PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guess the 5 cuts following the game

Nixon not at practice today. Wonder if he is one of the 5. Don’t remember him getting injured on Thurs.

I would've waived Devin Ross before Marvin Hall... We now officially have Zero NFL speed at WR besides Agholor...
It's ok. Getting Julio for a song changes everything.

Oh, wait....

I would've waived Devin Ross before Marvin Hall... We now officially have Zero NFL speed at WR besides Agholor...
Tre Nixon is theoretically as fast as Agholor. Anyone know what's up with him? He's not practicing - injury? I know he got #87 (same as the Ernie Adams pick Givens), so maybe that tiny speck of sentimentality in BB is gonna keep Nixon in.

Interesting that we've only heard of 4 so far. Makes me think maybe the last transaction is to move an injured player to a reserve list.

Okay the title says it all after the first 2 preseason games the teams must cut 5 players. Who are they?

I will go with:

Terez Hall
Marvin Hall
Alex Redmond
Dee Virgin
Yodnay Cajuste

What say you. Interesting game to play. Not fun watching anyone cut, but we have to get to 53 eventually.

The Patriots have already made 4 cuts in Marvin Hall ,Rashod Berry, Jerald Hawkins, and David Wells.

Tre Nixon is theoretically as fast as Agholor. Anyone know what's up with him? He's not practicing - injury? I know he got #87 (same as the Ernie Adams pick Givens), so maybe that tiny speck of sentimentality in BB is gonna keep Nixon in.

I would really like to see Tricky Tre compete vs the Fecals... I should also mention that Kris Wilkerson does indeed have NFL speed, though he still might be more quick than fast... He just doesn't have NFL hands.

Last edited:
I would really like to see Tricky Tre compete vs the Fecals... I should also mention the Kris Wilkerson does indeed have NFL speed, though he still might be more quick than fast... He just doesn't have NFL hands.

Looks like you are right. Didn't position himself well or fight through contact on the toss in the end zone. Also I have read about drops in practice.

Maybe I have missed the post but who was the 5th cut or was someone put on IR/PUP?

There’s move #5. May need to open up another spot to re-sign Wells since he’s probably the only available TE who can step in and play on Thursday.

There’s move #5. May need to open up another spot to re-sign Wells since he’s probably the only available TE who can step in and play on Thursday.

This all but guarantees Devin Asiasi will be the only Patriots tight end available Thursday night. Doubt we'll see Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith or Matt LaCosse in that game.

Tre Nixon is theoretically as fast as Agholor.
So are:
1. Lamont Marcell Jacobs, Italy (9.80 seconds)

2. Fred Kerley, United States (9.84)

3. Andre De Grasse, Canada (9.89)

4. Akani Simbine, South Africa (9.93)

Doubt any of them get open versus NFL defenses much less catch a thrown football consistently.

This all but guarantees Devin Asiasi will be the only Patriots tight end available Thursday night. Doubt we'll see Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith or Matt LaCosse in that game.

thought I saw that Jakob Johnson was putting in time in TE roles during play-practices.

I would hope so. Who did we have at practice? Asiasi and Johnson? I guess that one of the OT's could have lined up at TE.

I think that's what I heard and likely how they're going to piece it together tonight. Asiasi in his normal role, Johnson and a 6th OL filling in most of the rest, and MAYBE some 4 WR looks with Harry being sort of TE-Lite.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back