PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronkowski Apologetic, But Frustrated Over "Crazy" Calls After the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, he'll get a hefty fine but there's no way he gets suspended.

We should have a pool going. No chance Gronk gets off with no suspension. My big concern is that he gets two games, but that the wheels of NFL justice turn so slowly that by the time he gets the suspension, it's late in the week, and then he appeals, and then they don't hear the appeal until after the Monday night Miami game, and then they reduce it to one, but it's for the Steelers game.

And please don't anybody say that this can't possibly happen. You all damned well know it could.

There's no way Gronk isn't getting suspended. The NFL already has its official shill, Peter King, out in front pre-selling the suspension. I'm sure they've told King what's coming.

Gronk is gonna get the maximum suspension that the NFL can dish out for this hit.

If he played for another team, since it is his first cheap shot perhaps not. But Goodell has a clean shot to stick it to the Pats he will not let this opportunity get away.

Gronl gets officiated differently than other players. He was held all the way down the field then shoved to set up the Int. That shouldn't be tolerated either. But he did react and deliver a cheap shot, so he will get fined and suspended. You have to control your emotions.

IMO a game suspension would be warranted. Kraft should talk to his 'partners' about how Gronk is mistreated by the officials. Reminds me of how teams would maul Shaq and get away with it since he was more physically dominating that those he played against.

If he plays Buffalo he will be subject to some players diving at his knees to injure him.

so..there ARE Gronk Rules where YOU can grab and hang on to all parts of his body for 5, 10, 15, and 20 yards downfield, push OFF from YOUR hold and intercept the ball. Nice. Wish the league had informed US of this rule change

Oh I think the league* has made this rule change abundantly clear.

As for you guys worrying that the league* will delay so a one-game suspension affects the pixburgh game, you’re thinking small. He got in a fight once in the Seattle SB. Out for the season.

Oh I think the league* has made this rule change abundantly clear.

As for you guys worrying that the league* will delay so a one-game suspension affects the pixburgh game, you’re thinking small. He got in a fight once in the Seattle SB. Out for the season.

And he threw a guy "out of the club" (his words) during the regular season that year. This is strike 3. He'll be gone for a long time.*

*This post may contain some sarcasm.

I actually think some of it depends on how injured White from the Bills is. If its a minor injury, maybe the penalty won't be as bad. AJ Green only got fined, no suspension. I don't think the other guy was injured.

I want Gronk suspended for awhile. I said 3 games in a couple other threads, I think that's absolutely fair. As a Pats fan it would be unfortunate, but the source of that misfortune would be Rob Gronkowski losing his mind. The league would be absolutely justified in a 3 game suspension, they absolutely can not get away with just a slap on the wrist here.

Targeting a defenseless player while he's on the ground is something they do not dare to tolerate, and contact with the head adds a "kicker" that will make them take it even more seriously. A little bad luck at the wrong time and White's career could have ended last night. You have to do something about that, even if the guy who did it has a clean record. The NFL has to protect its players from this kind of cheap shot.

Long and short of it is, I think we'll see Gronk again after Christmas.

I want Gronk suspended for awhile. I said 3 games in a couple other threads, I think that's absolutely fair. As a Pats fan it would be unfortunate, but the source of that misfortune would be Rob Gronkowski losing his mind. The league would be absolutely justified in a 3 game suspension, they absolutely can not get away with just a slap on the wrist here.

Let me get this straight - you want gronk suspended?

He isn’t getting more than 2 games, most likely 1.

Let me get this straight - you want gronk suspended?

Yes. Because if someone did something like that to a Patriot, I'd want THEM suspended.

I'm a fan, but I'm not a blind homer. Sometimes justice needs to be done even if it's to your guy.

Targeting a defenseless player while he's on the ground is something they do not dare to tolerate, and contact with the head adds a "kicker" that will make them take it even more seriously. A little bad luck at the wrong time and White's career could have ended last night. You have to do something about that, even if the guy who did it has a clean record. The NFL has to protect its players from this kind of cheap shot.

Three games would be ridiculous when you consider what the NFL has allowed both Suh and Burfict to get away with in the past. I could see a fine. I could MAYBE see one game. Three games? You're out of your mind.

Three games would be ridiculous when you consider what the NFL has allowed both Suh and Burfict to get away with in the past. I could see a fine. I could MAYBE see one game. Three games? You're out of your mind.
Suh and Burfict are players whose job is to fight on the line. Linemen and linebackers are required to be very physical and a lot happens between players on the line that is let go that wouldn't be at any other position.

Since Gronkowski is neither a DL nor an LB, what they let go from the linemen is not relevant. He's a big physical guy, but he's playing a skill position and is usually playing against fast linebackers and defensive backs. It would be absurd to let Gronk get away with the same kind of physicality in the TE position playing against cornerbacks and safeties as Suh and Burfict do against offensive linemen and running backs. Besides which, both Suh and Burfict are repeatedly penalized anyway despite being held to a much lower standard due to the job they do. It's a terrible comparison.

That and, to put it quite bluntly, Suh stomping on a guy and Burfict getting into fistfights are actually LESS bad than what Gronk did to White. Again, there's no comparison.

Suh and Burfict are players whose job is to fight on the line. Linemen and linebackers are required to be very physical and a lot happens between players on the line that is let go that wouldn't be at any other position.

Since Gronkowski is neither a DL nor an LB, what they let go from the linemen is not relevant. He's a big physical guy, but he's playing a skill position and is usually playing against fast linebackers and defensive backs. It would be absurd to let Gronk get away with the same kind of physicality in the TE position playing against cornerbacks and safeties as Suh and Burfict do against offensive linemen and running backs. Besides which, both Suh and Burfict are repeatedly penalized anyway despite being held to a much lower standard due to the job they do. It's a terrible comparison.

That and, to put it quite bluntly, Suh stomping on a guy and Burfict getting into fistfights are actually LESS bad than what Gronk did to White. Again, there's no comparison.

Do I even have to bother dismantling this post or can you re-read the first paragraph and realize how ridiculous the entire premise of the above is?

Congrats, that may be the first dislike I have given on the forums. Not only for the comment, but I've seen this promotion from you in other threads (so gratz of being consistent, but calling it a slap on the wrist for 3 games...not to mention they tend to hand out suspension in even numbers - if greater than 1).

You should mention the culpability of the league in treating Gronk differently. It's been too many years for it not to be an intentional calling by the refs.

Congrats, that may be the first dislike I have given on the forums. Not only for the comment, but I've seen this promotion from you in other threads (so gratz of being consistent, but calling it a slap on the wrist for 3 games...not to mention they tend to hand out suspension in even numbers - if greater than 1).

You should mention the culpability of the league in treating Gronk differently. It's been too many years for it not to be an intentional calling by the refs.

The refs are a completely separate issue. It's irrelevant to the question of punishment because nothing the refs did forced Gronk to flip his wig and target a helpless player. I'm sure a lot of players who pulled a dangerous cheap shot felt justified at the time. That's absolutely immaterial and if Gronk brings that up at the appeals hearing after his 3 game suspension, you can bet it will not play out in his favor.

this might be the dumbest thing i've read in here in a long time, including a season full of GDT's

Because you're being stupid and talking out your ass.. That's why it's funny. There is no way that could be considered assault and battery. Just stop while you're behind..

Please change your name from Simpleton as it's insulting to Simpletons everywhere.

TE is NOT considered a "skill" position the way WR and RB are.
If you bothered to actually know anything about FB, you'd know that a TEs primary job is to fight on the line.

You're claim that Suh stomping on a defenseless player on the ground is "LESS bad than what Gronk did to White" shows how pathetically ignorant you are. Unfortunately for you, the comparison is legit. Much more so than anything you've bothered to offer.

BTW, I think it's telling that a stand-up guy like Larry Fitzgerald says that Gronk shouldn't be suspended.
Why Rob Gronkowski’s Suspension Didn’t Sit Well With Larry Fitzgerald

So…I guess you're, like, funny on multiple levels then...

016539b9ebe6a5a38bfd384f75d1b1dbc1e99c02f2eeb2a126a8a14b3f5836e0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick