PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guess who's coming back to the Pats this season? (Maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to thread hijack but I find it interesting that Brady is a big Elon Musk fan on Instagram.

I'm not surprised. Musk is a Revolutionary, as is Brady!!
beer.gif

He is much better than rjf

If VV is 100% no question. If hes 80% is a toss up.

and than the 2017 version of branch

Yea Branch this year has been a disappointment. VV needs to be 100% for this to be fact.

and would be an upgrade over guy

I think Guy has been pretty good vs the run this year. VV is more stout no question.

or butler when they play inside also.

I like him but I tend to agree VV at 90% would be an upgraded on the run D over Butler

Valentine was as good as Mitchell last year in his role.

Tough to compare but no question they both had very good rookie years.

You are slowly convincing me VV would be the more prudent selection.

As far as I'm concerned Malcolm does not exist until I see him on the field. He's been hurt since he got her. I expect nothing from him. Anything we get is a pleasant, unexpected surprise. Done thinking about him.

I promise you that neither he nor anyone of value has every spared a thought for you.

Sweet God, what a wretched, dark, miserable existence you must lead. :oops:

If Valentine could generate any sort of pass-rush, I'd agree with him being the priority. So for now, I think Mitchell might be better, since Dorsett has been a disappointment so far (0 catches since his first game)

No has mentioned but Ricky Jean-Francois had a good game against Oakland.
He made one gorgeous clothesline tackle and was generally holding his own against a good OL (although I think they were with a few subs). For a non-starter, he's above average IMO.

Malcolm should return soon, too so they can keep the players fresh with a nice 3 men rotation(And that doesn't include A.Butler and Flowers, who sometimes line as DT.)

VV says hello..

Vincent Valentine rose to the occasion for Pats' D

“holy mackerel“ Dorsett sighting..

btw - Dorsett does get open . like w Allen its not (all) on him .
if you'd be a QB and you had one of Cooks, Gronk, Hogan, Dola, White open play after play and then Dorsett as well - who would you go to?
if you'd be OC and had Gronk, Cooks, Dola, White, Burk available besides Dorsett (or any late addition WR) who would you scheme for first read?

You go by progressions. If Dorsett is the next progression and is open he gets the ball.
Being open but having an earlier progression also be open and get the ball neans nothing.
The variables are who is which progression on the play call (obviously we aren’t calling a lot of plays where Dorsett is the first, second or even third progression) as well as “open” having a bit different definition for different players.

If VV is 100% no question. If hes 80% is a toss up.

Yea Branch this year has been a disappointment. VV needs to be 100% for this to be fact.

I think Guy has been pretty good vs the run this year. VV is more stout no question.

I like him but I tend to agree VV at 90% would be an upgraded on the run D over Butler

Tough to compare but no question they both had very good rookie years.

You are slowly convincing me VV would be the more prudent selection.
Not being able to stay in nickel as a base vs running teams worries me.
The biggest strength of this defense is the secondary which is among the few best in the NFL. But no secondary can be effective with only 4 dbs any more.
So if we stay in nickel and ar constantly facing 2nd and 4 or 5 Abdullah’s 3rd and 2 or 3 it stresses the defense. If we go to 43 to combat that we are susceptible to TE/slot/rb passes in first down.
Defense is often a House of cards. If one piece craps out it affects everything.

I’d rather have brady throwing more to RBs and TEs than find out we can’t deend the run in nickel. So far this year that has been the biggest lingering worry I’ve had.

Report is he will be evaluated this week. Stay tuned.
He is scheduled to be evaluated this week and is "getting better, for sure," according to someone close to him and familiar with his progress. Whether that progress results in him being the player designated to return from IR will ultimately be up to the team.

Not being able to stay in nickel as a base vs running teams worries me.
The biggest strength of this defense is the secondary which is among the few best in the NFL. But no secondary can be effective with only 4 dbs any more.
So if we stay in nickel and ar constantly facing 2nd and 4 or 5 Abdullah’s 3rd and 2 or 3 it stresses the defense. If we go to 43 to combat that we are susceptible to TE/slot/rb passes in first down.
Defense is often a House of cards. If one piece craps out it affects everything.

I’d rather have brady throwing more to RBs and TEs than find out we can’t deend the run in nickel. So far this year that has been the biggest lingering worry I’ve had.

As I think about it more, you are 100% correct that VV is the better choice.

I don't want to be too overconfident but as long as they play their game the Pats are going to the Super Bowl.

In that SB they will play either NO or Philly. Both teams have strong running games and very good passing offenses.

vs those teams it is CRITICAL NE stays in nickel and stop the run w 5 and sometimes 6 in the box.

Too bad Bill wasted a Return designation on the (now that hopping over the Long Snapper isn't allowed) useless Shea McClellin.

Whether or not VV is needed much more than MM depends entirely on what exactly the story is with Hogan.

It's much harder to plug an off-the-street WR into the NE offensive system than to plug an off-the-street DL into the NE defensive system.
As I think about it more, you are 100% correct that VV is the better choice.

I don't want to be too overconfident but as long as they play their game the Pats are going to the Super Bowl.

In that SB they will play either NO or Philly. Both teams have strong running games and very good passing offenses.

vs those teams it is CRITICAL NE stays in nickel and stop the run w 5 and sometimes 6 in the box.

Great point.

Best for rookies, but it doesnt mean it's good... And since that, he managed to get 0 additional sacks throughout the whole season. He is very slow, even Adam Butler can get to the backfield faster

Valentine can't generate pass-rush consistently. He'd be a rotational, 300lbs pound Run Stuffing Lineman that is recovering from an knee injury. Even if he came back, I seriouslyquestion how much production we would got.

Best for rookies, but it doesnt mean it's good... And since that, he managed to get 0 additional sacks throughout the whole season. He is very slow, even Adam Butler can get to the backfield faster

Valentine can't generate pass-rush consistently. He'd be a rotational, 300lbs pound Run Stuffing Lineman that is recovering from an knee injury. Even if he came back, I seriouslyquestion how much production we would got.

week 11

AFCCG

V. Valentine: 6'4, 329, 5'19, 1.77 (combine)
Adam Butler: 6'4, 293, 5'23, 1.82 (pro day)

VALENTINE
Combine Invite:
Yes
Height: 6035
Weight: 329
40 Yrd Dash: 5.19
20 Yrd Dash: 2.99
10 Yrd Dash: 1.77 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 29
Broad Jump: 09'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.59
3-Cone Drill: 8.03

A.BUTLER
Height:
Weight: 293
40 Yrd Dash: 5.23
20 Yrd Dash: 2.94
10 Yrd Dash: 1.82 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
Vertical Jump: 28 1/2
Broad Jump: 08'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.90
3-Cone Drill: 7.51

Odd comment that a 320lb DT can’t “generate a pass rush consistently” since such a player has never existed.
Valentine will help the run d, which helps the pass rush by putting them in longer form and distance situations and has shown ability to bullmrysh and collapse the pocket.

Not sure what you think a 320 lb DT Is expected to do or could be capable of.

week 11

AFCCG

V. Valentine: 6'4, 329, 5'19, 1.77 (combine)
Adam Butler: 6'4, 293, 5'23, 1.82 (pro day)

VALENTINE
Combine Invite:
Yes
Height:
Weight: 329
40 Yrd Dash: 5.19
20 Yrd Dash: 2.99
10 Yrd Dash: 1.77 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 17
Vertical Jump: 29
Broad Jump: 09'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.59
3-Cone Drill: 8.03

A.BUTLER
Height:
Weight: 293
40 Yrd Dash: 5.23
20 Yrd Dash: 2.94
10 Yrd Dash: 1.82 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
Vertical Jump: 28 1/2
Broad Jump: 08'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.90
3-Cone Drill: 7.51
Some folks do not appreciate they are completely different players. If healthy and playing his best, VV markedly improves the interior DL. He has a rare combination of size and speed.

I promise you that neither he nor anyone of value has every spared a thought for you.

Sweet God, what a wretched, dark, miserable existence you must lead. :oops:

What are you, his mother? Wow! For someone to be triggered to spew that nonsense by what I wrote they would have to have some serious issues. Keep projecting though. You amuse me.

Wow. :eek:

You'ave gotta be the saddest, most miserable Soul on this Planet. :eek:

How can being a Patriots Fan be anything but a source of incalculable joy???
huh.gif

Good luck. o_O

Can't even grasp a simple analogy? Another child who just wants to pick fights. Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back