Is this a catch?

• Yes

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • RLKAG,O2

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't, but I doubt there is enough video evidence to overturn the call on the field. :whistle:

Why? Or we have run out of things to discuss?

What is clear is that the LB whacks his left arm before the ball arrives preventing him from securing with 2 hands. So PI or catch.

Last edited:
I would’ve been fine if it was ruled a non-catch. It’s one of those calls you don’t really overturn the initial call.

If that's not a catch, the Eagles should have one less ring and the Patriots should have one more ring.
*one fewer ring

- The Grammar Police

I thought it hit the ground with no hand underneath when i saw it the first time.

Guys why are we still debating this, it's over. It was a catch. The ball can hit the ground, as long as he maintains control. Case closed. The folks who keep bringing this up need to check their fragile egos, admit they were wrong and move on. There's better things in life than nit picking one play in a 45 point route

Guys why are we still debating this, it's over. It was a catch. The ball can hit the ground, as long as he maintains control. Case closed. The folks who keep bringing this up need to check their fragile egos, admit they were wrong and move on. There's better things in life than nit picking one play in a 45 point route
Did you watch the video? The ball bounced off the ground out of his hands.

Did you watch the video? The ball bounced off the ground out of his hands.
Yes I did, he had control and possession to the ground, the ball can move when it hits the ground as long as the pass catcher maintains control. It's a catch. The ground didn't help him maintain control and it didn't make him lose control. Get over it dude, it's a catch. The refs thought it was a catch, Cleveland thought it was a catch, 80+% of people here think it's a catch. Not sure why you've chosen this hill to die on there buddy

more of a catch than a few of the TD’s the Eagles scored in the SB against us.

Definitely a catch.

Ill watch the video later to confirm though, if i get some time

Who cares. The Pats won by 5 TDs.
Nonsense! Overturning this play would have demoralized the Patriots causing an unbelievable chain of events that would have turned the game completely around.

No one is posting slow motion replays of this catch but 4/5 are saying it was good based on memory.

Now that you can see the slow-mo replay, what do you all think? Was Henry able to heroically overcome the ball bouncing off the ground (see picture below) to maintain control?

View attachment 37614

Please feel free to record your apologies below.

Catch all day long....why?Because the refs said it was.

No one is posting slow motion replays of this catch but 4/5 are saying it was good based on memory.

Now that you can see the slow-mo replay, what do you all think? Was Henry able to heroically overcome the ball bouncing off the ground (see picture below) to maintain control?

Please feel free to record your apologies below.

How pathetic is it that you felt the need to post this BS thread despite being schooled in the Post game thread over this subject. The STILL shot doesn't show what you think it does. And neither does your video. And it certainly doesn't change the rule that applies.

Here are stills from YOUR video. You can see his middle finger and ring finger are UNDER the ball. So, NO. The ball didn't hit the ground.

1637026135602.png1637026447060.png

1637026742127.png
You were wrong in the post game thread and you're wrong now.

Feel free to eat crow..

EDIT: P.S. The your still shot only shows a black space under the tip of the ball. That's what happens when someone has finger under it..

Could a mod please LOCK this thread after Jlaff posts his apology to everyone?

Last edited:
Ball is loose in his hand and the ground made it move. I don't think that was a catch. Possibly not enough to overturn if the ruling on the field was a catch but--- yeah, that doesn't look like a catch to me.

This is just about the same thing the Steelers were wetting themselves over a few years back with the Jesse James "catch" that was called back in 2018. If that wasn't a catch than neither is this.

Frankly I don't think the outcome of the play was significant enough to challenge but a challenge might have been successful. if I don't want that call going against the Pats when another team makes that "catch" then I can't call it a catch when Henry does the same thing.

How pathetic is it that you felt the need to post this BS thread despite being schooled in the Post game thread over this subject. The STILL shot doesn't show what you think it does. And neither does your video. And it certainly doesn't change the rule that applies.

Here are stills from YOUR video. You can see his middle finger and ring finger are UNDER the ball. So, NO. The ball didn't hit the ground.

View attachment 37666View attachment 37667

View attachment 37669
You were wrong in the post game thread and you're wrong now.

Feel free to eat crow..

EDIT: P.S. The your still shot only shows a black space under the tip of the ball. That's what happens when someone has finger under it..

Could a mod please LOCK this thread after Jlaff posts his apology to everyone?
Come on, you can't prove jack with a still frame on a play like this. It's 100% about whether he survived the ground. That still frame would mean something if Henry had run with the ball but this is a leaping catch, he's got to survive the ground before any of it counts, and quite frankly, I saw the ball move as he hit the ground.

Again, Henry isn't a runner here. He's a receiver. he went airborne to get the ball and the rules are 100% crystal, he has to survive the ground. And in my honest opinion, he probably didn't. Ball was loose in his hands and the ground made it move.

The Pats are super lucky the refs missed this one. We caught a break.

Yes I did, he had control and possession to the ground, the ball can move when it hits the ground as long as the pass catcher maintains control. It's a catch. The ground didn't help him maintain control and it didn't make him lose control. Get over it dude, it's a catch. The refs thought it was a catch, Cleveland thought it was a catch, 80+% of people here think it's a catch. Not sure why you've chosen this hill to die on there buddy
This is literally incorrect. if the ground knocks the ball loose in your hands it's an incompletion on plays like this. The rulebook is pretty clear on this one.

The refs blew the call. You don't see me complaining but facts are facts. Every now and again we get one, we got lucky that time.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back