Gronkowski Apologetic, But Frustrated Over "Crazy" Calls After the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Gronkowski Apologetic, But Frustrated Over "Crazy" Calls After the Game

Ian Logue

Rob Gronkowski isn't known as a player who loses his cool, and after Sunday's game he wasn't pleased with himself for letting his emotions get the better of him.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Doesn't matter how frustrated he is. In all likelihood, he cost his team another weapon against Miami. Need to control your emotions. Chances are Buffalo will have nothing to play for on Xmas eve. They will probably be out to end Gronks season.

Yeah, I figured Gronk was frustrated, but it was a dirty hit and BB sitting him was a good idea. Plus, I'm sure he'll get the message from BB and later the league office.

Glad he manned up. But, this little moment will cost him some money and potentially a game (better not be more).

And, I was seeing the same things Gronk was seeing. What does a defender have to do to him for the refs to throw a flag? He seems to be getting the Shaq treatment going on for years now.

Doesn't matter how frustrated he is. In all likelihood, he cost his team another weapon against Miami. Need to control your emotions. Chances are Buffalo will have nothing to play for on Xmas eve. They will probably be out to end Gronks season.
“Gronk, we will break you!”

What I was confused by is that the replay showed Gronk running by a flag that was on the ground long before his Elbow drop on Tre'Devious White. I went back and watched the replay twice to make sure I wasn't imagining it. So, what was THAT flag for? Why wasn't it called in the litany of calls on that play???

In fact, when you look on the NFL Website, you can see it on the ground at the 21 second mark of their replay:

Rob Gronkowski: Refs are calling 'craziest stuff' on me

Thank you, DaB. I tried to get through to the howling "lynch him!" mob post game. Corrente completely "fixed" the decision post play. The overiding penalty was the initial PI ON Gronk that obviously was not called...even though, as you saw, it WAS called.The geneis of this controversy BEGINS with the questionable refereeing.

Thank you, DaB. I tried to get through to the howling "lynch him!" mob post game. Corrente completely "fixed" the decision post play. The overiding penalty was the initial PI ON Gronk that obviously was not called...even though, as you saw, it WAS called.The geneis of this controversy BEGINS with the questionable refereeing.

Umm.. The Ref was Steratore, not Corrente. Defensive Holding is what should have been called because it was clear that White held Gronk two different times. However, that occurred AFTER they ran by the flag that was on the ground..

The Penalties called on that Play were all AFTER the play. One on Gronk, One on Amendola, One on Micah Hyde. Those "off-set" each other. Then Hughes got called for mouthing off to one of the officials.. That was the only penalty enforced.

However, as is CLEAR in the replay, there was a flag thrown before Gronk went 5 yards. The area that it was in should have meant it was a defensive penalty and been a free play for the Pats. That would have negated the PI..

The OPI you're referring to was on a different play.. And was a BS call because Gronk didn't push off at all.. Even Romo said it was a horrible call.

Umm.. The Ref was Steratore, not Corrente. Defensive Holding is what should have been called because it was clear that White held Gronk two different times. However, that occurred AFTER they ran by the flag that was on the ground..

The Penalties called on that Play were all AFTER the play. One on Gronk, One on Amendola, One on Micah Hyde. Those "off-set" each other. Then Hughes got called for mouthing off to one of the officials.. That was the only penalty enforced.

However, as is CLEAR in the replay, there was a flag thrown before Gronk went 5 yards. The area that it was in should have meant it was a defensive penalty and been a free play for the Pats. That would have negated the PI..

The OPI you're referring to was on a different play.. And was a BS call because Gronk didn't push off at all.. Even Romo said it was a horrible call.

I didn't mean PI ON Gronk..I mean he was interferred with on THAT play, the flag was on the ground..it was ignored post play. Forgive me, I get Steratore and Corrente mixed up all the time but I KNOW the face. The "face" today we've already seen this season and he called a HORRENDOUS lopsided game against us in Foxboro

so..there ARE Gronk Rules where YOU can grab and hang on to all parts of his body for 5, 10, 15, and 20 yards downfield, push OFF from YOUR hold and intercept the ball. Nice. Wish the league had informed US of this rule change

i actually think there will be a positive offshoot from this.....you know BB will be sending tape to the league of the treatment gronk gets
BB is not happy with Gronk's foolish attack.

so..there ARE Gronk Rules where YOU can grab and hang on to all parts of his body for 5, 10, 15, and 20 yards downfield, push OFF from YOUR hold and intercept the ball. Nice. Wish the league had informed US of this rule change

irrelevant

Stupid play by Gronk but I get the frustration and his wanting to take it out on the guy that just mugged him.

Nah, he'll get a hefty fine but there's no way he gets suspended.

I'm sorry, did Goodell resign recently without my knowledge? Any other team in the league, it gets ignored or merely fined when it's a 1st offense. This is the first time Goodell has ever had a legit reason to f*ck the Patriots. He WILL take full advantage. Gronk f*cked up big time.

This kind of reminds me of 2007 where holding and throwing Vrabel to the ground was legalized.

laugh my ass off every single time when gronk body slams the dude. **** that cornerback and **** the refs costing brady another ******** int

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes