PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy Jestivus Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So great to be among friends on such an important day of the year!

For the uninitiated reader, Jestivus is the day that occurs each year when either a Pats' victory or Jets loss eliminates the Jets from contention for the AFC East Division title. It can happen on a Sunday, Monday, or Thursday, normally in late November or early December, although in unusual years it has fallen late in December. The normal celebration for Patriots fans is to raise a glass in a toast to the current administration and coaching of the Jets. The normal celebration for Jets fans is unfortunately NSFW and therefore not described in this family-friendly posting.

Although not scientifically possible Jestivus day is said to occur after week 6 in mid October.

Doesn't Jestivus day happen when whichever JAG they have playing QB throws his first INT (1st Quarter, WK1) and proves that they have a JAG at QB yet again and have no chance?

How do we celebrate this ...

Green Beer
Broccoli Avocado Dip
Pea Soup
Honeydew Melon

They are still in this thing I think.

see a shrink...krist, how paranoid are you anyway?

How do we celebrate this ...

Green Beer
Broccoli Avocado Dip
Pea Soup
Honeydew Melon
Green beans. Green bean casserole at Thanksgiving is a good way to celebrate Jestivus. I always give thanks for not being a fan of that scumbag franchise.

Green Eggs and Spam...Jets Insider

They are still in this thing I think.

Not for the division title.
The day that they are eliminated from playoff contention altogether is a different holiday.
Joker has responsibility for reminding us on that day.
I've just got this one.

TONs of JETS fan in the stadium

alg_jets_rex_ryan.jpg

see a shrink...krist, how paranoid are you anyway?
Who? Not paranoid at all. They are still technically alive for the playoffs. Maybe not for the division title. So I guess the holiday would make sense if so. Makes more sense to celebrate them out of the playoffs.

Not for the division title.
The day that they are eliminated from playoff contention altogether is a different holiday.
Joker has responsibility for reminding us on that day.
I've just got this one.
OK celebrate away.

Oakland and Jacksonville are "officially" eliminated, I'm pretty sure it is mathematically impossible that for all the 7 win teams in the AFC to lose the remainder of their games (as they all play each other), so yes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Jets are officially eliminated from playoff contention, before they take the field in week 11. Great work Rex, hopefully we will see you again next year leading the Jets!

When I saw the thread title I assumed it was related to celebrating the anniversary of the Butt-Fumble.

Just think, the lucky fans got to travel to Detroit to see it happen.

Don't forget to celebrate Jestivous with the official song of the holiday "I Like Big Butts".

I bet they'll still play the pats tough. Relatively speaking.

So great to be among friends on such an important day of the year!

For the uninitiated reader, Jestivus is the day that occurs each year when either a Pats' victory or Jets loss eliminates the Jets from contention for the AFC East Division title. It can happen on a Sunday, Monday, or Thursday, normally in late November or early December, although in unusual years it has fallen late in December. The normal celebration for Patriots fans is to raise a glass in a toast to the current administration and coaching of the Jets. The normal celebration for Jets fans is unfortunately NSFW and therefore not described in this family-friendly posting.

This is one of my favorite posts of the year

I prefer to think of Jestivus as the day the jets are eliminated from the playoffs.

So happy Jestivus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back