PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gronk Says He and Cooks "Got in Trouble" For TD Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because some of us realize it was a dominant win not an ugly, sloppy one.

Do you even know what a sloppy game is? A few things being sloppy in the passing game doesn't equate to it being a sloppy game overall. Because saying the game was sloppy you are in a sense ****ting on the defense that gave up only 10 points, forced 3 TOs (5 if they called Flowers strip correct and if Butler would have seen the ball came out when he knocked the ball out of Landry's hands), had 7 sacks and only allowed 220 yards. The running game was also not sloppy running for 200 yards.

Too many "ifs"...We have a difference of opinion. In your eyes that was a "blow out". We did have the better team however the game was not comfortably in hand until the final TD. (Maybe you were chatting with guests.) The Dolphins are an undisciplined mess and were unable to fully capitalize on our mistakes. Here is an article that states
While the Patriots racked up another 400+ yard game and 35 points they were definitely sloppy at times,

Lewis, Patriots Run Over the Dolphins 35-17, Quick Observations

Last edited:
Please find an article stating that yesterday's effort was sharp or playoff ready. I am eager to read it.

Agreed. I think BB thinks celebrating with your teammates is one thing, while stupid antics after a score are something entirely different. Did Cooks and Gronk cause a delay of game penalty? There was one after that score, but I couldn't tell who caused it. That would definitely get them in trouble.

I just rewatched that TD. There wasn't a penalty after that score.

Too many "ifs"...We have a difference of opinion. In your eyes that was a "blow out". We did have the better team however the game was not comfortably in hand until the final TD. (Maybe you were chatting with guests.) The Dolphins are an undisciplined mess and were unable to fully capitalize on our mistakes. Here is an article that states

Lewis, Patriots Run Over the Dolphins 35-17, Quick Observations
Appeal to authority with a Steve balistreri article. Precious.

An 18 point lead after 3 and 11 in the 4th when the other team has scored 10 on offense while dominating the LOS on both sides of the ball, shutting down their offense almost completely is comfortably in hand.

What about the other articles? Can you find one that supports your point of view?

I mentioned before that Gronk's signature throw down spike after a touchdown has developed into a routine where his team awaits the smash and the resultant rubber /plastic flying into the air from the force. Pretty tame compared to the correographed (sic) post td celebrations of other lesser teams. BB wants them to acknowledge and run back to the sideline. He himself raises his arm high probably 3 times a game. Exuberance yes, lol.

What about the other articles? Can you find one that supports your point of view?

Yeah don't worry. Imo, it was a sloppy game which means it had uncharacteristically bad errors. Two bad snaps, an interception, a muffed punt (and btw the Miami gunner hit Amendola's facemask after he caught the ball), false starts etc....

True. There were several red flags. Miami was ill equipped to take full advantage most of the errors.

I cam to this thread expecting a valid point against the celebration.......none were provided.....it was fun

as for sloppy play, meh.........the dolphins did what the dolphins do when they play the pats......try to physically assault brady.....meanwhile, it was a bad karras snap away from turning into a complete blowout by halftime......it gave the dolphins a reason to continue to assault

the pats probably found it hard to get excited about a piece of poop swirling down the toilet

Until this Cooks/Gronk celebration we haven't seen the Pats take liberties with their newfound celebration freedom this year, have we?

Come to think of it, the opponents haven't done it to use during any of these games have they? (this maybe due to lack of opportunities)

Of course I'm sure we can expect something out of the Steelers IF they score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes