PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guess who's coming back to the Pats this season? (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
all this arguing is useless as we dont know the physical status of each player. The fact that Mitchell is being evaluated this week and we havent heard anything in regards to VV leads me to believe he is farther along and most likely to be activated pending his physical.

To be honest, the return of malcolm brown will help alot more with the run defense than VV.

This is a hard call. I’d love to have him back but the argument that we need a defense guy is a valid point

Odd comment that a 320lb DT can’t “generate a pass rush consistently” since such a player has never existed.
Valentine will help the run d, which helps the pass rush by putting them in longer form and distance situations and has shown ability to bullmrysh and collapse the pocket.

Not sure what you think a 320 lb DT Is expected to do or could be capable of.

We’re excepting nose-tackles, right?

I read you as saying a 320 lb DT has never existed, and I immediately thought of 2 who were heavier, both NTs. From the huh I assume I misread you, & 320 seems low to call a unique specimen.

I read you as saying a 320 lb DT has never existed, and I immediately thought of 2 who were heavier, both NTs. From the huh I assume I misread you, & 320 seems low to call a unique specimen.
No. A 320 lb DT who can generate a pass rusher consistently has never existed.

Because VV is good but not THAT good.

Brown is a superior player. He will help more than VV.

They still had problems with edge and gap control.

Raider o line is good.

They played 6 dbs yesterday.

They will not overcome the High loss

I see the run D improving but not by much

The question ( like Gronk last season) is will the HT loss be enough to derail a SB run? I'm not being nagative. I'm legitimately asking.

The question ( like Gronk last season) is will the HT loss be enough to derail a SB run? I'm not being nagative. I'm legitimately asking.
We were a Gronk better than anyone else last year.
We appear to be a Hightower and an edelman better than anyone else this year.

Who knows

Rooting for the Pats is like watching the Walking Dead. Pointless to get all that attached to all but a handful of players.

Wow. :eek:

You'ave gotta be the saddest, most miserable Soul on this Planet. :eek:

How can being a Patriots Fan be anything but a source of incalculable joy???
huh.gif

Good luck. o_O

Can't even grasp a simple analogy? Another child who just wants to pick fights. Sad

I don't pick fights. I've long since divested myself of the time-gobbling cost of Cyber Quarrels. Debris such's yourself aren't worth the time. But when something is outrageously ridiculous, such as your post, I occasionally comment.

Yes. The analogy was obvious. And you're obviously very proud of it, hence your defensively lashing out at my contemptuous dismissal of it.
th_coffee.gif

Just because I found it idiotic didn't mean that I didn't understand it.
spock.gif

It just meant that I find your lame attempt to draw a comparison between rooting for the hard-working, dedicated Gladiators who represent New EngLand on the Field of Honor ...and characters on a Zombie Soap Opera...pathetic.
icon_razz.gif

Man must wage war upon Man. It is the nature of all Beasts.

Sports are Man's way of waging War between regions with minimal Casualties.

It's one crucial evolutionary step in our species of which I am especially proud. I am not sure that mankind as a whole entirely grasps its substitutive power consciously, but this means of channeling and perchance sating our warlike instincts in satisfying yet far less horrific ways speaks emphatically in our favor...and fills me with Hope for our collective Future.

But Casualties, there are...And because every Gladiator who straps on a helmet puts himself at mortal risk, his decision, while undeniably made with full understanding of the risk and for his own gain...deserves respect.

And the Gladiators who've played under Coach Bill The Mad (Genius) ere the last 17 years and counting have collectively displayed a previously unheard of dedication to excellence...and to each other...and thus to their Fans.

So, yes: I find your dismissive attitude, which compares these Gladiators who place their health at risk in pursuit of Glory and Immortality, Glory and Immortality which their true Fans share in, to characters on that Zombie Soap Opera, characters who risk nothing but ratings...a bit flaccid.
icon_razz.gif

I don't pick fights. I've long since divested myself of the time-gobbling cost of Cyber Quarrels. Debris such's yourself aren't worth the time. But when something is outrageously ridiculous, such as your post, I occasionally comment.

Yes. The analogy was obvious. And you're obviously very proud of it, hence your defensively lashing out at my contemptuous dismissal of it.
th_coffee.gif

spock.gif

It just meant that I find your lame attempt to draw a comparison between rooting for the hard-working, dedicated Gladiators who represent New EngLand on the Field of Honor ...and characters on a Zombie Soap Opera...pathetic.
icon_razz.gif

It's one crucial evolutionary step in our species of which I am especially proud. I am not sure that mankind as a whole entirely grasps its substitutive power consciously, but this means of channeling and perchance sating our warlike instincts in satisfying yet far less horrific ways speaks emphatically in our favor...and fills me with Hope for our collective Future.

But Casualties, there are...And because every Gladiator who straps on a helmet puts himself at mortal risk, his decision, while undeniably made with full understanding of the risk and for his own gain...deserves respect.

And the Gladiators who've played under Coach Bill The Mad (Genius) ere the last 17 years and counting have collectively displayed a previously unheard of dedication to excellence...and to each other...and thus to their Fans.

So, yes: I find your dismissive attitude, which compares these Gladiators who place their health at risk in pursuit of Glory and Immortality, Glory and Immortality which their true Fans share in, to characters on that Zombie Soap Opera, characters who risk nothing but ratings...a bit flaccid.
icon_razz.gif

You are wasting you precious time with that poster. He is the most sensitive , holier than thou poster on this board.

Have a good T-Day bro.

Well, if it derails their Super Bowl run the same way Gronk’s injury did then they win another Lombardi.

Can't even grasp a simple analogy? Another child who just wants to pick fights. Sad

Wrong.

The child is the “fan” so spoiled that they compare watching the Patriots win to “the walking dead.” As Grid said you are one miserable sob.

th_coffee.gif

spock.gif

icon_razz.gif

icon_razz.gif

You are wasting you precious time with that poster. He is the most sensitive , holier than thou poster on this board.

Have a good T-Day bro.

Thanks, Brother Rob. It was very well, and I hope that you and yours had fun.

Honestly, I wasn't trying to wake'm up or anything ~ I wouldn't presume to persuade others of my views. I only share what's on my mind, aware that everyone decides for themselves in their own good time...and if my perspective in any small way helps others develop or refine their own, I consider that an Honor.

Those comments were really for anyone who felt it worth their time to read it...But I also find that the very act of writing ~ or'f speaking ~ helps me develop my own perspective...So when The Muses speak in my ear, I tend to let it flow, disirregardless of the context or who incited my response. :p

Great to have some prime OTG for breakfast!

Let's hope you are correct in your optimistic view on the value of football as a healthy channel for aggression and tribalism.

th_coffee.gif

spock.gif

icon_razz.gif

icon_razz.gif

Great to have some prime OTG for breakfast!

Let's hope you are correct in your optimistic view on the value of football as a healthy channel for aggression and tribalism.

Hah hah!! Thank ye kindly for your kind words, Brother Better!!
beer.gif

all this arguing is useless as we dont know the physical status of each player. The fact that Mitchell is being evaluated this week and we havent heard anything in regards to VV leads me to believe he is farther along and most likely to be activated pending his physical.

To be honest, the return of malcolm brown will help alot more with the run defense than VV.
A few weeks ago people were saying since we are hearing about valentine and not Mitchell then valentine is obviously the one to be activated.

Soon we will all learn that what we hear means nothing because what we hear is a random small piece of the real story.

“holy mackerel“ Dorsett sighting..

btw - Dorsett does get open . like w Allen its not (all) on him .
if you'd be a QB and you had one of Cooks, Gronk, Hogan, Dola, White open play after play and then Dorsett as well - who would you go to?
if you'd be OC and had Gronk, Cooks, Dola, White, Burk available besides Dorsett (or any late addition WR) who would you scheme for first read?

The second part is dead on.
The first is only a result of the second. When Brady gets to Dorsett in his progressions and Dorsett is open he is absolutely getting the ball.

This concept that Brady plays favorites has been wrong for a long time.
Brady reads progressions and hits the open man. He isn’t passing up an open receiver to hope a lower progression is open (by play design lower options are less likely to be open).
Receivers who aren’t getting passes from Brady are because of play call and their slot in the progressions and because the good receivers on the team get open a lot and are earlier progressions.

It used to crack me up when people would say brady locked in on Welker or moss or Edelman or Gronk.
Those guys are the best players so they are primary or secondary on a hell of a lot of play calls. They also wee really good at getting open. Brady’s job is look at primary and throw if he is open, then secondary, third, right down the line.
Brandon Lloyd got a crapload of targets when he was here. Brady was not a big fan of Brandon Lloyd but play calls had him early in progressions and he got open. Whether he caught the ball or not or flopped to the ground after he did Brady kept throwing when he was the progression and was open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes