. You should go out in public and scream how the Patriots were "lucky" to win their last home game 45-7.

You and one other guy manage to get the call wrong, dig in and die on this hill, why?

The ball can move when hitting the ground. He doesn't lose control of it

after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.

Notes:

1. Movement of the ball does not automatically result in loss of control
End of discussion
Yeah except he literally didn't "perform any act common to the game" so that clause of the rulebook is moot. I mean in the very page of the NFL rulebook you cited you deliberately ignored the very next clause.

2: If a player, who satisfied (a) and (b), but has not satisfied (c), contacts the ground and loses control of the ball, it is an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground before he regains control, or if he regains control out of bounds"

It comes down to what you think you saw, but it's been the ruling forever that if the ground knocks the ball loose in your hands, that's an incomplete pass.

I mean quite frankly you could even make the case that as the ball is knocked loose by contact with the ground and Henry slides onto the white paint before it stops moving, he "regained control out of bounds."

Yeah except he literally didn't "perform any act common to the game" so that clause of the rulebook is moot. I mean in the very page of the NFL rulebook you cited you deliberately ignored the very next clause.

2: If a player, who satisfied (a) and (b), but has not satisfied (c), contacts the ground and loses control of the ball, it is an incomplete pass if the ball hits the ground before he regains control, or if he regains control out of bounds"

It comes down to what you think you saw, but it's been the ruling forever that if the ground knocks the ball loose in your hands, that's an incomplete pass.

I mean quite frankly you could even make the case that as the ball is knocked loose by contact with the ground and Henry slides onto the white paint before it stops moving, he "regained control out of bounds."
No you can't, literally everyone else saw a catch. The refs, the Browns, the Patriots didn't even hurry to the line. 86% of the people on this forum. Of the 7 that didn't vote yes, 4 voted for Ray Lewis killing a guy. I dont think anyone is even questioning it on the Browns forums. You would think the fans of a beat down would pick that up, but no, you are all alone yelling into the dark about how right you are. Might want to rethink your life strategy

I've been through tons of scenarios where the groupthink is wrong. that never bothers me and never should bother you.

I've been through tons of scenarios where the groupthink is wrong. that never bothers me and never should bother you.

It's funny how I show conclusive evidence that Henry's fingers were UNDER the ball and people like you still claim it wasn't a catch. You're delusional. And it has nothing to do with "group think". It has to do with you ignoring reality.

No you're right, everyone that does this for a living is wrong and you're right, how could I have been so blind?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back