PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guess the draftees rookie numbers

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
So, I know it’s very trivial, and not really a big deal, but for me personally, I always like when the Pat’s draftees get their REAL jersey numbers, I also like to guess what numbers they will be issued. Here’s my guesses.

1) Jones- #10
2) Barmore- #70
3) Perkins- #52
4) Stevenson- #46
5) Mcgrone IR, won’t get a # yet
6) Bledsoe ditto
7) Sherman- #63
8) Nixon- #82

Stevenson was the toughest to guess. Not a lot of numbers available in the 20s to 40s

I'll go by conventional numbers, but remember they don't have to be in the range we think anymore.

Jones - 10
Barmore - 72 (Cajuste won't make the team)
Perkins - 52
Stevenson - 39
McGrone - Agree, on IR
Bledsoe - on IR
Sherman - 74
Nixon - 83 (Lacosse won't make it. Do PS players get numbers?)
Nordin - 3

This is what I expect to see later this week, but many of these will change week 1 because there really just isn't much to choose from right now, so some are assigned "by default":
  • Jones - 10 - perhaps the only easy one
  • Barmore - 68 - right now, his only options (without doubling up with an offensive lineman's number) are 62/68/70
  • Perkins - 3 - maybe 51 if McGrone doesn't get a number due to injury, otherwise there's just about nothing to choose from so doubling up with Nordin
  • Stevenson - 35 - literally the only number between 1-49 that wasn't taken by a player already (including others on this list)
  • McGrone - 51 - another case where it's the only option
  • Bledsoe - 34 - doubling up with Gaffney, who is the least likely player on the roster to make the 53 by far
  • Sherman - 70 - would be choosing from the 2 numbers Barmore didn't want
  • Nixon - 82 - yet again, this is literally the only option in the allowed range
  • Nordin - 3 - assuming we're not taking Gostkowski's number out of circulation
You can see it's a real mess. Maybe we get surprised by seeing one of them take #11; not sure what the team/Edelman want.

Tl;dr: Whatever numbers we see later this week, expect them to change again in September.

Nordin - 3 - assuming we're not taking Gostkowski's number out of circulation

I think other than 12, there won't be any numbers off limits on this team. Gost was great, but if you took the number of every "great" player who's come through here, you'd have nothing left. 54 wasn't off limits and Bruschi was better than Gost. 24 wasn't off limits, and Law was better than Gost. Hell, Adam Vinatieri was a more important kicker for this team historically, and we let Jarrett Stidham have his number.

I think other than 12, there won't be any numbers off limits on this team. Gost was great, but if you took the number of every "great" player who's come through here, you'd have nothing left. 54 wasn't off limits and Bruschi was better than Gost. 24 wasn't off limits, and Law was better than Gost. Hell, Adam Vinatieri was a more important kicker for this team historically, and we let Jarrett Stidham have his number.
Long term, this is true, but we're already seeing the team not re-assign 87 (except for that one Devin Ross tryout after which he was assigned a different number) for multiple seasons. I expect a similar moratorium on giving out 11.

Whether Gostkowski even deserves the Gronk/Edelman treatment, that's a different discussion (he probably doesn't).

Long term, this is true, but we're already seeing the team not re-assign 87 (except for that one Devin Ross tryout after which he was assigned a different number) for multiple seasons. I expect a similar moratorium on giving out 11.

Whether Gostkowski even deserves the Gronk/Edelman treatment, that's a different discussion (he probably doesn't).
It's more like "not giving it out right away" rather than "never giving it out again."

FWIW, they can double up on numbers in the preseason (e.g., a RB and a DB both wearing 30) as long as they're not on the field at the same time. And obviously numbers will change: Gunner was given #9(!?!?) in the preseason his rookie year before getting #80.

It's more like "not giving it out right away" rather than "never giving it out again."

FWIW, they can double up on numbers in the preseason (e.g., a RB and a DB both wearing 30) as long as they're not on the field at the same time. And obviously numbers will change: Gunner was given #9(!?!?) in the preseason his rookie year before getting #80.
That's what I meant by moratorium.

And yeah, we already have doubles on the roster. #45 for example is both TE Wells and CB Jackson.

So, I know it’s very trivial, and not really a big deal, but for me personally, I always like when the Pat’s draftees get their REAL jersey numbers, I also like to guess what numbers they will be issued. Here’s my guesses.

1) Jones- #10
2) Barmore- #70
3) Perkins- #52
4) Stevenson- #46
5) Mcgrone IR, won’t get a # yet
6) Bledsoe ditto
7) Sherman- #63
8) Nixon- #82

Stevenson was the toughest to guess. Not a lot of numbers available in the 20s to 40s
I’m hoping Perkins takes something like 9 or 2.

Eight replies and not a single mention of "tight" numbers. SMH. PatsFans has really gone downhill.
The problem is all the available numbers are extraordinarily loose.

As long as nobody gets the cursed #17, I don't really care.

Jones-12

it would be the most BB thing ever!!!

It would be hard for Jones to throw a good spiral while carrying the weight of those ENORMOUS BRASS BALLS.

Eight replies and not a single mention of "tight" numbers. SMH. PatsFans has really gone downhill.
I was at work d%#*!@t!!!! I’m gonna tell ya’ll right now. 46 for Rham and 70 for Barmore ain’t tight at all.

What if Mac just sticks with 50 if allowed by the league.

Looks like jah hit it with 4 correct ....next closest was Sicilian with 2 and then Scott 99 with one.....All 3 got Jones with #10 correct.....

Looks like jah hit it with 4 correct ....next closest was Sicilian with 2 and then Scott 99 with one.....All 3 got Jones with #10 correct.....
Barmore screwed me over, I guessed 70, and I was right for about a month.

I might not be a football genius, but I am a jersey numbers genius.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back