PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guess the 5 cuts following the game

sturmrider

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Okay the title says it all after the first 2 preseason games the teams must cut 5 players. Who are they?

I will go with:

Terez Hall
Marvin Hall
Alex Redmond
Dee Virgin
Yodnay Cajuste

What say you. Interesting game to play. Not fun watching anyone cut, but we have to get to 53 eventually.

WR Devin Ross
TE David Wells
OL R. J. Prince
LB Harvey Langi
S Malik Gant

I'll probably feel differently in about 4 hours. I just went with guys who didn't sign until more recently because it might indicate they were a lower priority.

WR Devin Ross
TE David Wells
OL R. J. Prince
LB Harvey Langi
S Malik Gant

I'll probably feel differently in about 4 hours. I just went with guys who didn't sign until more recently because it might indicate they were a lower priority.
Good idea, I just went with the ones I haven't heard too much about at camp.

WR Devin Ross
TE David Wells
OL R. J. Prince
LB Harvey Langi
S Malik Gant

How many tackles was Langi credited with? IIRC he had 4 by halftime.

I don't know stats but i think he also had some badly missed tackles and blown coverages (If it was the right number, I'm not familiar with them rn)
Think I noticed he made a few and missed a few tackles , not sure if he will make the 53 but could get on the PS ?

Think I noticed he made a few and missed a few tackles , not sure if he will make the 53 but could get on the PS ?
Yeah maybe PS is a good spot for him, depending on the other LB performance like Hall Maluia etc I guess. I do not know how much they are able to play ST, I guess that will matter as well

They could probably cut 10 right now without batting an eye.

I doubt Cajuste is one, though. I thought he was okay last night.

They could probably cut 10 right now without batting an eye.

I doubt Cajuste is one, though. I thought he was okay last night.
I wasn't able to evaluate the OL much, would you say he was the best out of the guys competing for that last spot (Cajuste/Cunningham/Sherman)? Come to think of it, I don't even remember seeing Sherman at all. Definitely remember hearing the announcers talk about Cunningham getting beaten though.

I wasn't able to evaluate the OL much, would you say he was the best out of the guys competing for that last spot (Cajuste/Cunningham/Sherman)? Come to think of it, I don't even remember seeing Sherman at all. Definitely remember hearing the announcers talk about Cunningham getting beaten though.
I don't really know - wasn't even sure of the numbers. When I figured out who he was, I don't recall him getting beaten. That was against 2nds and 3rds, though.

Looks like Harvey Langi was ruined by three years with the Jets.

I know it was only one game, but these guys have a very small window to state their case. I seem to remember him as being a much better player when he was with the Pats the first time.

Looks like Harvey Langi was ruined by three years with the Jets.

I know it was only one game, but these guys have a very small window to state their case. I seem to remember him as being a much better player when he was with the Pats the first time.

Langi had a strong rookie camp/preseason with us and made the 53, but didn't do much after that point. I don't think the problem is that he got worse; I think he just never got better. The ceiling was never much higher than the floor.

Langi to PS is attractive because if HT or Bentley get hurt, he can immediately fill in as a knowledgeable, mediocre ILB.
But his ceiling isn't high enough to justify a PS position.
So a dilemma.

WR Devin Ross
TE David Wells
OL R. J. Prince
LB Harvey Langi
S Malik Gant

i thought Langi and Gant played well in their roles.

Gant made a good play on ST making up for terrible kickoff coverage by the other 10 guys in the unit, not sure how he did at safety, but that backup secondary as a whole did not impress me. Langi appeared to me like the kind of linebacker we see every preseason registering tackles after getting pushed back more than a few yards; someone has to make the tackle, even on a bad play (unless it's the worst play). Sometimes that guy does make the team though, and we barely have any bodies at ILB.

Meh, I can easily name 30 guys to be cut right now....

I am interested in the bubble/fringe cuts....they are gonna be painful...

Langi looked like he played well if you just looked at the stat sheet but he was terrible on coverage and whiffed on a couple of tackle. The most obvious whiff occurred near the sideline in the second half….instead of stopping the back for no gain, he got his ankles broken, leading to an 8-9 yards gain for Washington’s offense.

Okay the title says it all after the first 2 preseason games the teams must cut 5 players. Who are they?

I will go with:

Terez Hall
Marvin Hall
Alex Redmond
Dee Virgin
Yodnay Cajuste

What say you. Interesting game to play. Not fun watching anyone cut, but we have to get to 53 eventually.
Why would you cut Cajuste?
He has recovered from his injuries and made it to the field. He could be one of the biggest surprises to the depth of this team. It’s not like we are loaded with backup OTs.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back