PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hackenburg visiting Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worry about him or worry that the jete have a clue?

I dunno, you seemed to be pretty worried about him (rightfully, I might add) as a player before the Pats worked him out...

If you want Paxton Lynch, Bryce petty or hackenburg you should ask someone to educate you on qbs.

You owe me a keyboard for the coffee I spit on it when you listed hackenberg as a good player.

...I wonder what changed? :rolleyes:

The $1.5M is guaranteed salary next year. If they can trade him that goes away.
Not according to Over the Cap. It says that his 2018 salary is around 900k, with a dead cap hit of 1.5m and a net loss of 500-600k.

Obviously, a trade could prevent that, but we are talking about him being cut.

Hackenburg is a five star talent coming out of high school. He had a decent college career. He has all of the measurable’s. If he can be properly coached, he could become a decent quarterback.

A big 10 quarterback with a decent but not overly impressive resume. I wonder how we would be talking about the 199th pick of the 2000 draft?
I have been a fan of Hackenburg since he was a senior in high school

Must be some science project bringing him. Probably going to dissect him like a frog to see what happens to players after they go to the Jets and ruin their careers.

Hackenburg is a five star talent coming out of high school. He had a decent college career. He has all of the measurable’s. If he can be properly coached, he could become a decent quarterback.

A big 10 quarterback with a decent but not overly impressive resume. I wonder how we would be talking about the 199th pick of the 2000 draft?
Agree I would take him and Paxton Lynch over Hoyer and Etling

Agree I would take him and Paxton Lynch over Hoyer and Etling

Hackenburg needs some good coaching. For me, he is likely to be worth carrying a 3rd QB.
The risk is small.

Your first paragraph shows the massive distinction between Hackenburg and Brady.

Brady was never highly recruited, he was always the underdog and had to fight for everything he has earned since high-school, throughout college, and ultimately into the NFL. Hackenburg was a high-school phenom, very much sought after during the recruiting process, and then expected to be a college star. There's quite a distinction there.

If it were up to me I would take him or any strong arm QB project to replace noodle arm Hoyer.
If Brady suffered a serious injury Hoyer is not capable of getting the ball downfield.

So if we're going to carry 3 QB's I would carry 2 young ones that maybe can develop. Belichick's building a strong backfield to help Brady and also that is our backup plan to win games if Brady suffers a serious injury. Hoyer impressed nobody during OTA's ... let that sink in a bit.

Your first paragraph shows the massive distinction between Hackenburg and Brady.

Brady was never highly recruited, he was always the underdog and had to fight for everything he has earned since high-school, throughout college, and ultimately into the NFL. Hackenburg was a high-school phenom, very much sought after during the recruiting process, and then expected to be a college star. There's quite a distinction there.

That’s my point. Two very different beginnings But more recent similarities... there could be potential there with Hackenburg that could be realized if given the right opportunity and coaching.

Last edited:
I think it's amazing to watch the overreaction on threads like this every time any scrub QB visits New England. You know that all the scrubs are doing the rounds trying desperately to latch onto a team or at least a practice squad. This is a thing that happens every year. I'm sure NEP hosts a dozen QBs or more over the offseason to work them out and see what they have.

Completed less than 60% of his passes in college.

This is the key:

“Teams must determine if his inaccuracy is innate or a product of the beatings he's taken, and then determine if he's shell-shocked or able to round back into form” .....with good/great coaching.

2016 NFL Draft Profile: Christian Hackenberg

Dak Prescott. Having him here would've made the trading of Grop easier to swallow.
He will be failed and sitting on the bench somewhere by the time Brady retires or shortly after.

I think it's amazing to watch the overreaction on threads like this every time any scrub QB visits New England. You know that all the scrubs are doing the rounds trying desperately to latch onto a team or at least a practice squad. This is a thing that happens every year. I'm sure NEP hosts a dozen QBs or more over the offseason to work them out and see what they have.

Yeah. It's crazy how fans get legitimately offended when their team kicks the tires on a player they happen to believe has no future.

I feel BB looking at Hackenberg is just kicking the tires in case Hoyer winds up being as bad as some people say he is. The Pats need a legit #2 QB behind TB12 and if it isn't Hoyer, someone with NFL experience is a must.

I feel BB looking at Hackenberg is just kicking the tires in case Hoyer winds up being as bad as some people say he is. The Pats need a legit #2 QB behind TB12 and if it isn't Hoyer, someone with NFL experience is a must.
Due dilligence if he blew it up at the tryout he would of been inked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back